Case Study: Absorption of Testosterone Cream via Scrotal Delivery

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Case Study: Absorption of Testosterone Cream via Scrotal Delivery.

Needham S1, Needham S2.
1Moses Lake Professional Pharmacy, Moses Lake, Washington. 2Alturas Analytics in Moscow, Idaho.

Abstract

Transdermal testosterone has been used for years to treat patients with low testosterone symptoms. Clinically, we have monitored patients to evaluate results of testosterone absorption via blood serum concentrations. The data on multiple time points to determine trough and peak concentrations is lacking in the literature. In this case study, we demonstrate the absorption of testosterone cream via scrotal delivery. The data suggests that after application therapeutic levels are reached with concentrations of (1204.7 ng/dL) within two hours. Additionally, consistent concentrations (1320.6 ng/dL) remain beyond six hours. To our knowledge, this is the first study to collect and measure multiple time points for testosterone via transdermal delivery. The research indicates that testosterone via transdermal delivery is an excellent method to achieve therapeutic concentrations of testosterone. Most importantly, the patient's symptoms resolved without side effects.

PMID: 30384346

scrotal testosterone.jpg

Case Study: Absorption of Testosterone Cream via Scrotal Delivery. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
The application, with me for DHT, works dramatically well. I've documented it 2 hrs post application of 25mg and seen my DHT ~100 on a 16-79 scale. I return to baseline 24hrs later which is ~40 on the same scale.
If I weren't on injections I'd really look at transdermal scrotal delivery as my sole protocol.

Obviously a lots of benefits but too much seems risky. In spite of IM adm. I wonder if scrotal application can be added on a bit only when needed or a few times a week to boost ones libido to avoid having a constant high level.
My last DHT lab was 1,31 ng/mL ( 0,60--3,10)

tomas

I was doing test cream on my scrotum per a doctor and my DHT went THROUGH THE ROOF
315 ng/dL Reference Range: Adult Male: 30 - 85

Dosage was 1/2 gram 20% cream EOD
Free Testosterone 8.4 pg/mL Reference Range: 6.8-21.5
Total Testosterone 330ng/dL Reference Range: 348-1197

Looks like all the testosterone converted to DHT

Started injections DHT went back to normal

Last edited:

BFAgerli

There have been other studies showing that absorption is 3-5x on the scrotum vs. other sites, so this isn’t surprising.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that their baseline levels were already 500ng/dL so the increase was only 700ng/dL, which would probably be different from someone already on TRT for a while with a close to zero baseline.

DragonBits

Case Study: Absorption of Testosterone Cream via Scrotal Delivery.

Needham S1, Needham S2.
1Moses Lake Professional Pharmacy, Moses Lake, Washington. 2Alturas Analytics in Moscow, Idaho.

Abstract

Transdermal testosterone has been used for years to treat patients with low testosterone symptoms. Clinically, we have monitored patients to evaluate results of testosterone absorption via blood serum concentrations. The data on multiple time points to determine trough and peak concentrations is lacking in the literature. In this case study, we demonstrate the absorption of testosterone cream via scrotal delivery. The data suggests that after application therapeutic levels are reached with concentrations of (1204.7 ng/dL) within two hours. Additionally, consistent concentrations (1320.6 ng/dL) remain beyond six hours. To our knowledge, this is the first study to collect and measure multiple time points for testosterone via transdermal delivery. The research indicates that testosterone via transdermal delivery is an excellent method to achieve therapeutic concentrations of testosterone. Most importantly, the patient's symptoms resolved without side effects.

PMID: 30384346

View attachment 6185

Case Study: Absorption of Testosterone Cream via Scrotal Delivery. - PubMed - NCBI

madman, when I look at the link, I don't see the graph. Is that available somehow? This is an abstract, does that mean there is a more detailed report somewhere?

Also, they only measured TT, one application and tested 3 times post delivery?

madman

Super Moderator
Regardless of the benefits of twice daily scrotal application as far as trt methods which most closely mimic the 24 hr circadian rhythm of endogenous testosterone of a healthy young male only the patch or transdermal (once daily application) do this and the title would go to the T patch applied before bed

Applying a transdermal more than once daily as in AM/PM you have just tossed this out the window!

Crisler prefers transdermal applied once daily over any other method due to this reason (mimicking the 24 hr circadian rhythm).

madman

Super Moderator
madman, when I look at the link, I don't see the graph. Is that available somehow? This is an abstract, does that mean there is a more detailed report somewhere?

Also, they only measured TT, one application and tested 3 times post delivery?

Nelson worked the magic regarding the graph!

I am not aware of a more detailed report at this time.

It was only a case report (one individual).

skycop00

As I have stated previously, I have been on Scrotal application 2x daily for about 3 months and having used all delivery (too include DMSO in T base back in the day but except pellets), I can say without reservation that this protocol is my absolute hands down favorite. Feel great in all areas, have no fluctuations I can notice and easy to titrate if the need arises. Can't say enough good things frankly! I don't chase E2 or SHBG at all!

eli

noob maybe dumb question, when you guys say scrotal, you mean rubbing the gel on your penis? or ballsack? or groins lol

eli

LMAO.... BALLZ!!!! No alcohol gels... Lipoderm cream or Atrevis gel.. see here:

why not gels? Other than it may burn a bit, what else is no good about gels on my ballz?
what about the penis itself? can one rob one off with a penis cream? Might as well enjoy TRT more lol

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
The aim of this study was to define the pharmacokinetics of testosterone delivered via the scrotal skin route. The study was a single‐center, three‐phase cross‐over pharmacokinetic study of three single doses (12.5, 25, 50 mg) of testosterone cream administered in random sequence on different days with at least 2 days between doses to healthy eugonadal volunteers with endogenous testosterone suppressed by administration of nandrolone decanoate. Serum testosterone, DHT and estradiol concentrations were measured by liquid chromatograpy, mass spectrometry in extracts of serum taken before and for 16 h after administration of each of the three doses of testosterone cream to the scrotal skin. Testosterone administration onto the scrotal skin produced a swift (peak 1.9–2.8 h), dose‐dependent (p < 0.0001) increase in serum testosterone with the 25 mg dose maintaining physiological levels for 16 h. Serum DHT displayed a time‐ (p < 0.0001), but not dose‐dependent, increase in concentration reaching a peak concentration of 1.2 ng/mL (4.1 nm) at 4.9 h which was delayed by 2 h after peak serum testosterone. There were no significant changes in serum estradiol over time after testosterone administration. We conclude that testosterone administration to scrotal skin is well tolerated and produces dose‐dependent peak serum testosterone concentration with a much lower dose relative to the non‐scrotal transdermal route.

"The bioavailability of testosterone via the scrotal skin is striking higher than for abdominal skin. Using the same testosterone cream and steroid LC‐MS assay measurements, in this study a Cmax (4.6 ng/mL, 16.0 nm) was achieved with the lowest dose (12.5 mg) applied to the scrotal skin whereas applying 100 mg testosterone cream to the abdominal skin produced a Cmax of 16.3 nmol/L (4.7 ng/mL). This suggests an about eightfold increase in testosterone bioavailability, using the scrotal compared with abdominal skin routes. "

"Testosterone administration to the scrotal skin also produced a marked rise in serum DHT following each testosterone dose, but neither the time of peak nor the peak DHT concentration were dose dependent."

Source:
Pharmacokinetics of testosterone cream applied to scrotal skin
R. Iyer
Andrology. Volume5, Issue4
July 2017
Pages 725-731

scrotal testosterone cream.jpg

scrotal testosterone cream DHT.jpg

scrotum testosterone estradiol.jpg

WhatSayYou89

As I have stated previously, I have been on Scrotal application 2x daily for about 3 months and having used all delivery (too include DMSO in T base back in the day but except pellets), I can say without reservation that this protocol is my absolute hands down favorite. Feel great in all areas, have no fluctuations I can notice and easy to titrate if the need arises. Can't say enough good things frankly! I don't chase E2 or SHBG at all!

Did you do once daily scrotal applications at all? If so what were the changes that you noticed between the 2?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me