Defy Medical Blood Work-SHOCKED AT RESULTS!

Buy Lab Tests Online

JayLay777

Hi all,

Here is my first initial blood work with Defy Medical. Shocked at my results for the way I feel. Obviously I don't need TRT with those levels. My SHBG is sky high though for some reason.... For some reason I have high cholesterol too. I work out everyday and do cardio and eat clean. This is the highest my testosterone has ever been on a blood test. Usually its in the 500's to 600's with free test being low normal. I don't know why it can fluctuate so much. Would appreciate if anybody could point out something unusual on my blood work.

Thanks

Attachments

• LAYTON,JOESPH LAB RESULTS 12.13.17.pdf
    815.9 KB · Views: 343
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Even though your SHBG is very high youre still holding a rather respectable Free T approaching the lab max value. I dont see anything else to complain about besides the Chol numbers.

Hi JayLay, Are you still taking supplements to try and boost your Free T? If so that could be why your SHGB is out of wack. I would only take what Defy recommends until your next bloods.
I don't think your diet is as clean as you need it with those lipids.

As for how you are feeling...welcome to getting older. You think it sucks now wait till you hit your 40s

Vince

Super Moderator
Everything looks pretty good except for your LDL cholesterol and shbg. You say you eat clean so I don't know how much more you could do.

May I ask you how you feel overall, especially in regards to the sexual department?

And do you take any supplements or any medication (rogaine, finasteride, thyroid) etc.?

madman

Super Moderator
Regarding lowering your ldl- increase your intake of soluble fiber from beans and legumes/barley/oats/sweet potato and yams/vegetables/berries.

Blackhawk

After all your hypothesizing and fishing for answers I'm glad you got some actual data to go on. So your problem seems unrelated to T.

SHBG is a question mark though.

Lipids: I wouldn't worry too much, your HDL is quite good relative to LDL. And, LDL and total cholesterol numbers are becoming dinosaurs in terms of lipid evaluation/CAD risk these days. If concerned get a more detailed lipid evaluation like Cleveland heart labs.

Matt Leiser

After all your hypothesizing and fishing for answers I'm glad you got some actual data to go on. So your problem seems unrelated to T.

SHBG is a question mark though.

Lipids: I wouldn't worry too much, your HDL is quite good relative to LDL. And, LDL and total cholesterol numbers are becoming dinosaurs in terms of lipid evaluation/CAD risk these days. If concerned get a more detailed lipid evaluation like Cleveland heart labs.

Completely agree with Blackhawk. If heart disease is a major concern you could always schedule yourself a Coronary Artery Calcium scan. It will let you know if you have a problem. Otherwise your HDL and trig to total ratios look pretty good.

lexer

Your numbers are excellent despite having high shbg. I dont know of any health risks associated with high shbg?
could there be a correlation between shbg and cholesterol? I dont know of any. Your Free T is great !!!!!
i also recommend eating more fiber.
do you eat a lot of carbs or red meat? That will raise LDL.. any refined sugars or simple carbs can raise LDL.
you probably have a genetic predisposition to higher chokesterol meaning your liver produces a lot of it.
you do NOT need T replacement, dont even consider it.

JayLay777

Thanks for the reply. Despite having good t numbers my defy doctor prescribed 40 mg of DHEA for me. Even though its in range he said my level was too low for my age and needs to be in the 500's. I don't know of I agree though or if it would be good idea to supplement DHEA with my level at 294.8.

I wouldnt take or suggest 40mg, DHEA can complicate your therapy as it *can aromatase rather easily though the forms the Defy uses are less prone to that, it's something that some guys like and some guys do not. It's worthwhile to go low and titrate up start at 5-10mg and judge your tolerance over time. This treating numbers like that because it's a number isn't necessarily good like most other things in TRT, treating numbers usually is a poor strategy.

madman

Super Moderator
Hi all,

Here is my first initial blood work with Defy Medical. Shocked at my results for the way I feel. Obviously I don't need TRT with those levels. My SHBG is sky high though for some reason.... For some reason I have high cholesterol too. I work out everyday and do cardio and eat clean. This is the highest my testosterone has ever been on a blood test. Usually its in the 500's to 600's with free test being low normal. I don't know why it can fluctuate so much. Would appreciate if anybody could point out something unusual on my blood work.

Thanks

As long as you do not have any other underlying factors known to effect shbg than diet-specifically protein and fiber can effect ones shbg levels.https://academic.oup.com/view-large...Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline

Low protein diets tend to increase shbg and high fiber diets tend to increase shbg.https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/85/1/293/2854619

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me