DHEA Supplementation

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

What is "it" and how do you know that it is "it" that converts

I’m confused. He’s obviously saying that the sublingual DHEA he took is what raised his DHEA-S level. What else could of raised it like that? Not trying to be rude or anything. It just seems rather obvious what he meant.

Alive

Why confused? I'm obviously assuming he is one of those guys who answers without paying enough attention to the post (cause he didn't confirm the first question). Not meaning to be rude of course!

Anyways, how can one be sure that their sublingual dhea is converted to DHEA-S? Many other mechanisms could be at play.

captain

You do labs for DHEA-S and if its low you supplement DHEA and retest to confirm its working for you. You test DHEA-S because DHEA converts to DHEA-S.

Last edited:

Gman86

Why confused? I'm obviously assuming he is one of those guys who answers without paying enough attention to the post (cause he didn't confirm the first question). Not meaning to be rude of course!

Anyways, how can one be sure that their sublingual dhea is converted to DHEA-S? Many other mechanisms could be at play.

Just get a DHEA-S test before and after supplementing with sublingual DHEA. That should tell you if it’s converting or not.

Will Brink

Almost a decade ago I wrote what I believe was the first article on DHEA as it applied to the effects/benefits to women specifically which I recently updated. (1) A women asked me what I thought of the drug INTRAROSA (Prasterone) not long ago. Her doctor mentioned it for her to consider and said he's seen good responses in women using it. So I did some digging to see what this amazing "steroid" that helps women? Yup, just good old dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). And typical of those sneaky bastards, they list is as "3β-hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one."

Yup, another way of writing DHEA....I was really blown away by all that. Per usual, a cheap supplement has been re sold as a wildly over expensive drug and given a different route of administration.

(1) DHEA; The Most Underrated Supplement For Women?

So what mechanism? Discuss.

Point being you made a hollow post here. Besides telling us that seeing a barber and grooming yourself is a problem I don't know what you're offering in this discussion except to demand information.

Alive

I thought it would be obvious but here is a possible scenario: you take sublingual DHEA, it is not sulfated but the increase in DHEA makes your body convert more of its own to DHEA-S. There are more possible scenarios which I leave to you to think.

The nonconversion part is from here: The Distinction Between DHEA and DHEA-S & Why Both Are Important For a Healthy Brain - The ZRT Laboratory Blog

Besides telling us that seeing a barber and grooming yourself is a problem...

You OK brah?

Alive

You do labs for DHEA-S and if its low you supplement DHEA and retest to confirm its working for you. You test DHEA-S because DHEA converts to DHEA-S.

First I was talking about 'sublingual' DHEA, and the no, a scientist doesn't say "I did X and Y happened so X must cause Y". He has to rule out other possible causes, even random variation. I assume ZRT lab folks know what they are talking about. But why should I care, you can believe in whatever you like.

captain

First I was talking about 'sublingual' DHEA, and the no, a scientist doesn't say "I did X and Y happened so X must cause Y". He has to rule out other possible causes, even random variation. I assume ZRT lab folks know what they are talking about. But why should I care, you can believe in whatever you like.
I was just answering your question the only way I know how. I am not a doctor or a scientist and can't believe the way you are responding to everyone. I would guess your not going to get responses here acting that way. I know I am done with you.!..

Gman86

Maybe dhea levels are met do be lower as we age. Personally with dhea I would not supplement unless it's below range.

All hormone levels are meant to be lower as we get older, it’s how your body accelerates aging so that you die and you don’t take up valuable resources anymore. These resources are needed for people that are still fertile, and can pass on healthy DNA and keep our species alive. But we are here on this forum because we are trying to fight the aging process, so I don’t think you’re going to get anybody to agree with your theory that we would potentially be healthier if we kept certain hormone levels lower, and only replaced other specific hormones. All due respect obviously.

charile12

All hormone levels are meant to be lower as we get older, it’s how your body accelerates aging so that you die and you don’t take up valuable resources anymore. These resources are needed for people that are still fertile, and can pass on healthy DNA and keep our species alive. But we are here on this forum because we are trying to fight the aging process, so I don’t think you’re going to get anybody to agree with your theory that we would potentially be healthier if we kept certain hormone levels lower, and only replaced other specific hormones. All due respect obviously.

This is my opinion and I may actually decide to optimize other hormones in addition to free t.

Its just food for thought. But can our aging organs handle high normal or above range hormone levels? there are a lot of unknowns.

I do think that if levels are low perhaps even low normal with certain hormones, that supplementation makes sense.

Gman86

This is my opinion and I may actually decide to optimize other hormones in addition to free t.

Its just food for thought. But can our aging organs handle high normal or above range hormone levels? there are a lot of unknowns.

I do think that if levels are low perhaps even low normal with certain hormones, that supplementation makes sense.

That’s a good point. Never really thought about the fact that as we age, at some point it might be asking too much of our bodies to handle hormone levels at which we see in young males. Definitely some food for thought.

GreenMachineX

I’ve had a tough time in the past with sublingual and micronized DHEA. My levels are abysmal (39?), but those times I’ve used those types actually crashed me e2 somehow (I know, unbelievable, but confirmed with labs), so this time I’m trying just plain 5mg in the morning, not micronized and not sublingual.

My e2 naturally runs low (17) even with test at 600 and free T at 19 (range 9-25). My hemoglobin is already 17.9 or so and hematocrit 50.9 with these testosterone numbers otherwise I would increase testosterone dosage for more conversion to e2, but obviously can’t (or debatably can’t). I need to bring my e2 up higher or my DHEA levels up higher because my sleep still suffers, I still have joint pain and libido and sensitivity still suffer. I also am just far too emotional. I suspect part of the reason my blood pressure stays elevated is also due to low e2 or low DHEA because when I really crash my e2, it skyrocketed. This is all I know to do left!

Gman86

I’ve had a tough time in the past with sublingual and micronized DHEA. My levels are abysmal (39?), but those times I’ve used those types actually crashed me e2 somehow (I know, unbelievable, but confirmed with labs), so this time I’m trying just plain 5mg in the morning, not micronized and not sublingual.

My e2 naturally runs low (17) even with test at 600 and free T at 19 (range 9-25). My hemoglobin is already 17.9 or so and hematocrit 50.9 with these testosterone numbers otherwise I would increase testosterone dosage for more conversion to e2, but obviously can’t (or debatably can’t). I need to bring my e2 up higher or my DHEA levels up higher because my sleep still suffers, I still have joint pain and libido and sensitivity still suffer. I also am just far too emotional. I suspect part of the reason my blood pressure stays elevated is also due to low e2 or low DHEA because when I really crash my e2, it skyrocketed. This is all I know to do left!

What dose of DHEA were you taking in the micronized snd sublingual versions?

You definitely have room to play with your HCT. You can go up to around 54ish without anything to worry about. So raising your testosterone dose is definitely an option, imo. Next time you get your HCT tested, make sure to be as hydrated as possible. Also, cardio lowers HCT. So frequently doing cardio each week should help.

Based off of your free T level, I assume your SHBG is on the lower side. So you probably don’t need to boost your E2 up that much. Maybe getting your total T to around 800-900 should do the trick. So I would definitely try upping your dose. That’s clearly the answer, from what I can tell. Also, if you’re in need of some more E2, higher doses of DHEA seems like it would do the trick. I know you said that DHEA has lowered your E2 in the past, but what doses of DHEA have you tried. Maybe they were too low.

GreenMachineX

I’ve used doses ranging from 15-50mg of sublingual and micronized. I’m going to try this basic type of DHEA first for a few weeks, then possibly bump to 10 if it works. I’ll know eventually if that brain fog starts!

I don’t know if I agree with the whole hct doesn’t matter thing. I’ve heard both sides of the argument but I’ve also seen research saying that any higher end (high 40’s) hematocrit increases mortality.

Gman86

I’ve used doses ranging from 15-50mg of sublingual and micronized. I’m going to try this basic type of DHEA first for a few weeks, then possibly bump to 10 if it works. I’ll know eventually if that brain fog starts!

I don’t know if I agree with the whole hct doesn’t matter thing. I’ve heard both sides of the argument but I’ve also seen research saying that any higher end (high 40’s) hematocrit increases mortality.

For what it’s worth, I’m a nurse, and have been in healthcare for 10+ years. But honestly that just gives me a basic understanding of the cardiovascular and hematologic systems. The understanding that a person would need in order to understand the impact that HCT has on these systems, can be acquired by any person that has the internet, whether they have medical experience or not. So I don’t have much of an advantage in this department over any random joe. But from my understanding, HCT and HGB have much less of an impact on blood viscosity than most people think. I could be wrong, but from what I gather, blood platelets are what you don’t want to see too elevated. But obviously everything needs to be in balance, so having too high of a HCT and HGB level can absolutely be dangerous. But I think the level that they can be at, without causing any risk or harm, is quite a few points higher than what most people think.

I personally just make sure to keep mine below 55. What I can guarantee, without a shadow of a doubt though, is that HCT in the high 40’s, and even low 50’s is nothing to worry about. I can guarantee that 100%. If you want to err on the side of caution, just keep your HCT 52 or below. I promise that you have nothing to worry about with a HCT of 52 or lower.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me