Creatine

Buy Lab Tests Online
I'm 70yo, been on TRT for 3 months 30mg twice a week IM. Any problem with using creatine. After my last blood work the Dr. at Elevate Men's Clinic told me to stop using creatine, start taking NAC and fish oil. My cholesterol went up slightly and I gained 5 lbs. I lift weights following a Starting Strength type.program, haven't made any real gainz, just just basicly maintaining.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I stopped using creatine because taking creatine increase creatinine levels in blood. It makes my kidney function look impaired. Even though it's not. It also caused some muscle cramps when lifting heavy weights, at least for me.

Rock H. Johnson

Interresting that you would stop using a very well tested supplement with proven anti-aging, cognitive benefits, heal metabolic syndrome and much more, based on how it makes your tests look?
On the benefits of Creatine while aging:

Creatine has other physiological effects that are consistent with healthy aging. Creatine supplementation has been found to lower elevated serum cholesterol and triglyceride levels. One study found a 6% reduction in total cholesterol and a 23% reduction in triglycerides and VLDL cholesterol after eight weeks of creatine supplementation. Combining creatine with exercise appears to be synergistic in lowering cholesterol.

There is tons of these articles and research on this topic.
Creatine has been so well researched and tested over the last 30 years.
The R/R on Creatine is very big, but I can not know your doctors motivation to advice against it, but ignorance on supplements like all allopathic medicine doctors have.

TestOneTwo

It makes my kidney function look impaired. Even though it's not.
Yup freaked me out a couple of times too and even some doctors seem to be unaware of the correlation. Despite its raving disciples, creatine should be taken with some consideration. Also, not everyone is a responder. I still take it but consider ditching it altogether. I feel and that’s probably unfounded, that it might be hard on the kidneys.

Yup freaked me out a couple of times too and even some doctors seem to be unaware of the correlation. Despite its raving disciples, creatine should be taken with some consideration. Also, not everyone is a responder. I still take it but consider ditching it altogether. I feel and that’s probably unfounded, that it might be hard on the kidneys.
I want to correct the test dosage in my original post, it is .3cc twice a week.
I sure have read more good reasons for taking creatine from people with nothing financial to gain from it.
I may just continue with the TRT until January since I prepaid for a years worth of treatment.

mqsymth

Interresting that you would stop using a very well tested supplement with proven anti-aging, cognitive benefits, heal metabolic syndrome and much more, based on how it makes your tests look?

Creatine has other physiological effects that are consistent with healthy aging. Creatine supplementation has been found to lower elevated serum cholesterol and triglyceride levels. One study found a 6% reduction in total cholesterol and a 23% reduction in triglycerides and VLDL cholesterol after eight weeks of creatine supplementation. Combining creatine with exercise appears to be synergistic in lowering cholesterol.

The R/R on Creatine is very big, but I can not know your doctors motivation to advice against it, but ignorance on supplements like all allopathic medicine doctors have.
Never believe or order from anyone who sells the product they are writing about. Too much bias and profit motive.

DS3

Despite the research regarding its benefits, it makes me hold large amounts of water and increases anxiety (in me).

JohnTaylorHK

I tried this many years ago, but I didn't feel any advantage then. Now I am wondering if this will give me any benefit. I am 125lbs almost constantly, and pretty shredded. Any recommendations for dosage if I were to retry it?

Vince

Super Moderator
I tried this many years ago, but I didn't feel any advantage then. Now I am wondering if this will give me any benefit. I am 125lbs almost constantly, and pretty shredded. Any recommendations for dosage if I were to retry it?

Vince

Super Moderator
Based on the scientific evidence, creatine monohydrate is the recommended form. It's backed by the strongest research, with studies demonstrating its effectiveness at increasing your body's stores and improving exercise performance.May 12, 2017
1588950017482.png

Healthline › nutrition › types-of-cre...
Top 6 Types of Creatine Reviewed - Healthline

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching