cyponate vs enanthate?

Buy Lab Tests Online

bassindaddy

My Dr. changed me from androgel to an injectable which I explained in a previous thread. When she first ordered the meds she ordered 100mg of cyponate 0.5 bi-weekly. My insurance wouldn't cover cyponate so she ordered ethonate 200mg - 1ml bi-weekly. Is there a significant difference in the 2 meds and also is there a significant difference in the doses?:confused: I think I may know the answers (opinions) but I'm looking for a professionals answer(facts).

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

bruin

Mt Dr changed me from Anrdogel to weekly Cyp 100mg, will be interesting to see the responses you receive.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Doses of 75-200 mg per week of testosterone cypionate are the standard. Anything below this range will not bring most men over 500 ng/dL of total testosterone.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
200mg of test eth. every 2 weeks

Your Doctor does not understand the half life of the drug.

Generally speaking after your injection your testosterone blood serum levels will peak at about 72 hours with a half-life of about 6 days...do the math where you will be in 14 days!

What this means to you is that instead of having good consistent serum levels week over week your serum levels will peak and then crash before your next injeciton.

This is like seating you on a hormonal roller coaster and is not good for you whatsoever not discounting the fact that it probably increase E2 levels as a result.

You need to be injecting at least once a week or ideally twice a week in smaller doses.

Explain this to your Doctor and change your injection protocol.

bassindaddy

Your Doctor does not understand the half life of the drug.

Generally speaking after your injection your testosterone blood serum levels will peak at about 72 hours with a half-life of about 6 days...do the math where you will be in 14 days!

What this means to you is that instead of having good consistent serum levels week over week your serum levels will peak and then crash before your next injeciton.

This is like seating you on a hormonal roller coaster and is not good for you whatsoever not discounting the fact that it probably increase E2 levels as a result.

You need to be injecting at least once a week or ideally twice a week in smaller doses.

Explain this to your Doctor and change your injection protocol.

This is something I will definitly discuss with my dr. I do alot of reading and everything I read seems to be saying the opposite. Maybe I'm not understanding it right.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
This is something I will definitly discuss with my dr. I do alot of reading and everything I read seems to be saying the opposite. Maybe I'm not understanding it right.

Show me what you are reading that says once every two week injections of Testosterone is the appropriate injection protocol.

Below is taken directly from Dr. Crisler's paper TRT: A Recipe for Success.

"The IM test cyp must be administered in weekly injections, as opposed to taking twice the dosage every other week. Some physicians even dose every third or fourth week, producing wide swings in serum androgen levels. Where else in medicine do physicians dose medications completely void of consideration for the pharmacokinetics of same? This puts the patient on an emotional roller coaster, increases the risk of developing polycythemia, greatly accentuates aromatase activity (and therefore unnecessarily elevated E production requiring expensive aromatase inhibition), and actually leaves them lower than they were when they started for the last half of the injection “cycle”.

bassindaddy

I'm not trying to say you are wrong . The following is an example of what i see in almost everything I read and that is why I'm a bit confused. Maybe I'm misunderstanding it. This is copied from one thing I read:
Testosterone enanthate is an oil based injectable steroid, designed to release testosterone slowly from the injection site (depot). Once administered, serum concentrations of this hormone will rise for several days, and remain markedly elevated for approximately two weeks. It may actually take three weeks for the action of this drug to fully diminish.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I'm not trying to say you are wrong . The following is an example of what i see in almost everything I read and that is why I'm a bit confused. Maybe I'm misunderstanding it. This is copied from one thing I read:
Testosterone enanthate is an oil based injectable steroid, designed to release testosterone slowly from the injection site (depot). Once administered, serum concentrations of this hormone will rise for several days, and remain markedly elevated for approximately two weeks. It may actually take three weeks for the action of this drug to fully diminish.

What you read is correct, but in the wrong context for our purposes.

We need consistent and stable serum levels of Testosterone and given the drugs half life of about 6 days that means once weekly injections or even better twice weekly.

In two weeks after the injection your serum levels will still be somewhat elevated from baseline but not much.

Weekly injections is the only correct injection protocol for Testosterone supplementation and that is simply a fact.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
So should I do 100mg weekly instead of 200mg every 2 week? Would that help?

Yes, and without question.

Stable serum levels are our primary goal and with a 6 day half life of injectable testosterone esters that will not be achieved with once every two week injections.

Re-read the exert from Dr. Crisler's paper that I posted here.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me