Clomid decreaces the LH response to LH-releasing hormone? (Study)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Kimpe

I've been on clomid mono for roughly a year now, and been trying to quit it. Today I found this study:

Hormonal effects of an antiestrogen, tamoxifen, in normal and oligospermic men - PubMed

However, whereas Clomid produced a decrease in the LH response to LH-releasing hormone (LHRH), no such effect was seen after the administration of tamoxifen. In fact, prolonged treatment (6 weeks) with tamoxifen significantly increased the LH response to LHRL.
So it seems that clomid might actually hurt my ability to be without trt? After all I'm trying to help my body produce more LH to get more testosterone, and apparently clomid will hinder my body's ability to take take advantage of the LH completely.

Any thoughts on this?

In theory, wouldn't this mean that it could be beneficial to switch to tamoxifen for a while, before coming off completely? I do have some in hand, but it made me feel so bad last time I tried it that Idk if it's worth it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

bixt

Bodybuilders who cycle have all pretty much moved over to nolvadex for PCT as it anecdotally subjectively has a faster time to recovery with less side effects.

Nonetheless, I recommend just quitting the clomid as your HPTA is surely functioning well right now and well primed to resume on its own.

Dont overthink this.

Kimpe

Bodybuilders who cycle have all pretty much moved over to nolvadex for PCT as it anecdotally subjectively has a faster time to recovery with less side effects.

Nonetheless, I recommend just quitting the clomid as your HPTA is surely functioning well right now and well primed to resume on its own.

Dont overthink this.
True, I doubt there is any more benefit regarding recovery, from continuing clomid.

I've tried coming off, but everything goes to sh*t when I do so. My blood pressure goes up, I start getting a lot more heart palpitations I normally do, I get so tired that it's crazy.
I was one month without clomid and my test was just barely over the bottom range.
I know I could see if things improve if I wait for like 6 months, but Idk why they would, since surely clomid has awaken my HPTA as much as it can be awekened.

jkp062814

My endocrinologist had me on Clomid monotherapy for several years to maintain fertility. I think my dosage was maybe 25mg or 50mg weekly. Kept my levels in the middle of the normal range but I didn't experience any symptom relief. After having two healthy sons, my wife and I decided we did not wish to have any more children. Doc put me on 100mg weekly Test Cyp injections starting in January of this year, and my Lord, the symptom relief has been incredible.

I've read posts from others who have said that Clomid helps with symptoms, but now seeing what Test Cyp has done, I can say without a doubt that Clomid did nothing for me other than keep my labs within normal ranges and maintain fertility.

jkp062814

25mg to 50mg clomid per week is nothing. Why bother. I take 50mg Clomid and now Enclomiphene 4x a week. Also taking hcg though. It is working for me.
That low dosage kept my total T in the 750-900 range while maintaining fertility. I wanted to take as little as necessary due to the unknown long-term potential side effects it may have in men. That is all I took, I never tried HCG. I also "thought" that it was alleviating some of my low T symptoms, but now that I've experienced a relatively moderate weekly dose of Test Cypionate for 7 months or so, I realize that any alleviation of symptoms while taking Clomid was purely a placebo effect, at least for me. Everyone responds differently to things, I've learned that to be true.

Kimpe

That low dosage kept my total T in the 750-900 range while maintaining fertility. I wanted to take as little as necessary due to the unknown long-term potential side effects it may have in men. That is all I took, I never tried HCG. I also "thought" that it was alleviating some of my low T symptoms, but now that I've experienced a relatively moderate weekly dose of Test Cypionate for 7 months or so, I realize that any alleviation of symptoms while taking Clomid was purely a placebo effect, at least for me. Everyone responds differently to things, I've learned that to be true.
Yeah low dose is the way to go. There are even studies showing that low dose was almost as effective at stimulating testosterone than higher doses, with obviously less sides.

I did 12,5mg eod and even that definitely made me feel better than being without it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me