Correct vial usage

Buy Lab Tests Online

Warrior!

This is my first post, but I've been learning from you all for years. I've been on TRT for about 6 years. I have always gone to the clinic and had them administer my injection once per week. I decided that I would rather start doing self-inject from home. They have given me enough pre-filled syringes for a month. I want to put a couple of weeks worth in an empty sterile vial. I know that when removing solution from a vial, you put an equal measure of air in, but when putting solution into a vial, would you pull air out, before or after you put the solution in?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Blackhawk

If you are self injecting you should be supplied with a vial of T and know how to draw it yourself. Putting T from syringe back into a vial is back-asswards and unnecessary.

Regarding putting solution into the vial, it is unlikely that the volume you are talking about would be an issue. That said, pressure can always be equalized in a vial by inserting needle without syringe, or needle/syringe without plunger into the air space in the vial above the fluid

Last edited:

Warrior!

If you are self injecting you should be supplied with a vial of T and know how to draw it yourself. Putting T from syringe back into a vial is back-asswards and unnecessary.

Regarding putting solution into the vial, it is unlikely that the volume you are talking about would be an issue. That said, pressure can always be equalized in a vial by inserting needle without syringe, or insulin syringe without plunger. I do this after mixing diluent into HCG by removing the syringe from the luer tip needle before removing the needle from the vial while being sure the needle tip is not in the solution inside the vial.

Warrior!

Intetesting!...This is something I've never heard of before. I use 25g 1in needles, seems like residual testo oil from the needle would spray out. How long afterward would you leave the needle in?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Intetesting!...This is something I've never heard of before. I use 25g 1in needles, seems like residual testo oil from the needle would spray out. How long afterward would you leave the needle in?
You can empty the needle first by drawing back some air into the syringe and emptying it again. Of course if you do that then you might as well just do what I've been saying over at PeakT: withdraw a volume of air into the syringe that's similar to or a little less than the volume of fluid you injected.

Blackhawk

Microseconds.

I hope you don't use 25g 1" for your injections!

Warrior!

Microseconds.

I hope you don't use 25g 1" for your injections!
Yep, I do. I'm used to being injected with 22g 1.5, so this isnt too bad. How to do safely remove the needle from the syringe, while its still in the vial? I'm assuming you need to wear gloves, to keep things sterile...

Blackhawk

Yep, I do. I'm used to being injected with 22g 1.5, so this isnt too bad. How to do safely remove the needle from the syringe, while its still in the vial? I'm assuming you need to wear gloves, to keep things sterile...

I should have kept my post simpler. I edited it.

if you have that size syringe/needle combo the needle is a luer tip no?

Blackhawk

My wife helped me to try to take a couple pics, but we just could not get good ones where you could tell what was going on.

I don't know what gear you have at your disposal, but with just a sterile vial and the filled syringes you have, it would be easy enough to inject the syringe contents into the vial, then remove the needle from the vial, pull the plunger out of the syringe and go right back in to vent the vial, as long as needle touches nothing but the sterilized (wiped with alcohol) vial seal.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching