Defy Medical Physical?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DahlinS

I’ve been trying to complete the Defy medical physical, but I can’t find anybody willing to do it. I’ve tried my GP, CVS, Walgreens and an urgent care near me. Defy patients, where do you get your physicals done and are you honest about what it’s for?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I get mine done at my primary doctor, I get my wellness exam and let her fill out defy medical paperwork. I'm completely honest with her, I've had doctors tried to discourage me. But I'm the boss of my health not them. I'm honest and they fill out the paperwork for me.

Systemlord

Just go to the CVS minute clinic and tell them you need a physical and your about to start on a hockey team (sports physical) and it's required. Don't mention anything about hormones and don't take the Defy Medical paper with you.

This is was suggested by Defy Medical and it worked.

M

MarkM

Here is what another forum member, Vince Carter does...........

I white out "defy medical" on their supplied form and tell my NP its a work physical. As you see in most instances there's any mention of hormones or telemed many providers go in to severe bias mode. The "why" you need it is immaterial to the exam, call it whatever...DOT physical, work physical, wellness exam, but never bring HRT in to the discussion.

Here's a thread relating to this topic................
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?10515&p=70393#post70393

Jon H

I've used CVS Minute Clinic several times, with no problems. I take the Defy Paperwork with me, and just say I need a general physical that will cover everything that's on the Defy paper. How can they possibly deny you a physical, especially if you're paying cash?

HealthMan

My first physical i used CVS. I told them it was for me to play in a soccer team. The nurse asked me soooo many questions and it was very uncomfortable but she finally decided to do it. Next year i asked my PCP and he was fine with that. I explained what I was doing, told him how great i felt and showed to him all the before and after labs showing improvements in markers like lipids panel and glucose levels. But like some said. You are freaking paying for the physical. It is no ones business. But unfortunately it doesn’t work this way. Better not to mention hormones just come up with a bs story

ratbag

It's crazy to hear of other MD's or clinics trying to discourage you from taking TRT. It's none of their business what your physical is used for. I like the responses in this thread. But this is reality, so when I see my regular PCP he knows I'm on TRT and he spends an inordinate amount of time trying to tell me it's not good for me. It irritated me so much that I stopped him mid sentence this time and told him it helps me immensely and eliminates a lot of pain I would normally have and I continued that he's not even able to acknowledge my symptoms let alone treat them and since this works he should be learning more about it. Unfortunately this is what 99% of MD's think, that we are all steroid abusers who do not understand. I don't tell any MD I'm on TRT unless I know that I have to. It's none of their business!

jdthoosier

In my case, it was a prior PCP who actually put me on TRT due to dirt-low T levels. Eventually I found a better PCP who will not touch TRT - but because I have documentation proving that it was another PCP that initiated the treatment, he's OK with Defy as long as I keep him informed of dosages and keep my levels reasonable.

DahlinS

You're welcome to request the provider's records and submit those, it does not have to be on our form.

Thank you for the reply. This was my initial plan and I had an annual physical done by my GP, but his records weren’t detailed enough. He didn’t break down his summary by “systems”. He just wrote “normal and unremarkable physical exam” and included vitals and labs. I went back and told him about Defy, but he said he didn’t feel comfortable giving me a physical for that purpose.

Thank you for the reply. This was my initial plan and I had an annual physical done by my GP, but his records weren’t detailed enough. He didn’t break down his summary by “systems”. He just wrote “normal and unremarkable physical exam” and included vitals and labs. I went back and told him about Defy, but he said he didn’t feel comfortable giving me a physical for that purpose.

He very likely did perform a review of systems, but is wrongly denying you access to those records. I can't be certain, but for a provider to not have documented an ROS is extremely unlikely.

DahlinS

He very likely did perform a review of systems, but is wrongly denying you access to those records. I can't be certain, but for a provider to not have documented an ROS is extremely unlikely.

Yeah, he did perform a review of systems. I’m not sure what to do now. How long from the date of the exam until Defy no longer accepts it?

Hoosier52

I had my first one done at CVS Minute Clinic. The PA ( a yg. female) thought it was very cool what I was doing with TRT and had no issue with it.

My 2nd and 3rd one was with my CNP. She was a bit reluctant the first time because she had never heard of Defy but had no questions the 2nd time and filled it out.

Why not make a list of what Defy wants checked and tell them you need a physical that covers these questions?

BigBamBoo

I went to a walk in clinic and said I needed a sports physical. The nice lady Dr kinda snickered at me as I am almost 50 and she was curious about what sport I was going to play. I told her T-ball.

$27.00 later I was on my way.

DragonBits

I’ve been trying to complete the Defy medical physical, but I can’t find anybody willing to do it. I’ve tried my GP, CVS, Walgreens and an urgent care near me. Defy patients, where do you get your physicals done and are you honest about what it’s for?

I was honest.

I tried walgreens, but they said they didn't cover all that Defy wanted.

I thought the immediate care facility close to me overcharges for service, I never tried them.

Went to me my PCP, he thought my going to Defy was a clever way to go, he did my physical. My only concern was if Medicare would pay for it, which they did. I really didn't consider a Doctor would refuse to do a physical.

Interesting and maybe pertinent, but my doctor is a bodybuilder and longtime weight lifter, in his youth he used to hang with many steroids uses and still "bangs" iron as he puts it. I read an online article he wrote saying “Truth of the matter is most of the “monsters” (back alley steroid users) I used to know have died or gone onto chronic disease”. He is more of a naturalist sort of Dr, I never asked if he ever used steroids.

He said the large medical group he is a part of didn't want him to prescribe testosterone that wasn’t medically necessary, as is below 265 ng/dl. I am not sure I totally got what he was saying, but since my TT was 350 ng/dl I am not below the new LabCorp low of 264 ng/dl, so it would be elective, and no doubt Medicare would not pay for it.

If insurance isn’t going to pay, then there isn’t much of an advantage to going local. I was just curious as to his reasons for not wanting to treat with TRT, which seems to be because he is part of a large medical hospital / association in my area.

Blackhawk

Walgreens totally shut me out last year. First try i was honest and they replied "we don't do that kind of thing here, we can't be held responsible " .

Seems since I checked in using their automated system they must have red flagged me. I went to two other locations with Defy identifiers blanked out on the form and said i needed the exam for an adventure trip, same reply.

I got a US DOT physical at an occupational clinic saying I was reapplying to test for a CDL, and Defy accepted the USDOT report. Exam was a $100 joke, but got me through the door at Defy.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me