Compound Pharmacy Kickbacks

Buy Lab Tests Online

JRos895

Did doctors get kickbacks when they (could) prescribe HCG from Empower/Hallandale?

People always said that TRT clinics “made a fortune” when dispensing HCG. So was there any system by which HCG could be prescribed and the doctor could make a profit?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

SteveCleves

I wouldn't call it a kick back per se...but I've always assumed there is some profit sharing agreement between TRT clinics and compounding pharmacies.

Its probably something technical like the even though the meds are shipped from the pharmacy, its technically being sold by the clinic to you and the clinic charges you like +20% above what the pharmacy charges the clinic.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
We found that, on average, physicians who prescribed a drug received higher payments related to the drug that same year than those who didn't prescribe it. For Linzess, the value of payments was more than four times higher for providers who prescribed the drug than among those who did not.

Doctors Prescribe More of a Drug If They Receive Money from a Pharma ...

Attachments

• 1656619378546.png
    1656619378546.png
    434 bytes · Views: 14

JRos895

I wouldn't call it a kick back per se...but I've always assumed there is some profit sharing agreement between TRT clinics and compounding pharmacies.

Its probably something technical like the even though the meds are shipped from the pharmacy, its technically being sold by the clinic to you and the clinic charges you like +20% above what the pharmacy charges the clinic.
This is what I assumed as well. If this is true, I feel like this is a phenomenon that deserves more scrutiny, especially if doctors are not disclosing this.

I find it highly unethical for doctors to be prescribing medications that they are directly profiting from (or at the very least, not disclosing that), especially since patients may ask about the potency differences between compounded meds and brand name meds. The potency of certain compounded meds, like HCG for example, has long been questioned by users of this forum.

Even worse, it may encourage doctors to put a patient on form of therapy that they profit from (HCG therapy), rather than a potentially more appropriate therapy (like Clomid therapy, which is more often covered by insurance and thus presents less opportunities for doctor profiteering).

MarcoFL

Pick whatever doctor you would like to work with. The one I use that is how the fee system works and I am free to move if I want.

CKO

It's not a kickback unless the doctor receives payment from a federal or state program. That's how the US Code is written. Private pay and private insurance are free to enter all sorts of different types of business partnerships. It's not illegal and it's actually quite common.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me