Defy Medical HCG Shortage?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdthoosier

From what I see, this FDA effort against HCG compounding was initiated Feb/March 2020 (dim memory from a prior Nelson article) and has mostly to do with the abuses of HCG for weight loss purposes. Accordingly, mid-summer last year, seeing the handwriting on the wall, I started reducing my reliance on HCG by gradually reducing the dosage, to where I'm only using only maybe 22mg once a week, which is nothing. I will keep taking until I run out and then just give up. Not sure what benefit I'm getting at my age (low 60's). I took it only because I had the thought it would help keep my estradiol up.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Phil Goodman

From what I see, this FDA effort against HCG compounding was initiated Feb/March 2020 (dim memory from a prior Nelson article) and has mostly to do with the abuses of HCG for weight loss purposes. Accordingly, mid-summer last year, seeing the handwriting on the wall, I started reducing my reliance on HCG by gradually reducing the dosage, to where I'm only using only maybe 22mg once a week, which is nothing. I will keep taking until I run out and then just give up. Not sure what benefit I'm getting at my age (low 60's). I took it only because I had the thought it would help keep my estradiol up.
The thing that worries me is the possibility that test is next on the chopping block. If I have to come off I’d rather do it when I can get some HCG to minimize the discomfort of the process, instead of jumping off with no way to ramp up natural production and hoping for the best.

HarryCat2

Accordingly, mid-summer last year, seeing the handwriting on the wall, I started reducing my reliance on HCG by gradually reducing the dosage, to where I'm only using only maybe 22mg once a week, which is nothing. I will keep taking until I run out and then just give up. Not sure what benefit I'm getting at my age (low 60's). I took it only because I had the thought it would help keep my estradiol up.

This is my plan as well, I never really felt any benefit from HCG so now seems a good time to just stop using it entirely.

HealthMan

The clinic calling in a prescription to your local pharmacy has to have a doctor with a license in your state.
Nelson do you know if I can legally buy HCG overseas from reliablerx for example if I have a doctor’s prescription? And in this case does this doctor need to be licensed in my state or in this situation it doesn’t matter?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Nelson do you know if I can legally buy HCG overseas from reliablerx for example if I have a doctor’s prescription? And in this case does this doctor need to be licensed in my state or in this situation it doesn’t matter?
You don't need a script with them but I worry about heat exposure of that product coming all the way from India in delayed ships with the current supply chain problems in the world.

Deanna@Defy

Hello – Access to hCG remains a tremendous concern for us (at Defy Medical) and for our patients who rely on hCG as part of their health protocol. If you are a Defy patient, we encourage you to place an order as soon as possible to avoid the shipping deadline from Empower. In select states, there may be an alternative compounding pharmacy. If not, we are working with patients individually to identify options. Patients should call or email us so we can discuss what alternatives may be available. We continue to advocate for access to high quality medication for our patients and support the compounding pharmacies and providers who join us in that fight.

HealthMan

You don't need a script with them but I worry about heat exposure of that product coming all the way from India in delayed ships with the current supply chain problems in the world.
Yes. But to legally buy yes specially since in CT HCG is schedule III so i was wondering

T

tareload

1635342036384.png

1635342020236.png

Here's your options. Find a specialty pharmacy and a doctor.

In the US you've got the option of recombinant or urinary-derived hCG. A decent specialty pharmacy (typically deal with "difficult to handle" scripts for fertility or biologics) should stock one or more of these.

Dr Gregg

No compounding pharmacy (not even Empower) will be able to make hCG after Nov 5, 2021. The FDA threatened legal action. We will all have to get hCG called into regular pharmacies. Prices vary and I predict a shortage issue.

Agree. GoodRX and local pharmacy is the way to go for now.

bennettjc

I've been getting pharma grade HCG for well over a year from "PremiumRXDrugs" in India. $10 for 5000iu if you buy a 5 pack. Plus shipping. There are about 5 brands available through that pharmacy. I'm sure they are all fine but I like "Ovidac" as it is made by a division of Bayer. If you go this route you should know that you will need your own bacteriostatic water. The vial is tiny and will only hold about 2cc of dilutant. And it took about a month to arrive recently.

crazyhaha

I refilled my Rx from Empower today...so I should have at least 6 months worth. I'm not looking forward to the nightmare.

Last time I tried, CVS specialty pharm wouldn't fill the Rx because it wasn't covered by my insurance...and wouldn't even fill it if I payed out of pocket.

bennettjc

I've been getting it from a similar pharmacy over there with somewhat better prices. For what it is worth I've tested the solution with pregnancy strips and there is HCG. That is of course a qualitative not quantative analysis. But for the fun of I diiiuted the solution significantly and there was still potency. And it works clinically.
So that all convinced me.

Phil Goodman

I refilled my Rx from Empower today...so I should have at least 6 months worth. I'm not looking forward to the nightmare.

Last time I tried, CVS specialty pharm wouldn't fill the Rx because it wasn't covered by my insurance...and wouldn't even fill it if I payed out of pocket.
What is the status of your order? I ask because I placed my order Monday and it was still in “pending” status today. Called multiple times and finally got through and they said they would go ahead and process it, but now it’s still in “processing” and hasn’t gone through yet. Just trying to see if this is normal operations, slow because it’s my first order with them, or slow because of how crazy things are around there right now.

Charliebizz

That's strange I just had defy call it in for me in NY and CVS filled it and I payed out of pocket

I’ve always found empower products very shady personally. There’s a post on Reddit where someone describes that they’ve received several FDA warnings because their products were tested for sterility and failed. They didn’t abide by certain rules that the FDA imposed on them to make their products safe for the consumer, and they failed at that too. They don’t third party test each batch of cream as well, which is the issue I had with them with creams. Defy and empower have a business relationship, and I had a terrible experience with defy, so I’m kind of glad to see them suffer a bit.
I had a pretty shady experience with Empower just recently. I really expected Defy to have my back on it, but they just rolled over on me. Been debating about whether to post the event(s) here to see if anything similar has happened to anybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale