Daily supplements

Buy Lab Tests Online

PeacefulWarrior

Hey guys just have another question. What supplements do you guys take?

Im currently taking:
  • Multi-vitaims with Iron
  • Cod Liver Oil Tablets
  • Flaxseed Oil
  • Glucosamine Tablets, Chondroitin & MSM
These are on top of a balanced diet, what else would you recommend or suggest i should take?

I've excluded creatine, prohormones & Whey Protein as im not looking for advice on this.

Thanks in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

I probably take over 50 supplements (I don’t use multi-vitamins but take the individual components so that I can control the dose and form) but I would say the primary ones to consider (do your own research) are:

• Glycine
  • 1 gram Vitamin C and garlic (and Liposomal vitamin C if I feel an illness coming on)
  • Magnesium
  • Vitamin D
  • Vitamin K2
  • Salt
  • Brief full-body mid-day sunshine
  • NAC
  • Chasteberry (for prolactin control)
  • CBD oil
  • DMSO
I take lots of others intermittently, but those are the ones that jump to mind that are unlikely to be in almost any diet in sufficient amounts. I eat fairly paleo, otherwise lots of others would be required.

Vince

Super Moderator
Vitamin B12 2500 mcg
Sam-e 400 mg
NAC 1200 mcg
Probiotic
Niacin (Endur-Acin) 1500 mg

N.O. stack- L-Citrulline 1tsp L-Norvaline 1/2tsp Beta Alanine-1/2tsp
Magnesium Malate 425 mg x 2
Vitamin C 1000 mg x 2
L-Lysine 1000 mg x 2
EPA + DHA 2400 mg x 2
Fermented Cod Liver Oil
Zinc 15 mg + Copper 1 mg x 2
DHEA 25 mg
Iodine 325 mcg
CoQ10 800 mg
Boron 3 mg x 2
Vitamin D3 6000 IU
Methyl Folate 400 mcg x 2
Vitamin K-Complex
Astaxanthin 4 mg x 2
Aged Garlic 1000 mg

TweakJam

No need to mix fish oil with flax oil IMO, the cod liver oil should give you the Omega 3 and 6's you need.
My only other addition would be creatine, preferably the CEE variety.

Vince

Super Moderator
No need to mix fish oil with flax oil IMO, the cod liver oil should give you the Omega 3 and 6's you need.
One thing I stop supplementing with is creatine because it always brings my creatinine levels out of range.

M

MarkM

Hey guys just have another question. What supplements do you guys take?

Im currently taking:
  • Multi-vitaims with Iron
  • Cod Liver Oil Tablets
  • Flaxseed Oil
  • Glucosamine Tablets, Chondroitin & MSM
These are on top of a balanced diet, what else would you recommend or suggest i should take?

I've excluded creatine, prohormones & Whey Protein as im not looking for advice on this.

Thanks in advance.

I used to take flaxseed oil daily but stopped sometime back. If I recall properly, I thought it had estrogenic properties.

Mjusse

flax seed oil ur finde is for the vegies 2 take omega fishoils is a far healthy and more rich in omega 3 than flax seed oil my chiropractor told me this one

PeacefulWarrior

i'm taking the flax seed oil to help aid with blood pressure do u get the same properties from fish oil as flax seed?
i've also heard it has many other benefits.

Doctein

flax seed oil ur finde is for the vegies 2 take omega fishoils is a far healthy and more rich in omega 3 than flax seed oil my chiropractor told me this one
Mjusse, your chiropractor is talking crap.

Flax seed oil provides the Omega-3 Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) - the body then produces EPA/DHA from this (as found in cod liver oil) - hence Flax is less refined, and provides the base fuel for this conversion.

Additionally it provides Omega-6 (Linoleic Acid), which in turn is converted to GLA.

In summary flax is far superior to cod liver oil.

iceman1212

Flax seed oil provides the Omega-3 Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) - the body then produces EPA/DHA from this (as found in cod liver oil) - hence Flax is less refined, and provides the base fuel for this conversion.

Additionally it provides Omega-6 (Linoleic Acid), which in turn is converted to GLA.

I'm not sure this is correct.

According to National Institute of Health: "Your body can convert some ALA into EPA and then to DHA, but only in very small amounts. Therefore, getting EPA and DHA from foods (and dietary supplements if you take them) is the only practical way to increase levels of these omega-3 fatty acids in your body." (source).

Guided_by_Voices

Peaceful Warrior,

There are two primary reasons I take a lot of supps. The first is that I don't take a multi-vitamin because in many cases I understand that the dosages, forms , and combinations are often wrong in a multi, so that accounts for a lot. There are also just a lot of things that seem to have some benefit (e.g. tumeric and other plant compounds) so I try to take some of whatever seems to have decent evidence of benefit with no likelihood of harm.

Regarding Omega 3s, those commenting should note that Omega 6s apparently compete with Omega 3s for access to the cell, so just reducing Omega 6s is a good way to increase Omega 3s, and more importantly, supps likely won't offset and excessive Omega 6 intake

Vince

Super Moderator
The reason that flaxseeds are on the hit-list for raising testosterone is because they are rich in lignans, which tend to mimic estrogen in the body. Since estrogen is the opposing sex hormone to testosterone, the more of it you have (particularly if you are a man), the more low testosterone-like symptoms you’ll have.

Why Men Should Avoid Fish Oil Supplements

Blackhawk

Apparently, it is not that straightforward. If you can provide other documentation for your statement, I'd love to see it.

Human conversion of ALA to DHA and EPA is variable from moderate to poor, influenced by gender, and some people lack the enzymes for conversion to a degree that taking ALA does them little to no good.

DHA/EPA Omega-3 Institute - Conversion Efficiency of ALA to DHA in Humans
Plant based sources of vegan & Vegetarian DHA & EPA and Omega 3 essential fatty acids
Omega-3: conversion of ALA into EPA and DHA - Living in Natural Harmony

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching