CDC's Clinical Standardization Programs: Free Testosterone soon to be!

Buy Lab Tests Online
T

tareload

Previously I think you stated that most guys seemed to do well with FT in the 20/30 ng/dl range. That would seem to be confirmed by the new numbers.
That is not the message I got at all. The ref range for this sample was 12 to 37 ng/dl (19-39) and 7 to 31 ng/dl (all men = 145). So there is huge gap on fT between young and old. Taking this data and saying most would be fine at 20-30 ng/dl is a stretch.

Also the %fT gap at constant SHBG either explained by albumin difference (I would be shocked) or there is a lot more to this story.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

jacb

I mentioned this numerous times in previous threads way back!
Ahh the joys of teaching … if only “students” were 100% attentive and retained every word you said.

Madman as a moderator you probably spend VERY much more time on the forum than the average user. The rest of us have issues and come to the forum to try and find answers ….. most will miss things, we simply don’t have the time available to do the amount of reading/research you do as a moderator. Like a library visit, you ask for help from the librarian and hopefully they will help.

I asked about the ED and the aim of FT re TRT treatment… I assume your comment above referrers to the ED Test Assay?

Last edited:

jacb

That is not the message I got at all. The ref range for this sample was 12 to 37 ng/dl (19-39) and 7 to 31 ng/dl (all men = 145). So there is huge gap on fT between young and old. Taking this data and saying most would be fine at 20-30 ng/dl is a stretch.
Readalot

You may have missed my point. The amount of T we take while on TRT is governed by how we feel and increasingly what our test result show when we feel good. That becomes our sweet spot or aiming point as an indervidual.

My question was …. If a reliable, accurate and consistent Free Testosterone test was available to us all. Would we consider (all things being equal) adjusting our Testosterone intake according to our FT results rather than our Total Testosterone results? If the answer was yes, then the question would be what should we use as a starting point range? Nobody would aim for the low value with low T symptoms, neither would they wish to be at the absolute top value. So the median range of 20/30 ng/dl might make a very appropriate starting point And this seems to be confirmed by Madman’s comment/observations/experience along with the new figures.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Ahh the joys of teaching … if only “students” were 100% attentive and retained every word you said.

Madman as a moderator you probably spend VERY much more time on the forum than the average user. The rest of us have issues and come to the forum to try and find answers ….. most will miss things, we simply don’t have the time available to do the amount of reading/research you do as a moderator. Like a library visit, you ask help from the librarian and hopefully they will help you.

I asked about the ED and the aim of FT re TRT treatment… I assume your comment above referrers to the ED Test Assay?

It's all good!

Yes.

T

tareload

Madman as a moderator you probably spend VERY much more time on the forum than the average user. The rest of us have issues and come to the forum to try and find answers ….. most will miss things, we simply don’t have the time available to do the amount of reading/research you do as a moderator. Like a library visit, you ask help from the librarian and hopefully they will help you.

@Nelson Vergel ...aren't all the Mods on here just very altruistic volunteers that help with the site?

I was under the impression they sure were not employees and hence @madman does this stuff out of interest. He ain't the damn librarian here like it is his job or something at the help desk. No?

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tareload

Readalot

You may have missed my point. The amount of T we take while on TRT is governed by how we feel and increasingly what our test result show when we feel good. That becomes our sweet spot or aiming point as an indervidual.

My question was …. If a reliable, accurate and consistent Free Testosterone test was available to us all. Would we consider (all things being equal) adjusting our Testosterone intake according to our FT results rather than our Total Testosterone results? If the answer was yes, then the question would be what do we use as a starting point range. Nobody would aim for the low value with symptom, neither would they wish to be on the absolute top value. So the median range of 20/30 ng/dl might make a very appropriate starting point.
50 percentile was 14 ng/dl for all men group and 19 ng/dl for 19-39 year olds. Understand and agree with your words. So if you wanted to target a specific range say 25 to 75 percentile you could.

Never heard of and don't know what a median range is. There is a median value for both groups above. May or may not be equal to mean.

jacb

50 percentile was 14 ng/dl for all men group and 19 ng/dl for 19-39 year olds. Understand and agree with your words. So if you wanted to target a specific range say 25 to 75 percentile you could.

Never heard of and don't know what a median range is. There is a median value for both groups above. May or may not be equal to mean.
I think we are saying the same thing using different words. The issue is if one was to adjust testosterone intake based on FT, what would one aim for at the outset?

For example, my last FT according to TruT (from memory) wad 34 ng/dl taking 105 mg per week (IM EOD) ... maybe I could reduce further if this logic is valid? It seems to me that the FT levels are far more relevant to our physiology than total testosterone .... but I am not an expert and I am here to learn, as I beleive we all are.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me