Coming off of TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online
I have yet to start TRT but am wondering if one is using about 100 mg a week and decides to come off of TRT or wants to simply stop for a period of time is a PCT like clomid required for that small dosage? Thank you.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I have yet to start TRT but am wondering if one is using about 100 mg a week and decides to come off of TRT or wants to simply stop for a period of time is a PCT like clomid required for that small dosage? Thank you.

The purpose of pct is to kickstart/speed up endogenous testosterone production and minimize any potential side effects one may experience during the transition as you will be in a hypogonadal state temporarily.

The shutdown of the hpta will be the same whether you are using trt doses or steroid doses albeit using higher doses will result in quicker suppression.

When coming off higher doses the crash may be more severe but I would say that the duration of use and age of the person will have the biggest impact on the recovery process.

Pct is not a given when coming off trt as many choose to go cold turkey and although it may be a bumpy ride for some there are others who recover fine.

No one can say for sure how you will feel if you chose to not do pct during the transition.

BigBamBoo

I have stopped TRT a few times. I have been as high as 240mg a week to as low as 120 a week.

Each time I have stopped cold turkey. No big “crash” or hard time.

Actually I go through a “honeymoon phase” about 3 weeks after stopping.

Everyone is different, but my way of thinking is if you want to stop, the whole PCT thing is just prolonging your natural system from coming back online.

Lozza24

I have stopped TRT a few times. I have been as high as 240mg a week to as low as 120 a week.

Each time I have stopped cold turkey. No big “crash” or hard time.

Actually I go through a “honeymoon phase” about 3 weeks after stopping.

Everyone is different, but my way of thinking is if you want to stop, the whole PCT thing is just prolonging your natural system from coming back online.
Hi mate
I'm hearing this more and more. I plan on stopping cold turkey as I can see me feeling any worse than I already do. I am expecting some increase in fatigue but am slightly nervous for a big crash that may cause depression and anxiety to worsen.

Lozza24

I stopped cold turkey after being on TRT (doseage varied from 100 mg to 200 mg a week of testosterone cypionate) for over 4 years. The recovery period was tolerable
Thanks for the reply, its very much appreciated. I think this may be the best option for me. What kind of symptoms did you have after stopping?

Novaman

Thanks for the reply, its very much appreciated. I think this may be the best option for me. What kind of symptoms did you have after stopping?
The biggest issue was fatigue. The worst was probably week 3-5 I'm not a big coffee drinker but I started drinking caffeinated products during the restart and it helped a lot. My libido also went in the crapper for a while- several months, but did come back.

Nik

The biggest issue was fatigue. The worst was probably week 3-5 I'm not a big coffee drinker but I started drinking caffeinated products during the restart and it helped a lot. My libido also went in the crapper for a while- several months, but did come back.
did you take anything to restart clomid tamox or hcg, how many months or so does it take for your libido to return?

Novaman

did you take anything to restart clomid tamox or hcg, how many months or so does it take for your libido to return?
I did it cold turkey. I have now been off for around 10 months. My libido came back at around month 5 or 6 but it still isn't great, then again, I am now 56 years old so i have no idea what is normal at this point.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me