Chart showing rise in E2 with T injection?

Buy Lab Tests Online

MMarvel

Howdy - wondering if someone could point me towards a chart or resource that shows an approximation of the rate at which T gets metabolized into E2. For example: If I inject 80mg T Cyp at 8am Monday, what does my E2 look like at 4 hours post-injection, 12 hours, 1 day, 2 days, etc.

Forgive me if this is already available on the site, but I couldn't find it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Graham

It’s hard to say because everyone is different, it would be cool if aromatization was that predictable because it would make things much simpler. There could be info out there with rough estimates for the majority of us

Cataceous

Super Moderator
The simplest model is one saying that serum estradiol is proportional to serum testosterone. The normal constant of proportionality is in the range of 0.3 to 0.6%. Various things can change the constant of proportionality. For me, using hCG pushes the proportionality from about 0.5% to 0.7%. A somewhat more sophisticated model is described in this work.
In all cases, the combined data exhibited curvilinear relationships that were well described by a rectangular hyperbolae, Y = A X/ (B + X), consistent with a saturable conversion of testosterone to metabolite governed by Michaelis-Menten kinetics ...
If you are motivated then you can use your data to find the best fit for the A and B constants. I've done this with pretty decent results.

A further incremental improvement is to base the calculation for total estradiol on the amount of free testosterone, which is what actually aromatizes.

Of course to make use of any of this you still need to describe your particular pharmacokinetics for testosterone cypionate. If you have to measure your serum testosterone at all of the time points of interest then you might as well just measure estradiol too.

If you just want to get a general sense of how serum levels might change over time then plug your dose data into SteroidPlotter - Graph your cycle

RickB

The simplest model is one saying that serum estradiol is proportional to serum testosterone. The normal constant of proportionality is in the range of 0.3 to 0.6%. Various things can change the constant of proportionality. For me, using hCG pushes the proportionality from about 0.5% to 0.7%. A somewhat more sophisticated model is described in this work.
In all cases, the combined data exhibited curvilinear relationships that were well described by a rectangular hyperbolae, Y = A X/ (B + X), consistent with a saturable conversion of testosterone to metabolite governed by Michaelis-Menten kinetics ...
If you are motivated then you can use your data to find the best fit for the A and B constants. I've done this with pretty decent results.

A further incremental improvement is to base the calculation for total estradiol on the amount of free testosterone, which is what actually aromatizes.

Of course to make use of any of this you still need to describe your particular pharmacokinetics for testosterone cypionate. If you have to measure your serum testosterone at all of the time points of interest then you might as well just measure estradiol too.

If you just want to get a general sense of how serum levels might change over time then plug your dose data into SteroidPlotter - Graph your cycle
Doesn't the proportionality change depending on how much you're injecting? Wouldn't 200mg have a higher percentage of aromatization than 50mg?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Doesn't the proportionality change depending on how much you're injecting? Wouldn't 200mg have a higher percentage of aromatization than 50mg?
The proportionality will hold pretty well at lower doses. At higher and less physiological doses you will start to see saturation effects—as in the Michaelis-Menten model, which means that the incremental increases in estradiol are lower than expected. Effectively the constant of proportionality becomes lower with higher serum testosterone. This is because the amount of aromatase is fairly constant, and as testosterone increases the aromatase is increasingly tied up, and thus is less efficient in converting additional testosterone to estradiol.

With respect to your example, a 200 mg dose will present with a lower percent of aromatization than a 50 mg dose.

RickB

The proportionality will hold pretty well at lower doses. At higher and less physiological doses you will start to see saturation effects—as in the Michaelis-Menten model, which means that the incremental increases in estradiol are lower than expected. Effectively the constant of proportionality becomes lower with higher serum testosterone. This is because the amount of aromatase is fairly constant, and as testosterone increases the aromatase is increasingly tied up, and thus is less efficient in converting additional testosterone to estradiol.

With respect to your example, a 200 mg dose will present with a lower percent of aromatization than a 50 mg dose.
Then dividing our doses and injecting more frequently has no benefit as far as aromatization?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Then dividing our doses and injecting more frequently has no benefit as far as aromatization?
On the contrary. The peak levels of estradiol have importance that is independent of average levels. Thus if you inject 100 mg of TC once a week then your estradiol goes considerably higher than if you take 50 mg twice a week, even though total estradiol produced each week is a little lower with the single large dose. Anecdotally it appears that guys have more problems with larger swings in hormones over multiple days—compared to relatively stable levels. Thus dividing the doses and injecting more frequently is a common strategy for improving TRT.

DS3

DS3

On the contrary. The peak levels of estradiol have importance that is independent of average levels. Thus if you inject 100 mg of TC once a week then your estradiol goes considerably higher than if you take 50 mg twice a week, even though total estradiol produced each week is a little lower with the single large dose. Anecdotally it appears that guys have more problems with larger swings in hormones over multiple days—compared to relatively stable levels. Thus dividing the doses and injecting more frequently is a common strategy for improving TRT.
This begs an important question for me. Would this mean that splitting your dosage into smaller daily or EOD T dosing results in obviously lower peak estradiol concentrations, yet a lowered ratio between testosterone and estradiol given the saturation effect at higher dosages?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
This begs an important question for me. Would this mean that splitting your dosage into smaller daily or EOD T dosing results in obviously lower peak estradiol concentrations, yet a lowered ratio between testosterone and estradiol given the saturation effect at higher dosages?
Consider some extremes: daily injections versus weekly injections of testosterone cypionate with the same total weekly dose. Suppose that the daily injections yield fairly constant serum testosterone at about 600 ng/dL. Using the figures for young men in the paper I referenced above we find estradiol is 23 pg/mL and the aromatization rate is 0.39%. With these results, it would not be unusual for a single large weekly injection to yield a trough testosterone of around 350 ng/dL and a peak of around 850 ng/dL. The implication for estradiol is that saturation effects are more noticeable in the first part of the injection cycle, being most prominent at the peak and declining from there. At the peak, total estradiol is 30 pg/mL and the aromatization rate is indeed lower, at 0.36%. At the trough, estradiol is 15 pg/mL and the aromatization rate rises to 0.43%.

With weekly injections the aromatization rate is lower during the period of high estradiol. This means total estradiol produced each week is a little lower than with frequent injections. This is mainly of academic interest, because the effects of high peaks and low troughs in estradiol surely dwarf the effects of small variations in total production.

In this example the variation in the aromatization rate with weekly injections isn't extreme, going from 0.36% to 0.43%. Nonetheless, I can imagine that it could cause problems for more sensitive individuals, and in particular for those with low SHBG.

Of course then you can get into this question of why natural daily variation in testosterone and estradiol doesn't cause trouble. One hypothesis I'd toss out is that when testosterone varies relatively rapidly like that then the estradiol response is muted. The longer half-life of estradiol in serum might prevent peaks from being as high as when testosterone is varying more slowly, yet reaching the same peak and trough levels.

Eagleface

It doesn't matter, Estradiol is an intacrine hormone, as your T goes up so should E, and the body makes sure that your organs have sufficient E. With E, you can't worry about the "range" since the lab ranges were not determined based on men on TRT.
Let your E go where it wants to.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
It doesn't matter, Estradiol is an intacrine hormone, as your T goes up so should E, and the body makes sure that your organs have sufficient E. With E, you can't worry about the "range" since the lab ranges were not determined based on men on TRT.
Let your E go where it wants to.
What you leave out is that the reference ranges give an indication of what's physiological. Guys on TRT are perfectly capable of maintaining such levels. Just because some guys overdose on testosterone doesn't mean they need new lab ranges. The existing ones serve to remind them of their excess, be it in testosterone, estradiol, or both.

Eagleface

The reference for Testosterone is also “physiological “ between 250-850, depending on the Lab.
I need to be 1200’s and/or higher and free T also above “physiological “ to achieve symptom resolution, so my E2 needs to be higher also, besides what can be measured with blood work is only what spills into serum after the organs’ receptors get their fill.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
The reference for Testosterone is also “physiological “ between 250-850, depending on the Lab.
I need to be 1200’s and/or higher and free T also above “physiological “ to achieve symptom resolution, so my E2 needs to be higher also, besides what can be measured with blood work is only what spills into serum after the organs’ receptors get their fill.
Your estradiol may "need" to be higher to balance the excessive testosterone, but the long-term safety of high absolute levels is uncertain. Your phrasing on estradiol production makes it sound like serum levels are practically random. On the contrary, testosterone production is regulated by the hypothalamus and pituitary to produce the body's desired global level of (free) estradiol. With serum testosterone over 1,200 ng/dL your estradiol is nowhere near your natural set point.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me