DHEA, is it needed on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

rocket man 400

I have heard much conflicting info on if we need to take DHEA on TRT. I tried 25 mg DHEA every day and it did increase my FT quite a bit. but my doctor said no need to take DHEA cause we get all the T from the testosterone injections. is there any benefit to DHEA? seems like all it does is either convert to estrogen or Testosterone, correct?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sh1973

I’ve yet to see anyone really benefit long term form it. It’s done nothing but cause problems for me and I feel better without it.

Vince

Super Moderator
Before I started trt, dhea would just convert my testosterone l into estrogen. The more dhea I took the lower of my testosterone went and the higher my estrogen became. Now that I’m on trt, I do supplement with dhea, just to keep it in a good range.

rocket man 400

Before I started trt, dhea would just convert my testosterone l into estrogen. The more dhea I took the lower of my testosterone went and the higher my estrogen became. Now that I’m on trt, I do supplement with dhea, just to keep it in a good range.
Any benefit to DHEA , any reason to take it if T is fine? I know i can take less T if on 25 mg per day DHEA , blood work proved it. But keeping things simpler by just using T

Vince

Super Moderator
Any benefit to DHEA , any reason to take it if T is fine? I know i can take less T if on 25 mg per day DHEA , blood work proved it. But keeping things simpler by just using T
For me, I really don’t feel any extra benefit from dhea. But as you know I do supplement with it. Just to keep my levels in a good range

dell500

For me, I really don’t feel any extra benefit from dhea. But as you know I do supplement with it. Just to keep my levels in a good range
What were your levels before taking it? Mine are mid-range but I also have some thyroid stuff going on. Doc recently said to start taking 25mg with my liothyronine (5mcg/day rn) and all I feel is extreme fatigue and some minor acne coming on.

Vince

Super Moderator
What were your levels before taking it? Mine are mid-range but I also have some thyroid stuff going on. Doc recently said to start taking 25mg with my liothyronine (5mcg/day rn) and all I feel is extreme fatigue and some minor acne coming on.
My dhea levels were low. Dhea can increase Estrogen, that could be causing your issues? Stop the dhea and see if it makes a difference.

dell500

My dhea levels were low. Dhea can increase Estrogen, that could be causing your issues? Stop the dhea and see if it makes a difference.
Will do. Would taking it for the last 4 days be enough for a reaction tho? Since it's a hormone and all.

sh1973

Yes they were low after starting trt but really they should be because your body isn’t using dhea to produce testosterone anymore. Dhea never provided any real benefit only side effects.

JimGainz

My levels were mid range for my age -155 but I supplement with 25mg nightly which puts me in the mid 300s.

I feel a difference in energy, cognition and libido. Also, there is research on this promoting immune system - which is important these days.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me