Can Vitamin D injections cause insomnia?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Alive

So I was deficient in Vitamin D (25.8 in 30-100 and that in the summer). I told my doctor that taking high doses of D causes me fatigue (I'm not alone if you search the internet). So he suggested injectable vitamin D. I did my first injection on Tuesday with a dose of 12500 IU, IM and from Wednesday on I've been waking up around 2 am with difficulty getting back to sleep.

I was told that it takes time for the vitamin to get out of the fat molecules into my bloodstream. However to my meager understanding this exodus is constant so my blood vitamin D levels will be high, day and night for a few days after an injection. This is unlike taking oral supplements in which most of the vitamin is absorbed fast. Right?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I would assume they're injecting vitamin D2 not vitamin D3? Sometimes your body can react to vitamin D like it's a sunshine and will keep you awake.

M

MarkM

You might need to supplement with Magnesium?

Anxiety from Vitamin D? Find Out the Solution Here
"Are you having problems with getting anxiety from Vitamin D? This also includes feelings of hyperactivity, mania, jitteriness and insomnia as well as anxiety? Well you've come to the right place to get a SOLUTION to this unnerving problem. The first thing that you need to know about getting anxiety after taking vitamin d is that is is NOT an overdose. Even if you've taken 'a lot' ................."

https://www.easy-immune-health.com/anxiety-from-vitamin-d.html

Vince

Super Moderator
You might need to supplement with Magnesium?

Anxiety from Vitamin D? Find Out the Solution Here
"Are you having problems with getting anxiety from Vitamin D? This also includes feelings of hyperactivity, mania, jitteriness and insomnia as well as anxiety? Well you've come to the right place to get a SOLUTION to this unnerving problem. The first thing that you need to know about getting anxiety after taking vitamin d is that is is NOT an overdose. Even if you've taken 'a lot' ................."

https://www.easy-immune-health.com/anxiety-from-vitamin-d.html

1 Mineral for Everything: Magnesium

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?2992-1-Mineral-for-Everything-Magnesium

Davet

So I was deficient in Vitamin D (25.8 in 30-100 and that in the summer). I told my doctor that taking high doses of D causes me fatigue (I'm not alone if you search the internet). So he suggested injectable vitamin D. I did my first injection on Tuesday with a dose of 12500 IU, IM and from Wednesday on I've been waking up around 2 am with difficulty getting back to sleep.

I was told that it takes time for the vitamin to get out of the fat molecules into my bloodstream. However to my meager understanding this exodus is constant so my blood vitamin D levels will be high, day and night for a few days after an injection. This is unlike taking oral supplements in which most of the vitamin is absorbed fast. Right?

Are you running Niacin, I found that when I was taking Niacin and high dose vitamin D it totally screwed my sleep.Took me a while to sus out what was going on but eventually got round to dropping the Niacin as a process of elimination and found out that was the cause.
Dont know the science behind why but that was the trigger.

Alive

It's D3 and the dosage is 25000 IU once a week. I take magnesium too.

"Vitamin D Injections really benefit your doctor’s pocketbook more than they benefit YOU! " Ehm, it cost me $100 for 3 months supply.

I don't know if I got the idea about the difference between oral and injection across. I believe in both the blood vitamin D levels would be near-sinusoids but when injecting the frequency of the sinusoid is much smaller. When taking orally in the morning, the level in blood should drop by night but that's not (I believe) the case with injections.

Vince

Super Moderator
It's D3 and the dosage is 25000 IU once a week. I take magnesium too.

"Vitamin D Injections really benefit your doctor’s pocketbook more than they benefit YOU! " Ehm, it cost me $100 for 3 months supply.

I don't know if I got the idea about the difference between oral and injection across. I believe in both the blood vitamin D levels would be near-sinusoids but when injecting the frequency of the sinusoid is much smaller. When taking orally in the morning, the level in blood should drop by night but that's not (I believe) the case with injections.
When someone supplements with vitamin D they usually use vitamin D3 when you get it in a hospital or from a doctor they usually give you vitamin D2 which you must have a higher dose to get good levels. When I first started supplementing with D3 I had to take 10000 IU daily to get good levels, because it's a fat-soluble vitamin I've been able to slowly reduce my dose down to 6, 000 IU daily. When I had my thyroid labs done on Tuesday I also got my D levels checked. I'll post them along with my thyroid labs when available.

TweakJam

From my understanding, this isn’t a common side effect. Actually, the opposite (fatigue) is common. It might be a wise choice to see your medical doctor.

Joej85

I was taking Vitamin D3, 10,000IU a day. It definitely caused me to have insomnia. It took me a long time to figure out why I couldn't sleep. Once I stopped the Vitamin D, I was able to sleep normally again.

Last edited:

Alive

Yeah Vitamin D stops melatonin production. My sleep is better now but I have muscle pain and insomnia. I don't know if it will go away or if I should lower the dose.

sickkk

From my understanding, this isn’t a common side effect. Actually, the opposite (fatigue) is common. It might be a wise choice to see your medical doctor.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me