CONCERNED ABOUT PSA

Buy Lab Tests Online

medvetz63

I have been on TRT since March of 2018.

I will be 58 years old in September, in two more months.

My PSA went to 2.0 a few weeks after starting TRT but fluctuated back down to 1.4 by November of 2018 and since then it has stayed between 1.4 and 2.18 between April 2018 and November 2019, going back and forth between those ranges.

In December 2020 it was 1.86.

In April 2021 it was 2.05 but last month, on June 23, 2021, it jumped to 4.06 when I tested it.

This past Monday, two days ago, I did another PSA test and it dropped to 3.3.

That’s a reduction of 0.76 BUT it’s still 1.25 higher than the more regular and normal readings have been prior to and up until in April.

I did have sex and I worked out hard in the gym that week in June when it was at 4.06 and I read later that both ejaculation and exercise can raise PSA, so I avoided both for five days prior to Monday’s test.

I have no history of Prostate Cancer on either side of my family.
Monday’s test was twenty six days after the one that was 4.06, so did I test it too soon or is that enough time for irritation of the prostate from sex or exercise to resolve itself?
Are these numbers and fluctuations concerning? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vtail

We're about the same age. My PSA was approx 1 pre-TRT (3-4 years ago) and since starting TRT it has been as high as 4.4
My doctor had me do a prostate MRI and it came back all clear. I have never had any symptoms of prostate issues and, like you, have no family history of prostate cancer.
These days when I go for a blood test, I abstain from sex, working out and alcohol for 3 days prior and the night before I take a couple of advil. That seems to keep my PSA below 4.0 for now.

TorontoTRT

PSA tests really stress guys out. We all went through a suspicious or erroneous result. Repeat test 8 weeks after last one but stop all vitamins, supplements, a week before. Also make sure no constipation or big bowel movements before the test.

medvetz63

I have made an appointment to see the urologist on Thursday, August 5th.

Last Monday, exactly one week ago on July 26th I had another PSA test for the appointment on Thursday and I was able to see the results this morning on Labcorp’s app that I have on my phone.

My PSA was 3.2.

On July 19th it was 3.3, so in one week it only dropped an insignificant point.

These have been my PSA results since November 2019 up to now:

Nov 2019: 2.18

Dec 2019: 1.9

Oct 2020: 1.85

Dec 7, 2020: 1.86

Dec 28, 2020: 1.6

April 12, 2021: 2.05

June 23, 2021: 4.06

July 19, 2021: 3.3

July 26, 2021: 3.2

The 4.06 reading on June 23rd is what caught my attention. It had never been that high and then it dropped to 3.3 and now 3.2.
And the threes are also numbers that are above what has been normal for me as the above list shows.
Is it ominous that it’s holding at 3.2 or does it need more time than a week to return to normal IF it’s for reasons OTHER than cancer that are the cause for being high ?
It’s got me majorly stressed the hell out.

Last edited:

medvetz63

I saw the urologist today due to someone canceling their appointment.
A urinalysis showed a lot of white blood cells in the urine. The urologist did the DRE and said that he felt nothing indicating cancer but my prostate felt swollen and softer than normal indicating prostatitis, according to him.
He prescribed Ciprofloxacin and told me to take it and retest the PSA in one more month.
As long as the PSA goes back to close to what it was afterwards there’ll be no need for a further workup, he said.
He highly doubts that it’s cancer.

M

MarkM

How do you feel about the doctor's diagnosis? Do you feel better or a little less concerned?

medvetz63

How do you feel about the doctor's diagnosis? Do you feel better or a little less concerned?
I feel a little better but I’ve made an appointment with a second urologist just to get a second opinion. On two other forums dedicated to Prostate Cancer more than one guy said that they were told at first that all they had was a simple infection yet a year or two later they were diagnosed with cancer, so they advised staying on top of this AND requesting what’s called a 3T Multiparametric MRI which is a noninvasive way of seeing what’s going on in the Prostate.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me