Clomid with an AI

Buy Lab Tests Online

JSKAV

Been lurking for a few months here, and finally have spoken with a doc and have had some labs done. Due to my interest in remaining fertile for one more kid, and my current inability to do so, the doc has suggested I start out with Clomid.

The basic treatment is:
Clomid 12.5 mg po q day X 6 weeks
Anastrozole 0.125mg po q other day X 6 weeks

My question is this, I have read quite a bit on the use of AI's and the back and forth discussion on need. If you were in my shoes, would you start taking the AI immediately, or would you wait to see signs and symptoms of high estrogen before starting to take it?

Thank you for any input that you have. Much appreciated!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JSKAV

To add a few more details, I am somewhere between 10-15% body fat.

On this study that @Nelson Vergel posted of 271 men, only 17% of those men needed an AI and they were all obese.

Conclusions
Following initiation of therapy with CC, 17% of hypogonadal men developed elevated estradiol levels, necessitating combination therapy with an aromatase inhibitor. Men requiring the addition of AZ were obese (BMI > 30 kg/m2), implicating increased peripheral aromatization of androgens to estrogens as a contributor to elevated estradiol levels in these men during CC therapy.

MarcoFL

I would not use it to start until I saw that I needed it. I use it but whenever I try to stop I just have many issues such as water retention and failure to reach orgasm. I then go back to it.

JSKAV

I tracked down and read the study and thought I would share as I disagree with the abstract's conclusion. Turns out the mean BMI for the participants was 35.0 ± 8.0 kg/m2. So the study doesn't actually say "ONLY the obese participants in this study required an AI." All of the participants would have been on the obese side of the scale, so I don't think we can really say, "implicating increased peripheral aromatization of androgens to estrogens as a contributor" with much confidence.

What do you guys think? Any guys here on clomid with a low body fat percentage and need to use an AI?

swoops36

The basics of this make sense to me; lower e2 to signal your body to make more T. Use a SERM to help accomplish that action. But I’ve read plenty of reports of ppl saying it is a bad idea. This isn’t the same as using an AI while on TRT to keep e2 at some artificial number. Seems like it would work to me

MarcoFL

I tracked down and read the study and thought I would share as I disagree with the abstract's conclusion. Turns out the mean BMI for the participants was 35.0 ± 8.0 kg/m2. So the study doesn't actually say "ONLY the obese participants in this study required an AI." All of the participants would have been on the obese side of the scale, so I don't think we can really say, "implicating increased peripheral aromatization of androgens to estrogens as a contributor" with much confidence.

What do you guys think? Any guys here on clomid with a low body fat percentage and need to use an AI?
I need to use an AI and my body fat is 15.3% so I do not fit in obese category

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching