DHEA Supplementation: Have You Felt Any Effects?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
I know that many members supplement with DHEA for health benefits. I'm wondering if anyone has felt benefits, when supplementing with DHEA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

It helps me sleep by blocking nighttime cortisol, but I cant "feel" anything beneficial from it. Changing my levels from low to high has not helped my TRT one bit.

ratbag

I feel calmer and less anxious on DHEA and after I'd been on it with progesterone for a few months I was able to stop taking anastrozole. Before that I had difficulty controlling my high E2. I'm unclear what the mechanism was and I didn't expect it.

Me and DHEA do not get along but i still take it because my doctor/blood tests says I need it.
As I understand DHEA is used to make many different hormones and without it you could be depriving your body of other hormones.

I was told to take it in the evening but I get a caffeine buzz from DHEA and can not fall asleep. So I take at after breakfast.
I honestly can't say if it is helping in any way.
Once I get my protocol fine tuned I might experiment to see what happen without supplementing DHEA but I can't afford to do that right now.

I haven´t noticed any effects at all. I supplement DHEA only because low in blood test. I wonder what I´m suppose to feel from it really.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Me and DHEA do not get along but i still take it because my doctor/blood tests says I need it.
As I understand DHEA is used to make many different hormones and without it you could be depriving your body of other hormones.

I was told to take it in the evening but I get a caffeine buzz from DHEA and can not fall asleep. So I take at after breakfast.
I honestly can't say if it is helping in any way.
Once I get my protocol fine tuned I might experiment to see what happen without supplementing DHEA but I can't afford to do that right now.
I'm the same, can't take DHEA at night. It keeps me awake.

Leesto

I'm the same, can't take DHEA at night. It keeps me awake.

I take it with my evening meal. without DHEA: no nocturnal erections nor morning wood. With DHEA: strong nocturnal erections almost every night. I have noticed no other effects. That doesn't mean there aren't any - just that I haven't noticed.

Kaes

body hair growth. libido increase. nice while it lasts.
after a period of time, maybe a month or so, i feel it starts to convert to E.
at this point, libido drops off and **** seems less "full."

JQ88

One thing that cannot be denied is that DHEA will increase estrogen conversion.

It’s very interesting all this back filling stuff.

I don’t know about you but when my T:E is dialed in my mood is great **** works great mind works great focused.

So..... is T:E ratio the only thing that matters?

If so... backfilling will make things more complicated.

ratbag

That is interesting because everyone here says the same thing that it'll increase estrogen but does that mean it's increasing E2? Because I take 50mg DHEA daily and before I did that I had a high E2 problem that I had to take anastrozole for. But since I've been put on 50mg DHEA daily my E2 problem disappeared and I no longer have to take anastrozole. Aside of all that taking DHEA makes me feel calm and relaxed.. good mood as mentioned above.

My bloodwork was showing my DHEA was a little lower than my NP at Defy likes to see. I think mine was between 300 and 400, she wanted to get it up to 600. I agreed to take DHEA 100mg / day. I bought a bottle of 120 capsules from Swanson. After 90 days of supplementing with the DHEA, my bloodwork showed that my DHEA had maxed out (above 1000). It caused serious cystic type acne all over my back. E2 was fine as I have been taking anastrozole all along (.5mg twice a week). I cut out the DHEA immediately, and the acne almost immediately went away too. As far as the well being and feeling different, I felt nothing different while on the DHEA......nothing noticeable. Libido and erections are fine without the DHEA. Also, I can't understand how and why 100mg / day took my DHEA level off the chart. That was insane.

My bloodwork was showing my DHEA was a little lower than my NP at Defy likes to see. I think mine was between 300 and 400, she wanted to get it up to 600. I agreed to take DHEA 100mg / day. I bought a bottle of 120 capsules from Swanson. After 90 days of supplementing with the DHEA, my bloodwork showed that my DHEA had maxed out (above 1000). It caused serious cystic type acne all over my back. E2 was fine as I have been taking anastrozole all along (.5mg twice a week). I cut out the DHEA immediately, and the acne almost immediately went away too. As far as the well being and feeling different, I felt nothing different while on the DHEA......nothing noticeable. Libido and erections are fine without the DHEA. Also, I can't understand how and why 100mg / day took my DHEA level off the chart. That was insane.

wow Dr Calkins with Defy told me 350 was what he would like me at. I supplemented 25mg/day and got my DHEA to 256 and he was OK with that.
600 dam that is way out of scope.

HealthMan

I don’t feel anything taking DHEA. Have taken anywhere from 10mg to 100mg a day and had DHEA-S levels anywhere from 300-700 and didn’t feel any difference. Pregnenolone however gives me a sense of well being.
When i had high levels of DHEA-S i think it was pushing my estradiol levels higher

Dano

I've been taking 25mg of DHEA along with an extra 2000 IU of D3 daily since August. I successfully re-started my testosterone with Clomid (low dose for a couple months) and pushed my total T levels back to 600 where they stayed. My estrogen levels were low and after reading your posts about DHEA increasing E levels, I tried it. I feel much better - brain fog is almost gone, fatigue isn't really a problem anymore and my drive/response/morning wood is back. I also feel like my mood is happier and I don't know how much I can attribute this to raising my E2 levels or DHEA or both..... It is an inexpensive supplement plan that goes well with my once daily Alive Mens Vitamin and a Costco fish oil capsule. I will turn 49 this summer and feel a ton better than I've felt in a few years.

Texaspete

I started taking 25 mg DHEA about a year ago. I had taken a blood test, and was looking to get trimix. After reviewing my results they told me to take the 25 mg of DHEA with 5000 units of D3. Within a week or so, I was having the best morning erections in maybe 20 years. After about three months, and another blood test, the DHEA was increased to 30 mg, and continue with the 5000 D3. I get my DHEA from Empower, I would not trust anything over the counter. I never felt any side effects. I take it in the mornings.
I did go ahead and get the trimix as well. I don't use it that often, but wow, I do love it when I do use it.

ratbag

Ratbag it was probably the prog that reduced your need for AI.

Dhea will absolutely increase estrogen conversion.

Well lots of people here take DHEA and not to many say that it increases their E2. For me yeah I was low on both progesterone and Dhea but I started both of those at the same time. I take very little progesterone, probably about 4mg daily.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching