Check Your Blood Pressure (looking for volunteers)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Fortunate

I just posted some thoughts on blood pressure in this thread, and thought the topic was important enough to start its own thread. Please feel free to merge this thread with another if it already exists. I am looking for volunteers willing to watch their blood pressure.

I have started to observe more closely the connection between TRT and effects on the cardiovascular system. Personally, I have noticed a much more forceful heartbeat around the time of an injection and have also noticed a bump in blood pressure after injecting. I still have some homework to do on what is known in the current literature, but I am starting to believe that testosterone can be a strong beta agonist, perhaps more so in some guys than others.

I don't think it's helfpful to watch blood pressure obsessively, but if you take 1-2 measurements a day, you may notice changes around injection day. I think those who do frequent, low doses are less likely to see any trend, but those who do larger doses may see something. If you are willing, it may be beneficial for us to track blood pressure for a little while and report back here.

I really like this cuff. My wife and I both use it and can track our bp independently by syncing to an app.

Thanks for anyone willing to support this anecdotal adventure!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I checked my blood pressure this morning about an hour after injecting. I do daily injections so maybe I shouldn't be part of the study. My blood pressure does change daily this morning. It was really good.

2/3/22. 106/66 pulse 61

Cooper

I checked my blood pressure this morning about an hour after injecting. I do daily injections so maybe I shouldn't be part of the study. My blood pressure does change daily this morning. It was really good.

2/3/22. 106/66 pulse 61
Wow Vince - your BP is great

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I weigh myself daily in the morning after voiding. I gain 2 pounds of water the day after injection. My BP goes up slightly also.

My BP has never been great even when I was young. My average is 135/85. My BMI is high at 33 due to my muscle mass.

But sometimes it’s hard to tell. Dinner macros also affect water retention. Off days from the gym also compound the issue.

I am 63 years old and on T for over 34 years, so I am not your typical patient.

I take Losartan daily and a diuretic twice per week.

My diet is not the best right now.

I have always had “high” BPM averaging 80.

Calcium score is 100. Not great at all but people like me with long term HIV average even higher scores.

eGFR has always been good, so that makes me feel a little safer since high BP affects kidney function.

Lipids have always been good except for times in the past when I used nandrolone or oxandrolone. Both decrease HDL.

I get this test done twice per year in case.

Once per year I get an EKG and stress test.

I have strong family history of heart disease and health conditions that make me prone to cardiovascular disease.

BP is definitely my most important concern.

High BP cannot only impact cardiovascular and kidney health but is also a strong indicator for dementia later in life.

Fortunate

I weigh myself daily in the morning after voiding. I gain 2 pounds of water the day after injection. My BP goes up slightly also.

My BP has never been great even when I was young. My average is 135/85. My BMI is high at 33 due to my muscle mass.

But sometimes it’s hard to tell. Dinner macros also affect water retention. Off days from the gym also compound the issue.

I am 63 years old and on T for over 34 years, so I am not your typical patient.

I take Losartan daily and a diuretic twice per week.

My diet is not the best right now.

I have always had “high” BPM averaging 80.

Calcium score is 100. Not great at all but people like me with long term HIV average even higher scores.

eGFR has always been good, so that makes me feel a little safer since high BP affects kidney function.

Lipids have always been good except for times in the past when I used nandrolone or oxandrolone. Both decrease HDL.

I get this test done twice per year in case.

Once per year I get an EKG and stress test.

I have strong family history of heart disease and health conditions that make me prone to cardiovascular disease.

BP is definitely my most important concern.

High BP cannot only impact cardiovascular and kidney health but is also a strong indicator for dementia later in life.
@Nelson Vergel, thanks for sharing. You are a great example of someone being proactive about their health.

Do you ever discuss with your internist either increasing Losartan dose or maybe trying a different class (beta blocker or other)?

Gladiator

29th January after shot.

Second photo is today

Attachments

• 3D98D70D-1144-450A-82A1-FD81902F03DF.jpeg
    3D98D70D-1144-450A-82A1-FD81902F03DF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • 2843E01D-3CA1-438D-883E-08A5462282B7.jpeg
    2843E01D-3CA1-438D-883E-08A5462282B7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30

Fortunate

29th January after shot.

Second photo is today
These numbers are perfect, assuming you don't feel light headed. Your HR is a little high in the first reading. Were you dehydrated? Do you take a BP med?

Since starting a beta blocker, my numbers are for sure better, but still not perfect.

Thanks for posting.

KevinS

My BP was up after my knee replacement/recovery a year ago and hasn't returned to 'normal' - on T last 6 months didn't seem to make a difference. Running high 130s/80s when I track at home, but I pulled a couple high 140s/80s in the Docs office, so they are concerned given some of my other risks. I was hoping it would go down and get a little more normal if I get back to a normal weight.

Gladiator

These numbers are perfect, assuming you don't feel light headed. Your HR is a little high in the first reading. Were you dehydrated? Do you take a BP med?

Since starting a beta blocker, my numbers are for sure better, but still not perfect.

Thanks for posting.
Tadalafil 2.5mg at night
Vitamin D
Zinc
Vitamin B
Half an aspirin
When I used to scuba dive I would use the tank in half the time as the people I dived with. So I guess my heart rate has always been high. I sweat just watching tv.

Fortunate

Tadalafil 2.5mg at night
Vitamin D
Zinc
Vitamin B
Half an aspirin
When I used to scuba dive I would use the tank in half the time as the people I dived with. So I guess my heart rate has always been high. I sweat just watching tv.
Really? Does your PCP know about this?

Gladiator

The sweating is the same for my son. At 4 years old he would sweat eating his lunch. Had all the tests done but I will ask my doctor on Monday to see what happens

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me