Coming off of TRT for Labs

Buy Lab Tests Online

jwpinva

So, I want to change TRT providers, and my (potential) new doctor (a urologist) wants me to totally stop my protocol for two weeks before we do new lab work. Here's my current protocol:

40mg (0.2cc) of Testosterone Cypionate administered shallow IM on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. A total of 120mg per week.

200 IU's of HCG on the same days: Monday, Wednesday and Friday. A total of 600 IU's per week.

No AI.

I've been on this protocol for almost two years. In general, TRT has been a huge success for me; increased energy, better gym performance, higher libido, more stable mood and clearer thinking. My previous lab work had me at 833 total T and 23.2 free T.

My last dose of 40mg (0.2cc) TestC and 200 IU's of HCG was this past Monday, 8/30. My doc wants me to do blood work on Monday, 9/13.

Now my questions:

First, at what point should I expect to start feeling like trash (low energy, low libido, brain fog; etc)?

Second, assuming that I'm mostly natural shutdown (even with HCG), what should I expect my Total T and Free T to be measured after two weeks stopping my protocol cold turkey?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Why do you want to change providers when 1) you feel great on your current protocol, and 2) the new provider is forcing you to do something that you know will make you feel like crap?

Stopping TRT to get labs makes zero sense. You already know what the labs will show: little to no testosterone. It's torturing yourself for nothing. If the new provider thinks they might need to adjust your current protocol, it makes way more sense to do so using your current blood work ON TRT as a starting point.

If the new provider gets something that basic so terribly wrong, what makes you think they won't get many other things about your protocol wrong?

jwpinva

The short answer is cost.

I agree with your sentiment that it doesn't make much sense to stop cold turkey. I'm already reconsidering this course of action...except:

I currently pay for my TRT out of pocket. My (potential) new TRT provider is covered by my insurance.

Phil Goodman

The short answer is cost.

I agree with your sentiment that it doesn't make much sense to stop cold turkey. I'm already reconsidering this course of action...except:

I currently pay for my TRT out of pocket. My (potential) new TRT provider is covered by my insurance.

Sounds like he wants you to stop so he can point to lab results showing low levels to justify him writing the prescription(though I’m not sure how much it would drop in 2 weeks). Probably just part of the insurance game. Does he know your current protocol, and also do you think he will be willing to continue your script for HCG? If protocol will be the same for less it’ll be worth it. And if you are planning to try it then don’t go into it with the mindset of “when will I feel like crap”. Maybe you’ll be fine for the entire time, and if you do start feeling bad at least you know a way to fix it really quickly.

M

MarkM

Have you tried using GoodRx for your TRT prescriptions? The costs for me was much lower than trying to use my insurance. I have no used my insurance to pay for TRT prescriptions in years. Try using GoodRX and keep your current doctor.

MIP1950

Confused. Your current doctor, whom you like,is prescribing testosterone and you have to pay out of pocket? Your insurance won't cover it? If not, you can appeal. If you're diagnosed and there's an ICD-10 code or codes for your diagnosis/reason for prescribing testosterone, you have solid ground to have it covered. Whether Test C or Test E, a vial should last at least 2 months at your current dosing.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me