Crashed e2 thru over dose of anastrozole

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

rugbyhit

I wouldn't go so far to call you an idiot. We all do stupid things at times but that does not qualify us as idiots. If so, I've been an idiot my whole life.

It was a little irresponsible but the key point is to learn from it.
Thanks for the encouragement. If i learned anything, and tell anyone willing to listen; being cavalier with TRT is a big mistake.
I treated by body like a chemistry experiment. And not having a qualified expert guide is a big mistake. With no one to really discuss my condition, I simply panicked and over medicated. If i had an expert working with me, i would have had a voice of reason to listen to.

M

MarkM

Well, now you have a resource to come to for assistance and guidance. This forum has many very knowledgeable members, much more so than I, that can assist you and be more than happy to help.

rugbyhit

so here's my update...which is very confusing.

As I mentioned, during the week of 8/19, I self-medicated with 12 mg anastrozole being that my estradiol was 51.2pg/ml (ref 7.6-42.5) and total test >1500 (ref 348-1197) free test of >50 (7.2-24) and i experienced what i believe was an estradiol crash, which was mostly anxiety and "head in a bubble feeling”. I had blood work done on 8/30, so 6 days after my last anastrozole dose and 300mg test shot. I’ve run 500iu of HCG EOD since.

As a bit of background-I only ran 600mg test per week for 4 weeks. I actually started with 100mg/wk then slowly moved to 140mg/wk, then to 200 to 300 to 400 to 600 over the course of 35 weeks, the majority of the time in the 100 to 200 mg/wk protocol.

So I just go my results back and I’m shocked:

total test >1500 (ref 348-1197)

free test >50 (7.2-24)

estradiol 31 (ref 7.6-42.5)- I’ve been using the wrong E test for a year, but it’s the only scale I know right now. I have partnered with Defy and I’ll be using the correct test going forward

DHEA 264.3 ug/dL (ref 71.6-375.3)

Cortisol 18.4 (ref 6.2-19.4 in the morning fasting). This is high for me. Typically in the 13 to 12 range

Thyroid panel- all the results are almost the same as the last 3 tests since TRT started

TSH 2.36 uIU/mL (ref .45-4.5)

T4 6.2 ug/dL (ref 4.5-12)

T3 uptake 28 % (ref 24-29)

Free thyroxine index 1.7ng/dL (ref 1.2-4.9)

So I’m thrown for a loop with e Estradiol and I’m wondering why my cortisol went up. I’m considering backing off the HCG to 3x week, but I’m not taking ANYTHING until my consult with Defy in a few weeks.

Renman23

I wouldn't go so far to call you an idiot. We all do stupid things at times but that does not qualify us as idiots. If so, I've been an idiot my whole life.

It was a little irresponsible but the key point is to learn from it.

Agreed. It's not as bad as the line from Nick Hornby.

"I've been thinking with my guts since I was fourteen years old, and frankly speaking, between you and me, I have come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains.”

― Nick Hornby, High Fidelity

Hope you recover quickly!

user_joe

so here's my update...which is very confusing.

As I mentioned, during the week of 8/19, I self-medicated with 12 mg anastrozole being that my estradiol was 51.2pg/ml (ref 7.6-42.5) and total test >1500 (ref 348-1197) free test of >50 (7.2-24) and i experienced what i believe was an estradiol crash, which was mostly anxiety and "head in a bubble feeling”. I had blood work done on 8/30, so 6 days after my last anastrozole dose and 300mg test shot. I’ve run 500iu of HCG EOD since.

As a bit of background-I only ran 600mg test per week for 4 weeks. I actually started with 100mg/wk then slowly moved to 140mg/wk, then to 200 to 300 to 400 to 600 over the course of 35 weeks, the majority of the time in the 100 to 200 mg/wk protocol.

So I just go my results back and I’m shocked:

total test >1500 (ref 348-1197)

free test >50 (7.2-24)

estradiol 31 (ref 7.6-42.5)- I’ve been using the wrong E test for a year, but it’s the only scale I know right now. I have partnered with Defy and I’ll be using the correct test going forward

DHEA 264.3 ug/dL (ref 71.6-375.3)

Cortisol 18.4 (ref 6.2-19.4 in the morning fasting). This is high for me. Typically in the 13 to 12 range

Thyroid panel- all the results are almost the same as the last 3 tests since TRT started

TSH 2.36 uIU/mL (ref .45-4.5)

T4 6.2 ug/dL (ref 4.5-12)

T3 uptake 28 % (ref 24-29)

Free thyroxine index 1.7ng/dL (ref 1.2-4.9)

So I’m thrown for a loop with e Estradiol and I’m wondering why my cortisol went up. I’m considering backing off the HCG to 3x week, but I’m not taking ANYTHING until my consult with Defy in a few weeks.

Wrong e2 test so it’s just a loose indication. Labs when you don’t have steady state hormones arent too valuable. For example, you start TRT for the first time ever. Lots of people don’t feel anything for 4-6 weeks. Their test reached some pretty high levels many times. Just not steady state yet. Labs from 2 days after injection on week 2 might look great. Doesn’t mean much.

rugbyhit

Thought it might be helpful to someone if I continued updating on my TRT journey.

Last I posted, i though i had crashed my E, but subsequent labs showed that it dropped, but didn't crash. Labs on 8/30, the week after i dosed 12.25mg of anastrazole had E @ 31 (not sensitive test) and T @ 1500+...etc.

Here are my results from 9/4/18....a fully 2 weeks from my last T dose/AI, but was still running HCG at 250iu 3x week, which i ended on 9/20
total T 888 (ref 264-916)
free T 21.2 (7.2-24)
DHEA 257.5 (71.6-375.4)
TSH 1.450 (.450-4.5)
LH .1 (1.7-8.6)
IGF-1 255 (61-200)- this has always been high for me since i started TRT 62 weeks ago
ESTADIOL (sensitive) 33.7 (8-35)
SHBG 38.4 (19.3-76.4)
thyroid and cholesterol are all in range
low D3, upped my dose to 5000iu/day
possible low iron from donating to control hemotocritic, so added iron pill (Dr told me low iron can contribute to anxiety)

So here I am (9/25/18) at 5 weeks, no TRT, stopped HCG (last Wednesday was last 200iu dose). I hooked up with Dr Saya @ Deft, was about to jump back on the TRT train with good guidance, buy I'm nervous. One lingering effect since the 12.25mg anastrozole episode, I have been battling anxiety big time. Its dissipated but it comes in waves during the day, wakes me up like clockwork during the night. Certain thoughts trigger it, like my kids going away to college, certain ambient music the creates a melancholy mood, thoughts about the future.....It’s frustrating because this has NEVER been me. I have always been the rock, now I’m a “drop of a hat” away from having to work through a series of rational thoughts to get away from the anxiety, or avoid certain situations or topics so I don’t have to confront the thoughts that create anxiety.

I thought by now, 5 weeks away from TRT, I’d be at homeostasis, back to normal. I’m better but a long way from my “real self”. I thought the HCG was keeping my E up there, and I’m getting blood work in the next day or two to check. I haven’t attempted to take an AI as I understand that the T to E conversion in the testes that is initiated by HCG isn’t affected by anastrozole. So my hope is that I’m just experiencing high Estradiol and it will just naturally even out soon……or should I take a very light does of anastrozole? I know I do best around the 20’s…but that with the old test results, not sure where I would be if I had the sensitive test.

So here I am…trying to work through my next step. As I mentioned, I was ready to get back to TRT, but now I’ve rescheduled to talk with Dr.Saya to talk about a restart, see where I end up, then reevaluate. Maybe even try HCG monotherapy. Some other interesting things, I’ve lost very little muscle in the 5 weeks since I stopped. Dropped from 200lgb to 193lb, but still very lean. Strength is down, but all in all, I like the way I look. No libido though, and energy at the gym is down. I just find it interesting since the last time I stopped TRT cold turkey, with relatively high T, it took only 2 weeks for me to crash and loss a lot of mass/muscle definition. And by crash, I simply got weaker, tired easily…no anxiety or anything…maybe a little more foggy mental state. My wife wasn’t a fan of TRT in the first place, now if I’m going to jump back on, convincing her after this cluster is going to be a job.

Not sure where this is all going. Hopefully something I experience will be of benefit to someone down the line.

blackebob

What exactly are the symptons you have other than anxiety?

I take a milligram of AI a week and it barely keeps my E below 29. I started HCG again, and had to stop after 12# of water retention. I thought I had crashed my E after I quit the HCG, but i had actually really elevated it.

I also take DIM, and calcium D. YMMV is truly relevant.

rugbyhit

What exactly are the symptons you have other than anxiety?

I take a milligram of AI a week and it barely keeps my E below 29. I started HCG again, and had to stop after 12# of water retention. I thought I had crashed my E after I quit the HCG, but i had actually really elevated it.

I also take DIM, and calcium D. YMMV is truly relevant.

My high E creates anxiety and it feels like my head is "in a bubble" and makes it diffficult to focus my eyesight...like ever so slightly blurred vission....and insomnia....its like a surge of anxiety in my dream, where my dream actualy takes on a scenario that creates anxiety for me, and i wake up. Takes a good while to calm back down and fall asleep again. Also, drains my energy level.

I thought about DIM, actually bought some, but keep reading seemingly contradictory feedback on helpfulness. Especially since i think some of my high E is from the HCG.

How much test do you take per week? Im learning more and more that its your "test to e ratio" and that starting out with a low dose t and moving up slowly over months resolves the need for any AI and is more likly to keep you body in homeostasis

blackebob

I take 24 mg (200 cyp)daily, but I am decreasing it to see if I can get rid of the water retention.

Try the DIM. I like the glucose D also.

T:E ratio is a garbage concept works about as well as the old 21-30 E2, works as well as DIM and CDG, too...all of it's garbage.

The bottom line is that you're using too must Test, youre up, youre down, you're doing this, your're doing that, all of it on the "fly" with no real Dr, using the wrong tests...prototypical recipe for failure.

I would reluctantly say to get off of all of it and get with a proper Dr and follow a protocol, or don't because what you're doing is all wrong.

blackebob

T:E ratio is a garbage concept works about as well as the old 21-30 E2, works as well as DIM and CDG, too...all of it's garbage.

The bottom line is that you're using too must Test, youre up, youre down, you're doing this, your're doing that, all of it on the "fly" with no real Dr, using the wrong tests...prototypical recipe for failure.

I would reluctantly say to get off of all of it and get with a proper Dr and follow a protocol, or don't because what you're doing is all wrong.

I assumed the DIM CDG, were helping me, as my symptoms went away. Perhaps my High E was just coming back down into range thru the AI

Last paragraph/statement was spot on.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching