Cortisol results interpretation and stress issues

Buy Lab Tests Online

nuclear

My salivary cortisol results are as follows:

200ng/dL 6am
200ng/dL 11am
<50ng/dL 5pm
<50ng/dL 10pm

I'm curious if these level are adequate for a normal response to stress. I am having a difficult time coping with stress.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
We need the complete reference ranges of each lab. Also need the DHEA correlation analysis if you have it, total burden report, circadian profile graph, etc? Please provide some background, and other issues you are having that you believe are related. What time of the day do you tend to notice the problem(s)? How is your sleep? Notice any changes in body temp? .. Chills, cold feet? Any supporting thyroid labs? Any previous ACTH results, and/or other pituitary related labs /exams that are abnormal?

We need the complete reference ranges of each lab. Also need the DHEA correlation analysis if you have it, total burden report, circadian profile graph, etc? Please provide some background, and other issues you are having that you believe are related. What time of the day do you tend to notice the problem(s)? How is your sleep? Notice any changes in body temp? .. Chills, cold feet? Any supporting thyroid labs? Any previous ACTH results, and/or other pituitary related labs /exams that are abnormal?

From my experience testing saliva cortisol you may desire to know these things, they've value not being in question, but Drs, and labs like Quest and LabCorp, those peripheral tests aren't on the menu. Discounted labs doesn't offer them either. So I question why you make reference to them. Not the value, but where is any one supposed to obtain these tests....I haven't seem them.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Vince, that's why I usually stick with ZRT and/or Canary Club on these labs. The DHEA correlation (or ratio thereof) with cortisol will obviously provide a fairly accurate assessment of where a patient is at with their adrenals (maladaptation, DHEA slump, etc.).

You are correct, with many of these lab providers, most of this is not accessible. Most of the GP's these days will only order the typical 1x cortisol serum lab, which is just as useless as the Uptake and Index labs they order for the thyroid! Most of this stuff coming from guys like Dr. Lam, Dr. Rind, Dr. Reiss, is setting the bar for properly identifying deficiencies and imbalances, and how to properly treat conditions after diagnosing (including understanding how other deficiencies are in play due to the upstream demand on Pregnenolone).

Here's the page for ordering with ZRT .. http://www.zrtlab.com/specialty-profiles/adrenal-stress

And I know I plug the hell out of Stop the thyroid madness crowd and Janie, but there's all sorts of stuff about this on their site and with their books.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Also, ZRT will provide a circadian profile report/graph with analysis. I don't believe they provide the 7 stage correlation analysis (maybe they do now?), but that's not too difficult to figure out, and definitely a physician in the know will be able to determine this.

nuclear

Sorry for the long delay in responding to this thread. My doctor has prescribed an adrenal recovery protocol and it has worked wonders. I'm feeling and performing much better. He's Dr. John Crisler in East Lansing, MI. I presume many on this board are patients of his. I've been a patient since 2007.

I think you can trust Dr Crisler...one of the very best! Care you share what has been suggested and prescribed, maybe it can benefit us all?

nuclear

I think you can trust Dr Crisler...one of the very best! Care you share what has been suggested and prescribed, maybe it can benefit us all?

I wish I could give details, but everyone is different and likely requires specific direction. I will tell you that getting quality sleep is critical and should be the foremost thing to look at. If you think you may have sleep apnea, have that addressed. You won't make progress with your adrenal issues if you don't get quality sleep. I find meditation helpful and use the Headspace app daily.

I wish I could give details, but everyone is different and likely requires specific direction. I will tell you that getting quality sleep is critical and should be the foremost thing to look at. If you think you may have sleep apnea, have that addressed. You won't make progress with your adrenal issues if you don't get quality sleep. I find meditation helpful and use the Headspace app daily.

Respectfully there are no secrets here, everyone shares and helps the community. If you need to have a secret it's not really conducive to the why the forum exists or your participation in it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me