Constipation causing Prostate issues ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

broker

I think i may have read this. Can being constipated cause prostate infammation?
I always wondered if no bowel movement could cause a prostate issue.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Tdizzle

I think i may have read this. Can being constipated cause prostate infammation?
I always wondered if no bowel movement could cause a prostate issue.

I wondered that myself. I am in the midst of having prostate related issues and constipation is surely connected to my issues.
wether it’s constipation causing inflammation or the prostate inflammation causing a slight blockage , I think there is a connection.
In my instance , I was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis. I’m probably being paranoid but this issue happened just a few months after starting TRT.

Pringle

In my case yes. I started high protein diet low carb about 8 weeks ago. Was dealing with bad constipation for a month..... tried extra fiber, water, softeners etc. Ended up with a bacterial infection that involved prostate and seminal vesicles. Ouch! Confirmed inflammation from Dre and CT scan. Ended up on cipro and now feeling much better. Doc feels the prolonged constipation was more than likely the culprit. I Added a little more fat and fiber in the diet and seem to be past it. Got to stay on the cipro a couple more weeks.

Tdizzle

In my case yes. I started high protein diet low carb about 8 weeks ago. Was dealing with bad constipation for a month..... tried extra fiber, water, softeners etc. Ended up with a bacterial infection that involved prostate and seminal vesicles. Ouch! Confirmed inflammation from Dre and CT scan. Ended up on cipro and now feeling much better. Doc feels the prolonged constipation was more than likely the culprit. I Added a little more fat and fiber in the diet and seem to be past it. Got to stay on the cipro a couple more weeks.

We’re they able to confirm infection through any testing ? That’s been my biggest frustration dealing with this , every time I go see the doc I never have an infection but have all the symptoms

OMI100

We’re they able to confirm infection through any testing ? That’s been my biggest frustration dealing with this , every time I go see the doc I never have an infection but have all the symptoms
FYI
What is your PSA? I have seem to have a slow simmering prostate infection that Cipro does nothing too. I am on daily Doxy that keeps it under control. If I stop the Doxy the PSA goes up and it freaks out the DRs. Then next words out of their mouths is biopsy... Cipro slows it but once I stop the cipro the PSA goes up and the pain comes back. Doxy knocks it back down and lowers my PSA. My current thyroid / TRT Dr is retired AF DR. The one that put me on daily Doxy after a NUMBER of times on cipro from other DRs and him once. Said some folks have to be on the maintenance dose of doxy to keep things under control. Thats my story and I am sticking too it:)

Tdizzle

FYI
What is your PSA? I have seem to have a slow simmering prostate infection that Cipro does nothing too. I am on daily Doxy that keeps it under control. If I stop the Doxy the PSA goes up and it freaks out the DRs. Then next words out of their mouths is biopsy... Cipro slows it but once I stop the cipro the PSA goes up and the pain comes back. Doxy knocks it back down and lowers my PSA. My current thyroid / TRT Dr is retired AF DR. The one that put me on daily Doxy after a NUMBER of times on cipro from other DRs and him once. Said some folks have to be on the maintenance dose of doxy to keep things under control. Thats my story and I am sticking too it:)

My last 4 PSA tests have been 0.7 consistently. never any rise in PSA here and never any positive results for bacteria in my urine.

TucsonJJ

FYI
Hi,. still here? I read your post... how have things gone... better? I have developed a few weird symptoms since starting TRT... My PSA spiked from 3.0 to 8.0... might be due to prostate massage I tried... supposed to be good to reduce size... (I stopped after one try) will retest soon... but I feel like there is something going on with my prostate... I seem to be able to feel it in there, especailly if I do a "kegel" squeeze... I thought it might be internal 'roids... but also can definatly feel it during orgasm too... I have been on catheters for a few years... so maybe a UTI or even a combo UTI and prostatitis... recent urine test showed some white blood cells in urine... but no follow up from UroDoc...
Any thoughts or advice? What is "Doxy"? I am not a fan of Cipro at ALL... dangerous stuff, IMO... thanks!

OMI100

Doxycycline.

Prostate massage will most likely raise the PSA:)

I would think if you really want to see what is going on your need your DR to order an MRI.

TucsonJJ

Yes, the massage was it... my PSA re-tested at 3.0, back down from 8... and I do have a UTI, which probably made my entire tract feel weird... taking Amoxicillin, already feeling better after 3 days on it.
Just was diagnosed with probable Gastroparesis, probably from decades of smoking (very small amounts of) weed nightly... Dang, it's always something!

Nik

Yes, the massage was it... my PSA re-tested at 3.0, back down from 8... and I do have a UTI, which probably made my entire tract feel weird... taking Amoxicillin, already feeling better after 3 days on it.
Just was diagnosed with probable Gastroparesis, probably from decades of smoking (very small amounts of) weed nightly... Dang, it's always something!
tuccson nice, could you inform your level of Shbg?

TucsonJJ

tuccson nice, could you inform your level of Shbg?
Sure... it was 68 prior to TRT... went down to 41 last test... not sure why, I do occasionally take Boron... that might be it.

BTW: that Amoxicillin made me feel like crappola after around 5 days... cleared up the UTI... but... no mas'!
BTW2: that Gastroparesis diagnosis was bogus... like so many incompetent medical people these days... the NP pulled that one out of her culo.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me