Comparison of cernitin pollen extract vs tadalafil therapy for refractory chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome:

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Abstract

Aims: To compare the efficacy of cernitin pollen extract (cernitin) or tadalafil for treating persistent chronic pelvic pain despite α1‐blocker monotherapy in men with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) and lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS).

Methods: A total of 100 patients with refractory CP/CPPS despite ongoing α1‐blocker monotherapy were randomized to receive add‐on therapy with either cernitin (4 capsules/day) or tadalafil (5 mg/d) for 12 weeks. At week 12, changes from baseline in the patients’ CP/CPPS, LUTS, and voiding function, as assessed using the National Institutes of Health Chronic Prostatitis Symptom Index (NIH‐CPSI), the International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS), and uroflowmetry, respectively, were compared between the groups.

Results: The final analysis included 42 and 45 patients in the cernitin and tadalafil groups, respectively. Although the NIH‐CPSI total, NIH‐CPSI pain sub‐score, and NIH‐CPSI quality of life sub‐score significantly improved in both groups, the cernitin (vs tadalafil) group showed significantly greater improvements in the NIH‐CPSI total score (−6.8 vs −4.6; P = .02) and NIH‐CPSI pain sub‐score (−4.1 vs −1.5; P < .001). Half (50%) of the patients in the cernitin group showed a reduction greater than 50% in their NIH‐CPSI pain sub‐score; in the tadalafil group, only four patients (8.9%) showed ≥50% improvement (P < .001). In contrast, the improvement in LUTS was significantly superior in the tadalafil group.

Conclusion: Both cernitin and tadalafil significantly ameliorated chronic pelvic pain in patients with refractory CP/CPPS. The add‐on of cernitin was more effective than tadalafil for pelvic pain and discomfort.

5 | CONCLUSIONS

This comparative study showed that both cernitin and tadalafil significantly improved chronic pelvic pain in patients with refractory CP/CPPS (NIH category IIIA and IIIB) despite α1‐blocker monotherapy. The add‐on of cernitin was more effective than tadalafil for pelvic pain and discomfort, which are pathognomonic symptoms in CP/CPPS, although the improvement of LUTS such as storage symptoms was significantly superior for the add‐ on treatment with tadalafil.

Attachments

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
TABLE 1 Background between the two groups
Screenshot (1585).png

madman

Super Moderator
FIGURE 2 Change in the NIH‐CPSI total score A, and NIH‐CPSI pain sub‐score B, in the cernitin and tadalafil groups. Significant decreases (improvements) in the NIH‐CPSI total score and NIH‐CPSI pain sub‐score were observed at week 12 in both groups. In the comparison between the groups, the improvement of these parameters was significantly greater in the cernitin group
Screenshot (1589).png

TucsonJJ

Abstract

Aims: To compare the efficacy of cernitin pollen extract (cernitin) or tadalafil for treating persistent chronic pelvic pain despite α1‐blocker monotherapy in men with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) and lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS).

Methods: A total of 100 patients with refractory CP/CPPS despite ongoing α1‐blocker monotherapy were randomized to receive add‐on therapy with either cernitin (4 capsules/day) or tadalafil (5 mg/d) for 12 weeks. At week 12, changes from baseline in the patients’ CP/CPPS, LUTS, and voiding function, as assessed using the National Institutes of Health Chronic Prostatitis Symptom Index (NIH‐CPSI), the International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS), and uroflowmetry, respectively, were compared between the groups.

Results: The final analysis included 42 and 45 patients in the cernitin and tadalafil groups, respectively. Although the NIH‐CPSI total, NIH‐CPSI pain sub‐score, and NIH‐CPSI quality of life sub‐score significantly improved in both groups, the cernitin (vs tadalafil) group showed significantly greater improvements in the NIH‐CPSI total score (−6.8 vs −4.6; P = .02) and NIH‐CPSI pain sub‐score (−4.1 vs −1.5; P < .001). Half (50%) of the patients in the cernitin group showed a reduction greater than 50% in their NIH‐CPSI pain sub‐score; in the tadalafil group, only four patients (8.9%) showed ≥50% improvement (P < .001). In contrast, the improvement in LUTS was significantly superior in the tadalafil group.

Conclusion: Both cernitin and tadalafil significantly ameliorated chronic pelvic pain in patients with refractory CP/CPPS. The add‐on of cernitin was more effective than tadalafil for pelvic pain and discomfort.

5 | CONCLUSIONS

This comparative study showed that both cernitin and tadalafil significantly improved chronic pelvic pain in patients with refractory CP/CPPS (NIH category IIIA and IIIB) despite α1‐blocker monotherapy. The add‐on of cernitin was more effective than tadalafil for pelvic pain and discomfort, which are pathognomonic symptoms in CP/CPPS, although the improvement of LUTS such as storage symptoms was significantly superior for the add‐ on treatment with tadalafil.
Finding this stuff is difficult and it is very expensive... I found what I hope is similar for reasonable price... I plan on trying asap... as I have been on catheters for 2 years...

madman

Super Moderator
Finding this stuff is difficult and it is very expensive... I found what I hope is similar for reasonable price... I plan on trying asap... as I have been on catheters for 2 years...

Screenshot (1612).png

madman

Super Moderator
Thank you MM. I just ordered some:)

Keep in mind that PollenAid (formerly Cernilton) that the strength is 500mg per capsule and the dose used in the study was 4 capsules daily.

The label on PollenAid states: As a dietary supplement take 1 capsule, 3 times daily before meals with a glass of water.
1594845976242.png

Screenshot (1618).png

Swanson Max-Strength Graminex Flower Pollen Ext 500 Milligrams 60 Capsules

Swanson brand would be similar in strength (500mg per capsule) to PollenAid (formerly Cernilton) and cheaper when ordering multiple bottles.
Screenshot (1616).png

Screenshot (1617).png

Screenshot (1613).png

Screenshot (1614).png

Screenshot (1615).png

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones