Defy and compounding pharmacies

Buy Lab Tests Online

DahlinS

I would like to switch over to Defy medical in a few months when I move cross country. But after doing some research, I no longer feel comfortable using compounded medications.

1) does Defy require that you use one of their compounding pharmacies?

2) If you use compounding pharmacies, what makes you confident that your products aren’t contaminated or lacking in potency?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

S1W

Unless you’re moving to FL, you will have to use a compounding pharmacy with Defy. You didn’t mention which medications you use but most offerings from these pharmacies are compounded. Note however that you can purchase brand name T Cyp from these pharmacies, albeit at a significant mark up from what you’d pay for the compounded version or the exact same product at your local pharmacy.

I have ZERO concerns about using any compounded products from Empower. Top notch QC and products. It’s not like they’re some ma and pa pharmacy - FDA regulated with all modern facilities etc. They’re the real deal. Some guys claim their HCG isn’t as effective, but for T Cyp, it’s a great product which some guys even seek out due to it being made with grapeseed oil.

Compounding pharmacy's are I think actually more highly regulated than mainstream big pharma.

Defy does list non compounded Test on the defymedicalstore that I order my meds off of.

Too Defy has written me scripts for $25-30 that they've called in to my local CVS where I used my insurance etc etc. I don't know that they can do that with Testosterone though, this was a different drug that we were using at the time.

Vince

Super Moderator
My compounding pharmacy of choice is empower pharmacy. So far I've never had any issues with them.

xqfq

Everything negative you’ve read about compounding pharmacies applies to 503A pharmacies. Empower Pharmacy, which Defy uses, is a 503B compounding pharmacy and is directly regulated by the FDA.

I too use Empower and have nothing but good experiences with them.

BigBamBoo

I have used three types of T cyp. Out of the three brands, EmPower causes me the most sides.
My favorite by far is Westward. Followed by Pfizer.

Everyone is different. EmPower’s cream T brought on some really bad sides...there is another gent on here who reported the same thing.

Again....everyone is different.

DahlinS

Unless you’re moving to FL, you will have to use a compounding pharmacy with Defy. You didn’t mention which medications you use but most offerings from these pharmacies are compounded. Note however that you can purchase brand name T Cyp from these pharmacies, albeit at a significant mark up from what you’d pay for the compounded version or the exact same product at your local pharmacy.

I have ZERO concerns about using any compounded products from Empower. Top notch QC and products. It’s not like they’re some ma and pa pharmacy - FDA regulated with all modern facilities etc. They’re the real deal. Some guys claim their HCG isn’t as effective, but for T Cyp, it’s a great product which some guys even seek out due to it being made with grapeseed oil.
Would I be able to get Pregnyl through them?

BigBamBoo

Maybe when a product is more effective you get more sides.

I feel EmPower T is the least effective. I can use about 10mg less of the WestWard T per dose to get the same lab numbers vs the EmPower.

My mom died from Parkinson’s. When she used compounded meds her uncontrollable movements were very bad.
On name brand meds they would go away.

Her neurologist said that was just a coincidence but those who were around her daily could tell the difference.

Just relating my personal experience.

S1W

I have used three types of T cyp. Out of the three brands, EmPower causes me the most sides.
My favorite by far is Westward. Followed by Pfizer.

Could you please provide some details/examples here? Like what dosages used and sides you noticed with one and not the other?

Thanks!

sh1973

Not going to bash any site sponsors but I briefly tried compounded cypionate and had to use 20% more to achieve the same levels as Pfizer or Westward. I agree with big bamboo that Westward is superior to all of them. I had the same Experience with HCG.

DahlinS

No, I don't believe you can.
OK, in about 6 weeks I’ll have objective data comparing Empower vs Pregnyl HCG. 1500IU EOD of Empower’s HCG only brought my TT levels up to 356 ng/dl from about 280 ng/dl. If Pregnyl yields similar results, I’ll feel a bit better about using compounded medications.

DahlinS

Not going to bash any site sponsors but I briefly tried compounded cypionate and had to use 20% more to achieve the same levels as Pfizer or Westward. I agree with big bamboo that Westward is superior to all of them. I had the same Experience with HCG.
Compounding Pharmacies sponsor this site? Empower? And what brand of HCG do you use now?

trt reznor

How much is Westward? I have insurance, not sure if it’ll cover the name brand Test, but I would be willing to come out of pocket some

OK, in about 6 weeks I’ll have objective data comparing Empower vs Pregnyl HCG. 1500IU EOD of Empower’s HCG only brought my TT levels up to 356 ng/dl from about 280 ng/dl. If Pregnyl yields similar results, I’ll feel a bit better about using compounded medications.
If you can maintain strict control over the mutitude of variables than can be introduced I think that we would all like to see the results. The problem though is that MOST guys cannot maintain the discipline in order to compare things side-by-side. Same tests, same lab doing the testing, same time of day for injections and blood draws, and so forth.

DahlinS

If you can maintain strict control over the mutitude of variables than can be introduced I think that we would all like to see the results. The problem though is that MOST guys cannot maintain the discipline in order to compare things side-by-side. Same tests, same lab doing the testing, same time of day for injections and blood draws, and so forth.
I realize that perfect control is nearly impossible, but if I’m using the same dosage/frequency, lab and have blood drawn at the same point in my injection cycle, similar values should be obtained. If my TT comes back at say 900ng/dl using Pregnyl, i’m going to attribute the majority of that difference to the product.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me