Considering TRT for Accutane related hormonal changes

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

I wonder hey I have theae symptoms with a testosterone of 550.
Your free T, the most potent form of T is below mid-range.
Could be low DHT due to Accutane.
Using DHT blockers can have unintended consequences and mess with hormonal pathways. When you partially block DHT, the body now sends T down another pathway and now permanent changes are, may be irreversible in some cases.

The same thing happens to those using an aromatase inhibitor, Free T increases in older men using AI's as a result of partially blocking the conversion of T->estrogen.

In cases of finasteride usage, some of the worst cases of PFS see a doubling or tripling of Total T, or estrogen and even SHBG with no change in DHT levels, yet the symptoms remain.

Accutane and Finasteride are endocrine disruptors. I think I read somewhere that Accutane and Finasteride may cause gene expression changes.

Last edited:

Frizzle

Thanks man! My first bloodtest (natural) showed a TT of 374 and a FT of 248. My second bloodtest (natural) showed a TT of 550 (FT was measured but they didn't send it to me).

Last weeks I really felt lower than normal after trying to treat my condition. I started with HCG and then Clomid to kick start my HPA. Actually I fellt pretty good on the Clomid, downside was that it raised my libido a but made my erections weak.

Today I ws feeling low and took 12,5mg Clomid, I was feeling good in 30 minutes and had a very good day. Do you have any idea what's going on here?

Frizzle

Yeah I noticed :), but why can I feel good so fast after feeling shit before on just one 1/2 dose. Do you think it’s testosterone or something else that’s going on.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I took accutane at 17 years old and I might be able to attribute to it some lifelong issues with libido and sexual function that factored into my decision to start TRT. It's difficult to say because I didn't have much sexual history beforehand to compare with.

Frizzle

I took accutane at 17 years old and I might be able to attribute to it some lifelong issues with libido and sexual function that factored into my decision to start TRT. It's difficult to say because I didn't have much sexual history beforehand to compare with.
Thanks for you reply.

Same for me, I took it when I was 19. worst misstake I made, and I didn’t even had very severe acne. Libido got a little better after some years and especially RSO oil works in this respect.

Did TRT work for you libido wise, and were you diagnosed hypogonadal after Accutane? How are you doing now?

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Thanks for you reply.

Same for me, I took it when I was 19. worst misstake I made, and I didn’t even had very severe acne. Libido got a little better after some years and especially RSO oil works in this respect.

Did TRT work for you libido wise, and were you diagnosed hypogonadal after Accutane? How are you doing now?

I'm only about 5 1/2 weeks into this and am still adjusting dose and recovering from caffeine withdrawal. Currently my libido is about the same as it was pre-TRT. My erectile function is definitely improved though. I also went from virtually no nocturnal erections or morning wood to a ton of both which makes me optimistic that I am not wasting my efforts here.

As far as the diagnosis, my total testosterone levels have always been normal since I began testing them due to low T symptoms in my early 20's. Only recently did I test SHBG and free testosterone and discover them to be high and low respectively. I have no idea how long this has been the case. It wouldn't surprise me if my levels were like this for my entire adult life.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me