DHEA dangerous with TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Justin37

I'm on testosterone replacement therapy and DHEA. My doctor recommended the DHEA. I saw here DHEA "Don't use DHEA with testosterone. Combining DHEA and testosterone might cause symptoms such as low sperm count (oligospermia), enlarged breasts in men (gynecomastia) and the development of typically male characteristics in women." Any thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Simon7

Dhea metabolizes to E2, that is all. As long as you monitor E2 and keep it in range - which anyone on trt should - there is no cause for concern.

captain

There are guys that have enlarged breast and low sperm count that don't use DHEA. I have used DHEA for years and never seen an increase in E2.

JimGainz

Agree with all of the above. If anything I feel DHEA helps with libido, energy and immune system. Check out Dr Neal Rouzier’s info on this I downloaded his book from Amazon and he advocates keeping DHEA levels to upper limits of normal for health purposes.

JimGainz

Also. A lot of the doctors who say to avoid DHEA are preaching 30 year old medicine. There was a thought that taking androgens raises the risk of prostate cancer (as well as causing estrogen issues)
This has since been proven false.

DragonBits

I'm on testosterone replacement therapy and DHEA. My doctor recommended the DHEA. I saw here DHEA "Don't use DHEA with testosterone. Combining DHEA and testosterone might cause symptoms such as low sperm count (oligospermia), enlarged breasts in men (gynecomastia) and the development of typically male characteristics in women." Any thoughts?

Using TRT causes low sperm count since it shuts down testosterone production.

Despite having high levels of DHEA of 598 (30.9 - 295.6 age adjusted range) my E2 was 8.9 with a 650 total T. So pretty low E2.

Whether dhea does anything positive or not I am not sure, but in most men it doesn't increase E2, though a few men have posted about dhea increasing their E2.

The benefits of DHEA are difficult to definitively measure as many hormones affect what is suggested to be the potential benefits of DHEA.

The Potential Benefits of DHEA Restoration:
Improved cognitive function and mood
Increased bone mineral density
Enhanced cardiovascular health
Improved insulin sensitivity
Enhanced immune function
Youthful skin restoration
Improved sexual function in men and women
Decreased levels of inflammatory markers
Increased longevity

Golfboy307

Before you start taking DHEA, have your doctor pull your DHEA-S levels and see where you are. You may be well within in range and have no need to supplement.

If you are already taking it, pull the test and make sure you aren't over the range.

Harley

My Dhea-s is 93 mcg/dl ( 80-560 ) , did a blood test 3 days ago .I am taking dhea 25 mg eod .
My Dhea-s was 72 mcg/dl in 4/2019.
I am within range , do you think I should keep taking Dhea or change to every day ?

Vince

Super Moderator
I think you should take 25 mg of DHEA daily and see what results you get, if any. That's the amount I use. Just to keep my DHEA in a good range or slightly above.

Simon7

My Dhea-s is 93 mcg/dl ( 80-560 ) , did a blood test 3 days ago .I am taking dhea 25 mg eod .
My Dhea-s was 72 mcg/dl in 4/2019.
I am within range , do you think I should keep taking Dhea or change to every day ?
Dr crisler recommended aiming for the upper range of DHEA-S. His recommendation was to take 25mg dhea twice a day with food.

Harley

Dr crisler recommended aiming for the upper range of DHEA-S. His recommendation was to take 25mg dhea twice a day with food.
Ciao ,
Thanks for the advice , did you try this dosage ?
I am a bit afraid to try upping the dosage so much .
I think baby steps , maybe 25 mg every day and then in a few weeks a dhea-s retest.

JimGainz

Ciao ,
Thanks for the advice , did you try this dosage ?
I am a bit afraid to try upping the dosage so much .
I think baby steps , maybe 25 mg every day and then in a few weeks a dhea-s retest.
That’s a logical approach, but given your current range and dosage you will likely need 50 mg / day. I take 25mg/ day life extension caps at night. My normal DHEA is 160. 25 mg puts me in the mid 300's which is fine. Don’t fear DHEA. There are so many bogus warnings out there from misinformed doctors. It’s an important hormone that needs to be optimized. I would suggest you also check out videos and books by Dr Neal Rouzier. In his book “Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy” he has an entire chapter on DHEA and refers to it as our Biochemical Clock - meaning it is a predictor of aging and disease. Very eye opening.

I’ve been taking DHEA since 2016 on TRT - have cycled on and off but feel so much better On, it’s now a continual part of my regiment just like Testosterone, Thyroid and Vitamin D. It’s an amazing hormone. Jack up your levels and you will notice a big difference.

JimGainz

Thanks for the reply,
Would you take 50mg in the morning /night or two 25mg doses?
I would take 2 25 mg doses. Keeps levels steady and you get the libido, mood enhancing, cognitive benefits in the day and then the GH increasing / adrenal support at night.

Vince

Super Moderator
I supplement with 25 mg of DHEA and 10 mg of pregnenolone.

Here's a copy of my last Labs for DHEA

DHEA-Sulfate 365.6 Reference Range: 48.8-344.2 ug/dL (range is adjusted for age)

Harley

When I started the road of trt I had no knowledge and all my knowledge comes from this forum , one of the first things I learned was to take baby steps and change my protocol slowly. I will up my dosage to 25mg per day and recheck again in a few weeks , if the numbers aren't at least doubled I will up the dosage . (If I don't get the Corona virus ).
I posted on the forum today all my protocol and blood analysis I would love some advice .
Thank you all.

JYD21

When I started the road of trt I had no knowledge and all my knowledge comes from this forum , one of the first things I learned was to take baby steps and change my protocol slowly. I will up my dosage to 25mg per day and recheck again in a few weeks , if the numbers aren't at least doubled I will up the dosage . (If I don't get the Corona virus ).
I posted on the forum today all my protocol and blood analysis I would love some advice .
Thank you all.
@Harley How did you go with your DHEA supplementation?

Harley

@Harley How did you go with your DHEA supplementation?
Ciao,
I wrote in my post that I hope I don't get the Corona virus , well I did get it and had a bit of a rough time . Took me a few month to return to function normally. I stopped Dhea and stopped injections went for cream only and 3 month ago I did a Hcg / Clomid protocol and quit TRT , so far I am happy though I really should do a blood test .

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me