DHEA Supplementation Effect SHBG?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DJ87

Hey guys,

I recently began supplementing with a low dosage of micronized DHEA(10mg daily) to see if I can boost my lower levels. I ran 25mg a day at one point in the past with a cheap version and it caused some estrogen related side effects which I was trying to avoid with a better quality DHEA and a lower dose. Even at a lower dose it seemed to effect me the same way albeit it took longer than before. I recently had my 6 month labs run with Defy while supplementing DHEA(about a week and half in) which are below. DHEA is only thing that changed in my regimen, would it have that big of an effect on my SHBG?

June Labs:

TT -1100
FT - 29
E2 - 40
DHEA - 137
SHBG 20.5

July Labs(TT,FT,E2 not included):

DHEA - 150
SHBG - 16.5

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

captain

If DHEA suppresses Cortisol it would probably increase SHBG. I have used DHEA from different sources and found DHEA Troche from Empower to be the only one that increased my DHEA. I have used micronized and creams. I never seen any change in Estradiol using DHEA with levels double normal range.

DJ87

Appreciate the replies Vince, Fifty and Captain. I am going to halt the DHEA for a week and get new bloods to see if that is cause and report back. Not sure what else it could be at this point.

DJ87

Your Diet from one set of labs to the next would cause SHBG to change that much.
Protein possibly? Gyms opened up back in my state and I have been getting around 150 more grams of protein a day. Other macros cals, fat, carb were not drastically changed.

captain

I don't know about Protein doing it. Maybe the quality of sleep you got who knows. You can't tell much from one set of labs. I would guess 4 points don't amount to much. Your hydration and lab accuracy +/- could change it from one set of labs to the next.

Vvs1

I believe DHEA is suppressed by IL-6. Mine is also low and have wanted to test IL-6.

There was another guy on here that had a huge increase with sublingual or trouche DHEA

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me