Coming off TRT after 2.5 years

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gabe22

Been on TRT for 2.5 years. At the start i was on 100 IU but when my HCT went high i gradually tapered off my dose until i am only on 13 IU. No idea how many Mg that equals to. Anyway's the place i was getting my TRT from wants $1500 for the whole year so i instead chose to quit TRT. It's not just a financial decision but just because i want to try to go natural again.

My question is since i have no doctor, can i just go cold turkey after being on this long and what are the chanced i will get a good restart and how long ballpark might this take?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gabe22

I was on TRT for 2.5 years, stopped cold turkey and returned to baseline 4.5 weeks later.

Your mileage may vary. Maybe if you’re low enough, you can get TRT covered by insurance.
Thank you for replying Systemlord. Your input is always good to hear. I rather just get off TRT and try my natural production again. Can I ask if you experienced any ball ache when getting off cold turkey?

madman

Super Moderator
Been on TRT for 2.5 years. At the start i was on 100 IU but when my HCT went high i gradually tapered off my dose until i am only on 13 IU. No idea how many Mg that equals to. Anyway's the place i was getting my TRT from wants $1500 for the whole year so i instead chose to quit TRT. It's not just a financial decision but just because i want to try to go natural again.

My question is since i have no doctor, can i just go cold turkey after being on this long and what are the chanced i will get a good restart and how long ballpark might this take?

Vince

Super Moderator
Sorry, what I meant to say is if you got any ball ache when getting off trt.
You should get testicle discomfort, when your natural production starts up again. I remember going through puberty and getting testicle discomfort. I'm sure it was because of my increase in testosterone at the time. There should not be testicle pain.

Gabe22

So when Testosterone gets to be at zero would that have any negative impact on health in any way like the heart for example? Howclong might i be at zero before the body starts up again?

I had been injecting once per week every Sunday so today would have been my next injection.

Systemlord

So when Testosterone gets to be at zero would that have any negative impact on health in any way like the heart for example?
It depends on how long you had low-T before going on TRT and the condition of you heart.

The risk of major cardiovascular events is higher with low-T. Maybe reevaluate your financial situation and trim the fat somewhere else, because your health is more important than anything in your life.

You know my Dish Network cost me $1500 dollars a year, so I got rid of it now that I’m more active. That’s basically one year of TRT through Defy Medical. If you’re the type that eat at restaurants and fast food, that’s probably another $500 in just a couple of months.

Last edited:

Gabe22

It depends on how long you had low-T before going on TRT and the condition of you heart.

The risk of major cardiovascular events is higher with low-T. Maybe reevaluate your financial situation and trim the fat somewhere else, because your health is more important than anything in your life.

You know my Dish Network cost me $1500 dollars a year, so I got rid off it. That’s basically one year of TRT through Defy Medical. If you’re the type that at restaurants and fast food, that’s probably another $500 in just a couple of months.
I had 424 total T when I got on trt. The main reason was because of how my libido was suffering and thought that could help which it did.

The only checkup I have had for my heart was a ultrasound almost a couple years ago. They said I was good. I do not know of any heart conditions.

I'm basically on expired testosterone which could be why a couple weeks ago I started to get some ball ache that lasted for over a week. Maybe my body was trying to restart production on its own maybe like Vince was saying?

Systemlord

I had 424 total T when I got on trt.
This isn’t really that useful without a Free T measurement, however you’re already below the threshold for increased cardiovascular risk according to this meta analysis.

Gabe22

This isn’t really that useful without a Free T measurement, however you’re already below the threshold for increased cardiovascular risk according to this meta analysis.

If I increase my dose to raise my T my HCT climbs along with it out of range and then I'm back to blood dumps which I hate.

Gabe22

How high does your HCT climb?

RBC and Hemoglobin went out of range also.

That was when I was injecting 100 iu weekly split into 3 injection per week. After that I tapered down and got bloodwork done every 3 months until my labs came back normal but I'm at now where I was before trt. That's why to me it doesn't make sense to continue treatment.

Systemlord

RBC and Hemoglobin went out of range also.

That was when I was injecting 100 iu weekly split into 3 injection per week. After that I tapered down and got bloodwork done every 3 months until my labs came back normal but I'm at now where I was before trt. That's why to me it doesn't make sense to continue treatment.
If you’re not really benefiting from treatment, I would stop. Maybe in the next couple of years will have more data on men on TRT with high hematocrit.

Tdizzle

I stopped about 6 weeks ago. I tapered myself down from 140mg and then just quit. I actually feel a lot better in some ways. No mood swings and sex actually feels better.

Gabe22

I stopped about 6 weeks ago. I tapered myself down from 140mg and then just quit. I actually feel a lot better in some ways. No mood swings and sex actually feels better.
How many IU is 140mg? How many mg was your last shot? Have you gotten any lab work done since getting off?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me