Cypionate to Sustanon Recommendations

Buy Lab Tests Online

cman245

I tried Sustanon in the past on the promise that it would last a month and I found that it didn't last more than the one week I was getting with cypionate. I just recently found out that I can purchase Sustanon 300 for the same price that I am paying for Cypionate 250. Currently I am injecting 1ml of cypionate every 7 days. Yes, I do have a dip after 4 or 5 days but the once a week schedule just works out for me. I hate injections, so once a week is enough. After 4 days my T is generally in the low 800 range. Does anyone have experience with using Sustanon weekly? I'm wondering if staying at 1ml and going to 300 mg/ml will put me over the top or maybe I should reduce the dose. So far TRT isn't a huge life changer for me as far as energy or sex drive go so maybe higher wouldn't be a bad thing. Should I notice a difference between Sustanon and Cypionate on a weekly schedule? Any ideas or advice highly welcomed. Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I tried Sustanon in the past on the promise that it would last a month and I found that it didn't last more than the one week I was getting with cypionate. I just recently found out that I can purchase Sustanon 300 for the same price that I am paying for Cypionate 250. Currently I am injecting 1ml of cypionate every 7 days. Yes, I do have a dip after 4 or 5 days but the once a week schedule just works out for me. I hate injections, so once a week is enough. After 4 days my T is generally in the low 800 range. Does anyone have experience with using Sustanon weekly? I'm wondering if staying at 1ml and going to 300 mg/ml will put me over the top or maybe I should reduce the dose. So far TRT isn't a huge life changer for me as far as energy or sex drive go so maybe higher wouldn't be a bad thing. Should I notice a difference between Sustanon and Cypionate on a weekly schedule? Any ideas or advice highly welcomed. Thanks.

Currently I am injecting 1ml of cypionate every 7 days. Yes, I do have a dip after 4 or 5 days but the once a week schedule just works out for me. I hate injections, so once a week is enough. After 4 days my T is generally in the low 800 range.

You are injecting once weekly and blood work should be done at the true trough (7 days post-injection) as we want to see where your levels sit at the lowest point before your next injection to make sure levels are not too low or too high.

The goal is to maintain healthy T levels throughout the week in order to provide relief/improvement of low-t symptoms while at the same time keeping blood markers healthy and preventing/minimizing any potential side-effects long-term.

Although some men may do well injecting larger doses of T once weekly the downfall is that there will be a big difference in the peak--->trough as T levels are absurdly high post-injection (8-12 hr/during the first few days) only to be followed by much lower levels come weeks end let alone blood levels will not be as stable throughout the week which can have a negative impact (roller-coaster effect) on one's energy/mood/libido/erections.

You are on a whopping dose of 250mg T/week which would surely have one's TT, FT and estradiol levels through the roof.

Most men on trt are injecting 100-200 mg T/week.

Even then most men can easily achieve a high let alone absurdly high FT on 100-150mg T/week when split into twice-weekly (every 3.5 days), M/W/F, EOD let alone daily injections.

Post labs?

You are missing critical blood markers such as FT, estradiol, SHBG let alone RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit?

You only posted your TT 800-900 ng/dL (4 or 5 days post-injection).

Big mistake getting caught up on just TT as although important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

Top it all of that SHBG is critical to know as it will have a significant impact on TT/FT let alone can dictate what injection frequency may suit you best.

You are hitting a TT 800-900 ng/dL 4-5 days post-injection which would most likely have your FT mid--->high-end depending on where your SHBG sits.

Keep in mind peak levels 8-12 hr post-injection/during the first few days will be much higher.

I understand you hate injecting but it would be wise to know where your SHBG truly sits as it can make or break a protocol.

Seeing as you are injecting a whopping dose of 250 mg T/week there is a good chance that you have driven down your SHBG.

Men with low/lowish SHBG tend to do better injecting lower doses of T more frequently (EOD or daily).

Comes down to the individual and what is best for you.

Does anyone have experience with using Sustanon weekly? I'm wondering if staying at 1ml and going to 300 mg/ml will put me over the top or maybe I should reduce the dose. So far TRT isn't a huge life changer for me as far as energy or sex drive go so maybe higher wouldn't be a bad thing. Should I notice a difference between Sustanon and Cypionate on a weekly schedule?

Looking over your previous threads from 2019 you seem to be caught up on that more T is better mentality!

You need a more thorough set of labs (FT, estradiol, SHBG, CBC) before manipulating your protocol (dose of T/injection frequency) let alone highly doubtful any man on trt would need to be banging 300 mg T/week to hit a healthy, high let alone absurdly high trough FT.

Far and few men on trt would need 200+ mg T/week.

Sustanon has a longer half-life due to the decanoate ester but even then one would still want to inject at least once weekly and many may choose to inject more frequently.

Injecting more frequently clips the peak--->trough and results in more stable blood levels throughout the week.

Sustanon will drive up your peak levels further due to the propionate ester.

Again you need more thorough labs let alone need to know where your SHBG level sits before fretting over cypionate vs Sustanon.

Systemlord

I hate injections, so once a week is enough.
You should be using 27-29 gauge insulin syringes.
Does anyone have experience with using Sustanon weekly?
The response to different esters is going to be a unique experience.

So far TRT isn't a huge life changer for me as far as energy or sex drive go so maybe higher wouldn't be a bad thing.
This may be an injection frequency/dosing issue, weekly dosing is not going to be optimal for everyone and by not wanting to inject more frequently, this may be why TRT hasn't been a game changer for you.

A lot of men get caught it in more is better, the thinking is if a little T makes me feel good, more is better, but this thinking is flawed. If not enough makes you feel bad, then it stands to reason excess may also produce a similar outcome.

Last edited:

cman245

I appreciate the responses. I don't realize that I had the more is better attitude, maybe I miscommunicated my thoughts. I also understand that weekly is not necessarily optimal for the best results. When I was still in the US the doctor prescribed 200mg weekly because 100mg weekly was not bringing up my levels high enough. So I feel fairly confident that 200mg would be the bottom. I can always cut back the dosage from 1ml to a smaller amount based on the strength of the testosterone but I didn't when going from 200mg to 250mg.

I can check more into what labs are available locally but I am not in the US now and lab tests are hard to come by and limited here. For example there is no sensitive test for Estrogen available here. There are no doctors here that treat low T except for a couple of extremely high end doctors and the only thing they will give is Nebido in the office. They used to use Sustanon as well but have stopped. Even getting testosterone to inject here is either gray or black market depending on how you look at it. I know price shouldn't be a large motivator but it is a fact of life. The difference means I either treat myself or do without. The price is that significant.

I am trying to do the best I can with what is available and what I can afford. I expect that my treatment may never be as good as it would be if I was in a different location but I want to at least try. Thanks to everyone for their responses.

madman

Super Moderator
I appreciate the responses. I don't realize that I had the more is better attitude, maybe I miscommunicated my thoughts. I also understand that weekly is not necessarily optimal for the best results. When I was still in the US the doctor prescribed 200mg weekly because 100mg weekly was not bringing up my levels high enough. So I feel fairly confident that 200mg would be the bottom. I can always cut back the dosage from 1ml to a smaller amount based on the strength of the testosterone but I didn't when going from 200mg to 250mg.

I can check more into what labs are available locally but I am not in the US now and lab tests are hard to come by and limited here. For example there is no sensitive test for Estrogen available here. There are no doctors here that treat low T except for a couple of extremely high end doctors and the only thing they will give is Nebido in the office. They used to use Sustanon as well but have stopped. Even getting testosterone to inject here is either gray or black market depending on how you look at it. I know price shouldn't be a large motivator but it is a fact of life. The difference means I either treat myself or do without. The price is that significant.

I am trying to do the best I can with what is available and what I can afford. I expect that my treatment may never be as good as it would be if I was in a different location but I want to at least try. Thanks to everyone for their responses.

I also understand that weekly is not necessarily optimal for the best results. When I was still in the US the doctor prescribed 200mg weekly because 100mg weekly was not bringing up my levels high enough. So I feel fairly confident that 200mg would be the bottom.

Again would need a thorough set of labs TT, FT, estradiol, SHBG to see where your trough levels truly sat.

Big difference in jacking one up from 100 mg/week--->200 mg/week.

Most would never make such a drastic jump.

Increasing T dose by 20-30 mg will have a big impact on driving up levels further.

Even then you seem to be so dead set on TT and as I stated although important to know FT is what truly matters.

Have no clue where your SHBG sat pre-trt but there is a good chance that it was driven down from the large dose of T 200 mg/week let alone a whopping 250 mg T/week.

Men with lowish/low SHBG can get away with running a lower TT while still achieving a healthy/high FT.

You are flying blind here as you have no clue where your trough FT let alone SHBG truly sits on such protocol.

For all, we know you may have lowish/low SHBG yet you are struggling on a once-weekly protocol injecting a whopping dose of 250 mg T.

You are definitely in a shitty situation but you should not be self-treating if you are not getting a thorough set of labs done at least every 6 months let alone anytime you tweak your protocol (dose of T/injection frequency).

Blood work is critical.

You need to know where your trough TT, FT, SHBG, and estradiol levels sit let alone other important blood markers such as RBC's, hemoglobin, hematocrit.

Top it off that unless you have a trusted source then you are taking a chance relying on UGL gear as there is always the chance that it can be underdosed/overdosed, different compounds, unsterile, or completely bunk.

JohnTaylorHK

I have always believed that injections should follow the half-life of whatever you are using. The other variable is the amount. This may depend on your test results. Personally I use the amount that makes me feel good and perform well. This takes months of experimentation. Start low. Inject at the half-life for 3 months. If, after that time, you are not where you feel you should be, then adjust SLOWLY upwards.i wish you luck.

cman245

Top it off that unless you have a trusted source then you are taking a chance relying on UGL gear as there is always the chance that it can be underdosed/overdosed, different compounds, unsterile, or completely bunk.
It almost sounds like you think I would be better off doing nothing. I know without doing anything my T is around 180. I wish I had access to my old records to give you a better idea about my total blood work up. I wish I had access to a quality lab. I wish I had access to a decent doctor and trusted medication but it is what it is.

madman

Super Moderator
It almost sounds like you think I would be better off doing nothing. I know without doing anything my T is around 180. I wish I had access to my old records to give you a better idea about my total blood work up. I wish I had access to a quality lab. I wish I had access to a decent doctor and trusted medication but it is what it is.

That was then and what matters is now.

As I stated you are in a shitty situation.

You are self-treating and have no clue where your hormones let alone other important blood markers sit.

You are on a piss poor protocol using a dose of T 250 mg that most men would never even need to achieve a healthy let alone very high FT.

Yet you are asking I'm wondering if staying at 1ml and going to 300 mg/ml will put me over the top or maybe I should reduce the dose. So far TRT isn't a huge life changer for me as far as energy or sex drive go so maybe higher wouldn't be a bad thing.

DS3

I have always believed that injections should follow the half-life of whatever you are using. The other variable is the amount. This may depend on your test results. Personally I use the amount that makes me feel good and perform well. This takes months of experimentation. Start low. Inject at the half-life for 3 months. If, after that time, you are not where you feel you should be, then adjust SLOWLY upwards.i wish you luck.
Interesting. Do you mind me asking why this is your belief? And, has this method worked better for you than other administration frequencies?

DS3

You could simply keep the Sustanon injections at 0.75 cc per injection to keep the total closer to your Cypionate dosage. Once per week dosing has been demonized here so I wouldn’t suspect much support in regard to you injection frequency. However, I would tell you that weekly does work for some, my father included (we are both on TRT).

Given that you hate needles, I would simply say keep your injection frequency the same and inject 0.75 cc of the Sustanon 300.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me