DHEA Supplementation

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
I don't believe that HCG stimulate testicles (or anything else) to produce DHEA or Preg. I use 500iu of HCG every 3 1/2 days and supplement 35mg of DHEA daily. Before you supplement with DHEA, have your levels checked. DHEA will increase E2.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

skycop00

Tony DUTCH DHEA Ex.jpg I love the DUTCH test for many reasons. Here we can see my low DHEA, but as we follow the downstream metabolites we can see they are quite normal and relatively evenly distributed between Alpha and Beta Pathways. This snapshot also show my estrogens and phase 1 and 2 detox paths. This info has assisted me greatly with my personal goals and my clients. I have not ran a saliva test in over 2 years now. I am using DUTCH urine for cycle mapping assisting those having difficulty conceiving!

sebco

I started taking 25 mg of DHEA at night about a week ago, after recommendation on my first consultation with defymedical. My dhea came at 272 ug/Dl, which seems to be low for a 33 year old.

I've been taking it at night before going to bed. I've experience that I am waking up around 2 hours earlier than usual. I tried taking it in the morning but it makes me feel groggy.

any suggestions? how do you guys take it?

Thanks

meanbreen

I started taking 25 mg of DHEA at night about a week ago, after recommendation on my first consultation with defymedical. My dhea came at 272 ug/Dl, which seems to be low for a 33 year old.

I've been taking it at night before going to bed. I've experience that I am waking up around 2 hours earlier than usual. I tried taking it in the morning but it makes me feel groggy.

any suggestions? how do you guys take it?

Thanks
I take it with dinner every evening. I also take Magnesium a couple hours before bed. I too felt extremely groggy when taking it in the morning. I *think* that since DHEA has an inverse effect on cortisol, taking DHEA in the morning could exacerbate low morning cortisol issues that some people deal with.

ERO

I take it with dinner every evening. I also take Magnesium a couple hours before bed. I too felt extremely groggy when taking it in the morning. I *think* that since DHEA has an inverse effect on cortisol, taking DHEA in the morning could exacerbate low morning cortisol issues that some people deal with.

Try taking 25mg of DHEA before bed instead of with dinner and see what happens. That may make a big difference, or you may be a person that benefits most from taking it in the morning. Everybody is different. Me, I have issues with high night time cortisol so taking it before bed helps me sleep properly, but again, everybody is different so you may need to experiment a bit to find the best time of day to take it.

Oh, and yes, DHEA does oppose Cortisol.

Alive

DHEA has an amazing effect on me. It improves my libido and boosts my confidence and swagger to a degree that girls easily notice it. It's like it gives me a "sexual aura", no kidding. BUT BUT BUT it also causes my facial hair to increase and that's not anything good for someone who is already very hairy. Alas, I had to stop taking it.

M

MarkM

DHEA has an amazing effect on me. It improves my libido and boosts my confidence and swagger to a degree that girls easily notice it. It's like it gives me a "sexual aura", no kidding. BUT BUT BUT it also causes my facial hair to increase and that's not anything good for someone who is already very hairy. Alas, I had to stop taking it.

So shave, easy trade off in my opinion. Bad decision to turn off improved libido, confidence, swagger, and “sexual aura”. Some people never have those things?

Are you crazy?

Alive

So shave, easy trade off in my opinion. Bad decision to turn off improved libido, confidence, swagger, and “sexual aura”. Some people never have those things?

Are you crazy?

LOL

Well, my beard is getting close to my eyes and my ears are getting covered in hair. Unsettling.

Gianluca

Try taking 25mg of DHEA before bed instead of with dinner and see what happens. That may make a big difference, or you may be a person that benefits most from taking it in the morning. Everybody is different. Me, I have issues with high night time cortisol so taking it before bed helps me sleep properly, but again, everybody is different so you may need to experiment a bit to find the best time of day to take it.

Oh, and yes, DHEA does oppose Cortisol.

I started taking DHEA as well, my Doc told me 25mg twice a day, I take 25mg in the am which really give me good mood/well being, then I have been tried with 25mg at about 6/7pm, and not sure if that last dose was giving me sleepiness so I tried to take it at about 5pm but same issue, I will try to take that right before sleep with melatonin and see what happens.

Although I heard Jerry Brainum saying that DHEA decrease GABA in the brain so it should not be taken before sleep

DragonBits

This is interesting study, if I interpret it correctly it seem to say increasing DHEA in older adults is a negative. Please correct me if I am wrong about that.

For me taking DHEA has had had no noticeable effect on health or sleep though it did raise my level of DHEA-S. My E2 sensitive was 20.3 (8-35) my free T was 20.7 (6.6 - 18.1). I don't think dhea affected my E2 at all. My PSA level went up, though it may have had noting to do with DHEA.

"Impact of DHEA on GABA-agonist Challenge in Healthy Young and Older adults

The primary goal of this dissertation research was to investigate the effect of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) administration on recovery from a GABA-agonist challenge in healthy young and older adults. DHEA and its sulfate metabolite DHEA-S are natural steroid hormones that are produced primarily in the adrenal glands and act as precursors to other hormones (e.g., testosterone and estrogen) in the body. Animal studies have demonstrated antagonistic effects of DHEA and DHEA-S at the GABA receptor complex. When compared to young adults, the elderly have lower concentrations of DHEA and DHEA-S and recover more slowly from the CNS effects of benzodiazepines, the most commonly prescribed class of GABA-agonists. To investigate the role of DHEA and/or DHEA-S as excitatory steroids in the human brain, a GABA-agonist challenge study was proposed. Secondary goals included evaluations of SEM variability over repeated same-day testing and assessing the influence of age and endogenous concentrations of DHEA and DHEA-S on SEMs.Both young (20 to 30 years) and older (60 to 79 years) men and women participated in this four-way crossover of placebo, DHEA, alprazolam plus placebo and alprazolam plus DHEA. For the 12.5 hours after the drug or placebo was administered, responses mediated via the GABA-A receptor complex (saccadic eye movements (SEMs), sedation, memory, and psychomotor performance) were assessed and blood samples were collected for the purpose of determining DHEA, DHEA-S, and alprazolam concentrations. These data demonstrate that DHEA administration enhanced impairment in older men and women and did not alter impairment in young men and women. DHEA administration did not accelerate recovery from GABA-agonist challenge in the older subjects. In fact, the opposite effect was seen with the older men and women who demonstrated saccades with slower velocities and longer durations during the recovery phase of the DHEA/Alp treatment. A surprising outcome of this report is the number of older subjects who experienced impairment at a level where they were unable to complete the SEM tasks in both treatments. The number of older subjects unable to perform the SEM tasks during the DHEA/Alp treatment was significantly greater than during the PL/Alp treatment."

Impact of DHEA on GABA-agonist Challenge in Healthy Young and Older adults - D-Scholarship@Pitt

Vince

Super Moderator
This is interesting study, if I interpret it correctly it seem to say increasing DHEA in older adults is a negative. Please correct me if I am wrong about that.

For me taking DHEA has had had no noticeable effect on health or sleep though it did raise my level of DHEA-S. My E2 sensitive was 20.3 (8-35) my free T was 20.7 (6.6 - 18.1). I don't think dhea affected my E2 at all. My PSA level went up, though it may have had noting to do with DHEA.

"Impact of DHEA on GABA-agonist Challenge in Healthy Young and Older adults

The primary goal of this dissertation research was to investigate the effect of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) administration on recovery from a GABA-agonist challenge in healthy young and older adults. DHEA and its sulfate metabolite DHEA-S are natural steroid hormones that are produced primarily in the adrenal glands and act as precursors to other hormones (e.g., testosterone and estrogen) in the body. Animal studies have demonstrated antagonistic effects of DHEA and DHEA-S at the GABA receptor complex. When compared to young adults, the elderly have lower concentrations of DHEA and DHEA-S and recover more slowly from the CNS effects of benzodiazepines, the most commonly prescribed class of GABA-agonists. To investigate the role of DHEA and/or DHEA-S as excitatory steroids in the human brain, a GABA-agonist challenge study was proposed. Secondary goals included evaluations of SEM variability over repeated same-day testing and assessing the influence of age and endogenous concentrations of DHEA and DHEA-S on SEMs.Both young (20 to 30 years) and older (60 to 79 years) men and women participated in this four-way crossover of placebo, DHEA, alprazolam plus placebo and alprazolam plus DHEA. For the 12.5 hours after the drug or placebo was administered, responses mediated via the GABA-A receptor complex (saccadic eye movements (SEMs), sedation, memory, and psychomotor performance) were assessed and blood samples were collected for the purpose of determining DHEA, DHEA-S, and alprazolam concentrations. These data demonstrate that DHEA administration enhanced impairment in older men and women and did not alter impairment in young men and women. DHEA administration did not accelerate recovery from GABA-agonist challenge in the older subjects. In fact, the opposite effect was seen with the older men and women who demonstrated saccades with slower velocities and longer durations during the recovery phase of the DHEA/Alp treatment. A surprising outcome of this report is the number of older subjects who experienced impairment at a level where they were unable to complete the SEM tasks in both treatments. The number of older subjects unable to perform the SEM tasks during the DHEA/Alp treatment was significantly greater than during the PL/Alp treatment."

Impact of DHEA on GABA-agonist Challenge in Healthy Young and Older adults - D-Scholarship@Pitt
I've always recommended, men who are not on trt. Don't supplement with DHEA, causes too many issues. I don't believe (I may be wrong) that it affects men negatively who are trt.

DragonBits

I've always recommended, men who are not on trt. Don't supplement with DHEA, causes too many issues. I don't believe (I may be wrong) that it affects men negatively who are trt.

I can't say DHEA had any negative or positive effects on me.

But I am trending towards not changing my natural levels of hormones (thyroid, DHEA, E2, DHT, ?) that are in range UNLESS I see a definitive benefit. I am leaning towards not wanting to "optimise" levels based on a theory.

I see a obvious benefit to raising my testosterone level, and an obvious benefit to lowering my blood glucose. AND without TRT my Free T was below range, my E2 was below range, and without either changing my diet or using metformin, (or a combination of the two) my blood glucose was trending towards out of range.

As long as my E2 stays between 20-40, that seems OK by me. I only had E2 at 56 when my TT was at 1389 ng/dl (264 - 916) and FT was at 28.4 (6.6 - 18.1). So my TT/FT was fairly high, it made sense my E2 would rise as well.

(I feel like I could lower my blood glucose with diet weight loss alone, but metformin does seem to help lower my appetite and lower BG.)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me