Cant donate due to low iron

Buy Lab Tests Online
I've found myself in a jam. Hematocrit is not really high, but its high enough to be causing symptoms. My iron is low, and so is my copper. I inject 100mg a week, and wondering if I cut that to 50mg a week, would that help without raising hematocrit even further. Im at 48% and and hemoglobin is 15.3 I know many will say thats not high, but when I get close to 50%, I started feeling like shit.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator

Blackhawk

I've found myself in a jam. Hematocrit is not really high, but its high enough to be causing symptoms. My iron is low, and so is my copper. I inject 100mg a week, and wondering if I cut that to 50mg a week, would that help without raising hematocrit even further. Im at 48% and and hemoglobin is 15.3 I know many will say thats not high, but when I get close to 50%, I started feeling like shit.

Why do you think your symptoms are due to HCT HGB besides just the lab numbers? What about the rest of your labs, and what remains untested?

You could be right, but there are many other metabolic/physiological processes going on in your body. What other possible causes could there be?

Cutting from 100 to 50mg/ week would probably be a nightmare. 50mg/week may not even give you enough for normal-good free T. You have not shared enough here about your complete labs and protocol.

fifty

48 really isn't that high. Was was it before TRT?

Wolverine

My HCT was at 57 last labs (and I do have symptoms). 48 is not too bad. How much water do you drink? Very important to hydrate while on TRT. I try to drink a gallon of water a day.

JimGainz

Increasing frequency of injections will help with managing HCT. Try lowering dowse to 90mg and inject M/W/F.

also, what you may feel as elevating HCT could also be estrogen-related symptoms. I say this b/c I always had creeping HCT and donated every 3 months religiously. Due to Covid, I had to wait 8 months and had feelings of tingling, flushing, sweating - which always told me I was due for a blood donation - and HC was getting around 49. This time I had the same feeling but HCT was only 47 (after switching to EOD injections) but Estradiol was 80. Started an AI again and problem solved.

LEECHIPTURNER

Hi Vince, if iron is low, why use an iron chelator like IP6, which doesn't help the HCT problem, but makes the iron deficiency worse? Just curious...

LEECHIPTURNER

My HCT was at 57 last labs (and I do have symptoms). 48 is not too bad. How much water do you drink? Very important to hydrate while on TRT. I try to drink a gallon of water a day.
Wolverine, what symptoms did you have? My HCT is 54 right now. BP is ok, HR is ok. I do have a blistering headache, however. Trying to lower HCT with naringenin, grapefruit every day, and cutting my T dose. I'm also iron deficient (TIBC 450, ferritin 13), so can't donate blood.

Wolverine

Wolverine, what symptoms did you have? My HCT is 54 right now. BP is ok, HR is ok. I do have a blistering headache, however. Trying to lower HCT with naringenin, grapefruit every day, and cutting my T dose. I'm also iron deficient (TIBC 450, ferritin 13), so can't donate blood.
Shortness of breath mainly, flush (especially when working out), my resting heart rate went from 65 to 80, ED. Need better blood flow and thinner blood for ED. Cutting T dose and increasing frequency. I'm trying Naringin too. Drinking a gallon of water a day.

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi Vince, if iron is low, why use an iron chelator like IP6, which doesn't help the HCT problem, but makes the iron deficiency worse? Just curious...
I’ve never used IP6. According to the thread shouldn’t help both? It looks like a very interesting supplement. What do you think?

BuzzSaw

Shortness of breath mainly, flush (especially when working out), my resting heart rate went from 65 to 80, ED. Need better blood flow and thinner blood for ED. Cutting T dose and increasing frequency. I'm trying Naringin too. Drinking a gallon of water a day.
Re shortness of breath; you may be B12 deficent. I cycle and was out of breath and gasping for air sometimes, then started injecting B12 and now fine.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me