Clinical Utility of Treating Patients with Compounded “Bioidentical” Hormone Therapy (BHT).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

bbex2014

Our access to compounded medications and access to hormones is potentially in jeopardy. I have been creating threads on other forums about my worries regarding just this for the last couple months. The attack on masculinity, comedian John Oliver even did a piece on the dangers of compounded pharmacies.

xqfq

The website says “Comments to NASEM should be sent before September 30th.“ I wonder if it’s now too late to give feedback?

One thing I wonder is:

Is it some kind of legal requirement that the telemedicine HRT clinics must use compounding pharmacies to send controlled substances? If compounded testosterone was no longer available, would telemedicine clinics like Defy have to close shop?

bbex2014

I'm not sure about that man, but even more than that it will put super tight restrictions on physicians and only those with below "normal" levels will even be able to get prescribed testosterone. I'm on a couple private trt and hormone facebook groups, With about 20 top notch providers from around the country , and they all are saying this looks like the beginning of the end. They could see a lot of guys having to get their testosterone and other meds illegally and this is how the system creates criminals. It sucks too, because the switch I mad to the 200 mg/ml compounded cream has really done so much for my quality of life, and it looks like that could be going away unless the providers are able to fight back enough. The prescribing physicians are getting their licenses revoked left and right though.

xqfq

I guess my question is: why are all of the TRT clinics and telemedicine clinics using compounded products? There must be a reason.

Do they make more money that way? Is it because non-compounded testosterone is too expensive? I know compounded HCG is much less expensive compared to non-compounded.

As a note, I’m very happy with Empower Pharmacy.

bbex2014

I'm pretty sure that the prices are the main reason, but compounded pharmacies make special formulations of meds unique to the individual if need be. For example, there is scrotal cream called androforte cream at 5% testosterone I believe that is commercially available. But 5% is too low, so compound pharmacies make a 20% testosterone cream at 200 mg/ml. The ability for us to get the unique formulations at very good prices would be gone as I see it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

bbex2014

Does anyone here have any knowledge about the specifics of this situation regarding the access to our compounded hrt meds? A lot of us use defy, maybe someone with defy could inform us of anything serious they have heard?

bbex2014

Would love to hear Dr Saya on this, if he would be allowed to divulge any info of course. I've just heard enough docs on other forums that have been in this hormone optimization field for a long time say that this appears as the beginning of the end for compounded prescriptions if something drastic doesn't change. Defy has a huge following and they are damn good at what they do, who better to hear from on the matter.

bbex2014

I wish you were right my man, but just look at the link I posted at the top of the page. Medquest is one of the best compounded pharmacies in the US as well. Would it really surprise anyone that big pharma would prefer you be forced to buy more expensive commercially available fda approved meds? This is something to take very seriously and definitely not fake news. For the record, I am far from a left leaning pussy, but I happen to love my compounded test cream lol

They’re constantly trying to pinch the compounding pharmacies. As noted above, important distinction between 503a and 503b. The reputable 503b pharmacies (and most of their respective products) aren’t going anywhere, though they are under constant pressure from multiple angles (essential copy disputes, “do not compound” list modifications, big pharma intimidation tactics, etc). On a related note, the FDA recently placed GHRPs on the category 3 “do not compound” list. My team is sending out a notification this week regarding same. By the end of the year any compounding pharmacy still producing GHRP 2 and GHRP 6 will be in violation. Notably, this does NOT apply to ipamorelin or GHRH (sermorelin).

bbex2014

Thanks xqfq and Dr Saya for your valued input. I wish the FDA would focus more on the FDA approved drugs that are destroying people's lives left and right, but we all know what it's about. I can just see it like 10 years from now where you literally have to be neutered to be eligible for trt lol I truly hope that with all of us and the millions of others being optimized are creating a tidal wave too big to stop.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me