Cryotherapy: Miracles For Your Health

Buy Lab Tests Online
M

MarkM

Can Cryotherapy helps reduce high hemoglobin and hematocrit?

Has anyone on the forum been through a Cryotherapy session?

My wife and I recently experienced Cryotherapy for the first time. It was quite an experience and I will let you read the information below at it will explain it better than I could.

One surprising benefit I found afterwards is that I saw a fairly dramatic decrease in my hemoglobin and hematocrit. Two days prior to having the Cryotherapy session my Hemoglobin registered 17.2 and my hematocrit was 51.0%. The day following the Cryotherapy session my hemoglobin registered 16.2 and my hematocrit was 48.0%. It had a similar affect on my wife. Her hemoglobin dropped from 15.3 to 13.8 and her hematocrit dropped from 45.0% to 41.0%.

I have been donating blood for many years to try and keep my hemoglobin and hematocrit in safe ranges and have always had to worry about iron and ferritin levels getting to low. Unlike some, I have never been able to get my H&H to normalize after a period of time on TRT.

Could this be an answer for many on TRT in helping manage their H&H? I don't know the answer but I know the positive impact it had in lowering my H&H back within a healthy range.

Whole Body Cryotherapy is when your body is submerged in sub-zero temperatures (up to -250º degrees F) that stimulate skin sensors, activating a deep central nervous system (CNS) response. This lowers your skin surface temperature to approximately 32 degrees F in 30 seconds. The temperature remains constant throughout the entire session which lasts up to 180 seconds.Can just three minutes change your life?

Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC) originated in Japan in 1978 when Dr. Yamaguchi started using freezing treatments of short duration on his patients with excellent results in pain and inflammation. The term “cryotherapy” comes from the Greek cryo (κρύο) meaning cold, and therapy (θεραπεία) meaning cure. Hippocrates prescribed the use of ice and snow to treat inflammation and pain. Today, cryotherapy is used to treat pain, inflammation, sports injury, exercise-induced injury, recovery, delayed onset muscle soreness, mental and psychological health, and weak immune systems.

Cold Temperatures Improve Immunity
When we think of cold temperatures in nature, we assume that cold temperatures cause colds and illness. When temperatures hit 50 degrees F, your blood vessels narrow and reduce blood flow near the body’s surface. However, shivering caused by the cold weather or oscillatory muscular activity happens when your core body temperature drops about one degree below its normal temperature around 98.6 degrees F. When left too long in this condition, our body becomes more vulnerable to colds, and our immune system significantly weakens.

https://www.energytherapy.biz/2017/07/18/cryotherapy-miracles-for-your-health/

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sean Mosher

I've done it several times, most recently here in Houston at the American Fitness Expo (they had a free session in their demo booth).
Can't speak to the hematocrit part but it definitely reduces inflammation.
The last minute or so (3 minute session) is a little rough but worth it!

M

MarkM

Yes, that last minute was pretty rough but when you get out you feel refreshed. The reason why I tried it was for inflammation. I was hoping it would possibly help the tendinitis in my elbow and plantar fasciitis, which it has made feel better. The reduced hematocrit was just something I noticed only because I had just checked my levels before the therapy and then again afterwards. I can not attribute the improved hematocrit to anything else.

M

MarkM

In researching this matter further, it seems that cryotherapy does have a lowering affect on hemoglobin, hematocrit and RBC. A study showed that all three (Hb, Hct, and RBC) remained at lower levels through 20 cryotherapy sessions. After 30 sessions, the bone marrow reacted by releasing new RBC, but this did not happen until after the 30th cryotherapy session. In another study, serum iron and ferritin remained unchanged.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5411446/
In summary, the following reports have been made about the WBC (Whole Body Cryotherapy) treatment:

• - WBC is a medical practice that must be performed in specialized facilities under supervision of a well-trained personnel.
  • - WBC has contraindications that must be considered before prescription.
  • - Cooling efficiency and, possibly, treatment effectiveness can be influenced by body composition.
  • - Due to differences in body composition, cooling efficiency is potentially greater in females than in males.
  • - WBC effectiveness in lowering T[SUB]sk[/SUB] exceeds that of CWI; muscle and core temperatures seem to decrease in a similar way in response to both treatments.
  • - The maximum decrease in core temperature has been noted 50–60 min post-WBC.

hematocrit is the amount of red blood cells in your blood. They are a physical thing that is being counted. Where do they go when you take this polar plunge?
Sorry the aerospace engineer in me just can't wrap his head around this one.

M

MarkM

FeelingLost, that is a good question and for those with more intelligence than I. However, I read one study, which I cannot locate now, that cryotherapy can reduce/shorten the normal 120 day life span of certain red blood cells.

M

MarkM

hematocrit is the amount of red blood cells in your blood. They are a physical thing that is being counted. Where do they go when you take this polar plunge?
Sorry the aerospace engineer in me just can't wrap his head around this one.

In the study noted below in original post............."Hemolysis may be the cause behind the drop in RBC, Hb, and Ht following the WBC treatment of 10–20 sessions............WBC enhances hemolysis, which could explain the Hb decrease during initial phase of the treatment. A decrease of haptoglobin, scavenger protein for free Hb released from broken RBC was described in the above-mentioned paper by Szygula and co-workers, after 10 and 20 WBC sessions, but a recovery appeared after 30 sessions, following the changes in Hb and RBC."

M

MarkM

Wow, that's great. I wasn't sure what to expect on the first session so there was probably a little bit of anxiety about it but once it was over with I really liked it and will be going back on a regular basis.

Vince

Super Moderator
This Thread is starting to spike my interest. When I get back into town I'm going to look for a clinic that does Cryotherapy and find out what the cost is. I really like to try it.

M

MarkM

Vince, I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and it is offered at numerous locations. The place I went to was Revive Therapy and the cost was very reasonable, much less than I thought it would be, $20. I received an email from them yesterday saying that they now have $10 Tuesday's on their cryotherapy sessions.

M

MarkM

I'm going to wait until mid July for my next blood work and am having numerous labs run to include an iron panel. I am going to have a cryotherapy session prior to those labs to see if my iron and ferritin is affected. The study attached at the front of this thread says iron and ferritin remained unchanged and I hope that is the case. But we all know how everyone can react differently. The study also discusses reductions in Hb, HCT, and RBC. I believe it because I have already seen that for myself. I have been using a home monitoring device, which I have found to be extremely accurate when comparing to my Hb and HCT to actual labs done on the same day. Using the home monitoring device my HCT dropped from 51 to 48 after the cryotherapy session. So when I do the cryotherapy session the day before my next set up labs I will check my Hb and HCT before and after the cryotherapy and compare it to the actual lab results. What I am hoping is that my Hb and HCT are truly lowered by the cryotherapy session and that the iron and ferritin levels are not lowered and that they remain the same. If that happens......and I say again, IF........that will be a good thing. However, everyone is different and cryotherapy might now work for you or someone else. Best way for you to determine if it works for you is to give it a try. It is relatively inexpensive.

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince, I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and it is offered at numerous locations. The place I went to was Revive Therapy and the cost was very reasonable, much less than I thought it would be, $20. I received an email from them yesterday saying that they now have $10 Tuesday's on their cryotherapy sessions.

That's it, awesome price. At that price it's definitely worth trying, sign me up.

Vince

Super Moderator
My wife and I tried Cryotherapy today at Cryofit. My wife didn't like it, it was to cold for her. She make it for the full 3 minutes but it just made her too cold. I like it but the cost was $60 total, $30 a piece. The packages are over $40 a session, I think I may try cold showers.

Vince

Super Moderator
Here's how to train yourself to take cold showers

• Turn the water on, set to cold. Some people will tell you to start warm and decrease the temperature slowly each time you shower, then start a little colder each day. ...
  • Feet first. ...
  • Hands second. ...
  • Head under! ...
  • Back last.

[h=2]How To Take A Cold Shower And Why You Should Do It[/b]
blog.iamgary.com/how-to-take-a-cold-shower-and-why-to-do-it/

M

MarkM

My wife and I tried Cryotherapy today at Cryofit. My wife didn't like it, it was to cold for her. She make it for the full 3 minutes but it just made her too cold. I like it but the cost was $60 total, $30 a piece. The packages are over $40 a session, I think I may try cold showers.

My wife did not like it as much as I did either. She is glad she tried it but I don't expect that she will go back as I will It cost my wife and I a total of $40 and I can go on Tuesday's for $10. That's quite a bit of a difference in cost.

buggies100

Mark, not to hijack your thread, which has me looking for a local clinic, but what home monitoring device are you using to check Hct? I have been unable to locate anything

M

MarkM

Mark, not to hijack your thread, which has me looking for a local clinic, but what home monitoring device are you using to check Hct? I have been unable to locate anything
This is the one I use:

Attachments

• Monitor.jpg
    Monitor.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 463

Vince

Super Moderator
My wife did not like it as much as I did either. She is glad she tried it but I don't expect that she will go back as I will It cost my wife and I a total of $40 and I can go on Tuesday's for $10. That's quite a bit of a difference in cost.
If they offer that here I would do it every Tuesday.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me