Considering another TRT provider. Advice please!

Buy Lab Tests Online
I'm working with a popular Tampa based TRT clinic. I've been with them for years, but have lost a little confidence and been disappointed of late.
Like many men with low T (diagnosed at age 35 with total T of 181, but probably a lifelong issue), I'm hoping to finally get my body to look and feel more "manly" with increased muscle mass and less belly fat. I had spent years since college strength training, and literally got nowhere. When I started with shots at age 35 (8 years ago), I thought I finally found my answer to a better body and overall health. It hasn't exactly worked out that way. I'm only slightly stronger than I was 8 years ago with very consistent training. This year, I completely plateaued with no progress at all. My clinic added compounds like oxandrolone and nandrolone, but neither helped (more on that later). The overall advice was, take the least amount of medication to make your labs look good, and no glaring issues (ED, fatigue, libido, etc.), but no more. Fed up with my lack of body recomp, I decided to do an experiment and take 3X the normal dose of my injections for 3 weeks. After those 3 weeks, I would assess how I felt and get a full lab panel completed. It was shocking. I had more energy, strength and muscle gain in those 3 weeks than in the past 3 years. I'm not joking about that. Obviously I don't want to hurt my health, so I didn't know if this was sustainable, hence the labs and followup with the doctor. My labs looked excellent from my lipid panel to my liver enzymes. Nothing looked wrong at all. The clinic was surprised my labs looked so good with such an increase in my medication. Long story short, they suggested I go back to my old dose of 1mL per week of Test and be done with it. They weren't comfortable with me using that much. I get it. On one hand they want to make sure they are taking care of my health. But if my labs look as good as ever, why not allow me to continue with it? I'd be willing to get a full lab panel done every 3 months just to make sure everything is good.
I'm wondering if there is another clinic out there that is more flexible in how the prescribe medication and treat patients. I felt so good, was looking so good, and had more confidence than I had in decades. That all ended when my protocol went back to where it was, and again I've completely plateaued in my strength.

Any advice at all would be helpful. The clinic wanted to say that the extra total and free Test was diminishing returns, and getting it above and beyond the normal range wouldn't result in anymore strength or muscle gains. But that's completely wrong as I was living proof of it. If this was going to harm my health, I'd not want to do this. But my visceral belly fat isn't healthy either, and my lean mass is far below average for a 43 year old who has strength trained for 20+ years.

Help!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

When you say you used 3x your dose, was that just T, or 3x the dose of oxandrolone or nandrolone as well?

I ask because I read about guys hereon the forum prescribed nandrolone, oxandrolone of stanolozol along with T and for some of them it was the first time they were able to gain any muscle or strength at all.

I have never been able to gain even the smallest amount of muscle even with a solid training plan and diet on TRT alone so I definitely relate to your situation and I am hoping I can try nandrolone or stanolozol after my upcoming consult. I do not have unrealistic expectations, I am not trying to look like or expect to look like a bodybuilder, I would just like to experience any strength or size gains at all since I never have before.

madman

Super Moderator
I'm working with a popular Tampa based TRT clinic. I've been with them for years, but have lost a little confidence and been disappointed of late.
Like many men with low T (diagnosed at age 35 with total T of 181, but probably a lifelong issue), I'm hoping to finally get my body to look and feel more "manly" with increased muscle mass and less belly fat. I had spent years since college strength training, and literally got nowhere. When I started with shots at age 35 (8 years ago), I thought I finally found my answer to a better body and overall health. It hasn't exactly worked out that way. I'm only slightly stronger than I was 8 years ago with very consistent training. This year, I completely plateaued with no progress at all. My clinic added compounds like oxandrolone and nandrolone, but neither helped (more on that later). The overall advice was, take the least amount of medication to make your labs look good, and no glaring issues (ED, fatigue, libido, etc.), but no more. Fed up with my lack of body recomp, I decided to do an experiment and take 3X the normal dose of my injections for 3 weeks. After those 3 weeks, I would assess how I felt and get a full lab panel completed. It was shocking. I had more energy, strength and muscle gain in those 3 weeks than in the past 3 years. I'm not joking about that. Obviously I don't want to hurt my health, so I didn't know if this was sustainable, hence the labs and followup with the doctor. My labs looked excellent from my lipid panel to my liver enzymes. Nothing looked wrong at all. The clinic was surprised my labs looked so good with such an increase in my medication. Long story short, they suggested I go back to my old dose of 1mL per week of Test and be done with it. They weren't comfortable with me using that much. I get it. On one hand they want to make sure they are taking care of my health. But if my labs look as good as ever, why not allow me to continue with it? I'd be willing to get a full lab panel done every 3 months just to make sure everything is good.
I'm wondering if there is another clinic out there that is more flexible in how the prescribe medication and treat patients. I felt so good, was looking so good, and had more confidence than I had in decades. That all ended when my protocol went back to where it was, and again I've completely plateaued in my strength.

Any advice at all would be helpful. The clinic wanted to say that the extra total and free Test was diminishing returns, and getting it above and beyond the normal range wouldn't result in anymore strength or muscle gains. But that's completely wrong as I was living proof of it. If this was going to harm my health, I'd not want to do this. But my visceral belly fat isn't healthy either, and my lean mass is far below average for a 43 year old who has strength trained for 20+ years.

Help!

What were you truly expecting as we are on trt here and if anything having healthy testosterone levels will improve body composition (muscle gain/fat loss) when combined with a proper diet/training protocol but do understand that the muscle/strength gains will be minimal when compared to using steroid doses of T 300-600 mg/AAS for the sole purpose of muscle/strength enhancement.

Let alone your genetics will have the final say!

We are using therapeutic doses of T (100-200 mg/week) and even when adding other AAS compounds such as nandrolone (50-100 mg/week) or low dose oxandrolone/stanozolol no one is packing on muscle mass on such doses.

3 weeks means absolutely nothing regarding your blood markers.

You have unrealistic expectations about trt/hrt.

madman

Super Moderator
I'd also be curious to know the exact protocol that was "3x your normal dose".

Regarding trt most are prescribed T 100-200mg/week and nandrolone for joint pain (50-100 mg/week).

So he was injecting 3X the prescribed amount of T + ND.

Anywhere from 300-600 mg T and 150-300mg ND.

Regardless 3 weeks is jack s**t as levels are in FLUX and far from stabilized.

Who would look at blood work 3 weeks in when using esterified T (cypionate/enanthate) let alone nandrolone decanoate.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me