Cytomel (liothyronine) shuts you down?

Buy Lab Tests Online

TorontoTRT

Guys, does cytomel shut down your natural production of t3 in the body?
I just started taking 10 mcg daily to lower a high RT3 and incrrease a low normal t3.
Just saw a video stating that minimum dose should be 25 mcg daily as this is what the body produces naturally? They said it was like injecting testosterone and needing a dose high enough to compensate suppression of natural production.
How accurate is this?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

Guys, does cytomel shut down your natural production of t3 in the body?
I just started taking 10 mcg daily to lower a high RT3 and incrrease a low normal t3.
Just saw a video stating that minimum dose should be 25 mcg daily as this is what the body produces naturally? They said it was like injecting testosterone and needing a dose high enough to compensate suppression of natural production.
How accurate is this?

Not sure about Cytomel, but I just did an experiment with an extremely low dose of NDT to test out this theory, and so far it’s not the case. My free T3 at baseline was around 3.3, and on the 1/4 grain of NDT it was 3.9. So it basically just added to my natural production.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
In the same situation I had a drop in natural production that matched the exogenous hormone. In other words, on 10 mcg liothyronine my T3 didn't move, and TSH and T4 were somewhat reduced. Fortunately the treatment had the desired effect of cutting reverse T3 in half, which seems to have alleviated fatigue symptoms.

captain

Taking T3 reduces T4 production. Less T4 will lower RT3 as RT3 is made from T4. If your goal is to lower RT3 you don't want to be taking any T4.

Mikeyp6679

Im sure the threshold for supression vs. replacement will vary to each individual. you will have to titrate up slowly until you get the optimal t3 and rt3. I have been titrating since 5cg, currently at 60mcg and rt3 dropped from 23 to 10, but the ft3 is still on the low end at 2.3...so i will keep titrating up until optimal.

JimGainz

Taking T3 reduces T4 production. Less T4 will lower RT3 as RT3 is made from T4. If your goal is to lower RT3 you don't want to be taking any T4.
Exactly my experience. Been on 10 mcgs for a year. Took a long time to cut RT3. My body still makes T4 and T3 has been consistently mid- high normal. 10 mcgs taken at once was way too much - so I split the dose. It’s powerful stuff.

TorontoTRT

Good to hear that 10 mcg is actually enough. I take it all at once. Felt weird for the first 2 days now it feels good. It must be doing something cause I'm having bowel movements once or twice a day now. This is coming from a lifetime once a week bowel movement guy.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me