CYP3A interactions with TRT Meds

Buy Lab Tests Online

Blackhawk

I sent @Dr Justin Saya MD (my doc) a message, but not sure how soon he'll be able to respond.

I am being put on a cancer med that interacts/has interaction warnings with CYP3A4 and CYP3A5. I have searched around the web and found precious few references for any contraindications or interactions with the TRT drugs I take. Have found no evidence whatsoever for discontinuing or adjusting doses.

Does anyone know of any other info, have references regarding CYP3A and:
-Testosterone cypionate

-HCG
-DHEA
-Pregnenelone
-Anastrozole

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I sent @Dr Justin Saya MD (my doc) a message, but not sure how soon he'll be able to respond.

I am being put on a cancer med that interacts/has interaction warnings with CYP3A4 and CYP3A5. I have searched around the web and found precious few references for any contraindications or interactions with the TRT drugs I take. Have found no evidence whatsoever for discontinuing or adjusting doses.

Does anyone know of any other info, have references regarding CYP3A and:
-Testosterone cypionate

-HCG
-DHEA
-Pregnenelone
-Anastrozole

Didn’t get the message just yet, but came across your post. Your new medication is an inducer or inhibitor of CYP450 3A4? T cyp and anastrozole are metabolized (hydroxylated for anastrozole) by CYP450 3A4.

Blackhawk

Thanks Dr Saya, LOL! I wish the message had reached you directly, but glad to know it hasn't, I wouldn;t have known otherwise. Message sent to your email this morning, perhaps blocked on your end due to attachment or included link? Should I re-send?

I believe the doctor said Venetoclax in an inducer, but this document says substrate, Page 5 http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/drug-database-site/Drug Index/Venetoclax_monograph.pdf

There are some contraindications for inhibitors, and strong inducers. I think that the metabolic clearance of T and anastrozole are not at issue unless they are inhibitors or strong inducers. Sounds like you are concerned with how the Venetoclax affect the hormone drugs and the onc is concerned with the effect of the hormone drugs on the venetoclax! I reckon both are on the table!

https://www.rxabbvie.com/pdf/venclexta.pdf
Dosage modifications for CYP3A: section 2.4 PDF page 9
Contraindications CYP3A: Section 4 PDF page 11
CYP3A inhibitors and tumor Lysis: Section 5.1 paragraph 5 PDF page 11
Drug interactions: Section 7.1 PDF page 26
Metabolism: PDF page 31
Other in vitro study info: PDF page 32

EDIT: Also: Quantitative Prediction of the Effect of CYP3A Inhibitors and Inducers on Venetoclax Pharmacokinetics Using a Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Model: Journal of Clinical Pharmacology | Request PDF

Last edited:
Thanks Dr Saya, LOL! I wish the message had reached you directly, but glad to know it hasn't, I wouldn;t have known otherwise. Message sent to your email this morning, perhaps blocked on your end due to attachment or included link? Should I re-send?

I believe the doctor said Venetoclax in an inducer, but this document says substrate, Page 5 http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/drug-database-site/Drug Index/Venetoclax_monograph.pdf

There are some contraindications for inhibitors, and strong inducers. I think that the metabolic clearance of T and anastrozole are not at issue unless they are inhibitors or strong inducers. Sounds like you are concerned with how the Venetoclax affect the hormone drugs and the onc is concerned with the effect of the hormone drugs on the venetoclax! I reckon both are on the table!

https://www.rxabbvie.com/pdf/venclexta.pdf
Dosage modifications for CYP3A: section 2.4 PDF page 9
Contraindications CYP3A: Section 4 PDF page 11
CYP3A inhibitors and tumor Lysis: Section 5.1 paragraph 5 PDF page 11
Drug interactions: Section 7.1 PDF page 26
Metabolism: PDF page 31
Other in vitro study info: PDF page 32

EDIT: Also: Quantitative Prediction of the Effect of CYP3A Inhibitors and Inducers on Venetoclax Pharmacokinetics Using a Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Model: Journal of Clinical Pharmacology | Request PDF

Checked junk folder and sure enough your email from earlier today was there...something must have triggered the filter.

Nonetheless, I wouldn’t worry. Your medication and some components of HRT are CYP 3A4 substrates, but not significant inhibitors or inducers. You shouldn’t have any issues.

Blackhawk

Checked junk folder and sure enough your email from earlier today was there...something must have triggered the filter.

Nonetheless, I wouldn’t worry. Your medication and some components of HRT are CYP 3A4 substrates, but not significant inhibitors or inducers. You shouldn’t have any issues.

Thank you sir! I'll pass this onto my oncologist.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me