Can I use Androgel only occasionally

Buy Lab Tests Online

TX62

Would it be possible to use testosterone gel only occasionally, sometimes on weekends? i.e. to get more stamina for dancing.

If, let´s say, taken saturday morning only, two times a month, would there be a suppression of the hormonal axis?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
You'd have to try it to be sure, but I expect that you would not have long-lived suppression under these circumstances. My guess is you would get a boost on application day, with levels then dropping a little below baseline on the following day or two. It's possible that a testosterone nasal gel or TNE (testosterone with no ester) injection would be even better for this purpose, with both being faster acting than a transdermal product.

sammmy

Testosterone to "get more stamina for dancing"... Testosterone is not a magical cure all.

You need a stimulant for that, not testosterone. In increasing order: look into DMG or red ginseng/green tea combo or guarana powder.

sammmy

Also look into Cordyceps for stamina.

Guided_by_Voices

If you're going to try the androgel, you might want to precede it by adding in a small dose of clomid (e.g. 12 mg every other day) to pre-emptively raise your natural T production. That way the suppression might just bring you back down to normal. Exogenous ketones ( I use the product by Ketone Aid, but there are others) might give you an energy boost also. Methylene blue is something else to look into, as well as good-old-fashioned cardio. Sled pushing for HIIT is a must as well.

TX62

Testosterone to "get more stamina for dancing"... Testosterone is not a magical cure all.

You need a stimulant for that, not testosterone. In increasing order: look into DMG or red ginseng/green tea combo or guarana powder.
I know that. I got these combos and they are helping. Just trying to add some testosterone, maybe for better regeneration, too.

jayt

Would it be possible to use testosterone gel only occasionally, sometimes on weekends? i.e. to get more stamina for dancing.

If, let´s say, taken saturday morning only, two times a month, would there be a suppression of the hormonal axis?
won't work. the gel is to create a certain consisitant level in your blood, if you want to inject occasionally it will boost your T for a day or so....

madman

Super Moderator

Short-lived!

Even then would not waste my time using transdermal T (Androgel) hoping it will improve stamina.

Look over the PKs of all the different T formulations (threads posted below).

If anything you want a formulation that will spike your T quickly and that title would go to nasal T gel (Natesto).

Even when dosed 2-3X/daily for treatment of low-T it will cause the least amount of suppression to the hpta of all the formulations available.

Keep in mind that no one can say for sure if it will give you that kick you are looking for.

How old are you and have you ever had your testosterone levels checked?

Any labs to post?

How is your diet and do you exercise?

madman

Super Moderator
I know that. I got these combos and they are helping. Just trying to add some testosterone, maybe for better regeneration, too.

Spiking T temporarily with a short-lived peak twice a month let alone a few times a week is going to do jack shit!

Men who suffer from low testosterone that use exogenous T to achieve healthy levels let alone in many cases high or absurdly high levels steady-state will be the ones who reap the beneficial effects of improvements in body composition (muscle/fat loss), strength, and recovery when following a proper diet/training protocol.

The higher you push your levels steady-state as in 24/7 would result in more bang for your buck and top it off that your genetics will have the final say!

That is why men abuse testosterone/AAS!

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Spiking T temporarily with a short-lived peak twice a month let alone a few times a week is going to do jack shit!
I'm going to respectfully disagree. Anecdotally, including my own experience, an isolated spike in testosterone does "something". Now obviously it's not growing muscles or changing underlying physiology to improve endurance. But it's probably affecting neurotransmitters, such as dopamine, to boost libido and reduce the perceived effort in workouts. Basically it's a mini TRT honeymoon period. For me it lasts a day or two and cannot be reproduced until after some suitable delay. I have not attempted to quantify the "reset" period, though I might guess that a few weeks is adequate.

madman

Super Moderator
I'm going to respectfully disagree. Anecdotally, including my own experience, an isolated spike in testosterone does "something". Now obviously it's not growing muscles or changing underlying physiology to improve endurance. But it's probably affecting neurotransmitters, such as dopamine, to boost libido and reduce the perceived effort in workouts. Basically it's a mini TRT honeymoon period. For me it lasts a day or two and cannot be reproduced until after some suitable delay. I have not attempted to quantify the "reset" period, though I might guess that a few weeks is adequate.

know that. I got these combos and they are helping. Just trying to add some testosterone, maybe for better regeneration, too.

That is what I was referring to.

Gladiator

I have used gel before and I was amazed how I felt the first day. I was on 50mg a day and I definitely felt it the first day. Gel is a constant up and down if on it full time. You need to apply it daily. So I’m going to say yes you will get a boost from using it.

It’s probably not going to be the boost you ar looking for but you will definitely feel it. Maybe try 200mg at once and report back.

rustylwb

I've used several TRT items No you can not use Gel occasionally after getting started u can however make it work better (stronger) by applying an extra pump 1hr 45 min before sex. I have tried it several places but direct on the Tool works best and I will add girth to your tool. If we could post pictures I would show U the difference. And Dude I'm 79 but a Gym Rat and BIke rider

Sergel

You would be better served with a stimulant... Tell your doc you have ADHD and get som adderall... Short term T boost will be very subtle, I don't think it will do what you think it will... and it screws up with your hormones... Occasional amphetamine will be much more efficient... Just my 2 cents...

Lumalux

I've used several TRT items No you can not use Gel occasionally after getting started u can however make it work better (stronger) by applying an extra pump 1hr 45 min before sex. I have tried it several places but direct on the Tool works best and I will add girth to your tool. If we could post pictures I would show U the difference. And Dude I'm 79 but a Gym Rat and BIke rider
I would be totally into seeing that, dude.

TX62

Thanks@all. Good info, appreciate this. So I guess it´s probably not the best idea.
Will go on with my legal stacks, since I don´t want to interrupt an otherwise working system.

Willyt

Thanks@all. Good info, appreciate this. So I guess it´s probably not the best idea.
Will go on with my legal stacks, since I don´t want to interrupt an otherwise working system.
I tried doing the same with T cream. It was a major fail as it shut down my natural T (unlike nasal gel/cream which is more short-lived with minimal suppression as mentioned above)

spankee

Why do they say not to put gel on your goods directly? You are doing it with some result. I would be curious to see those results.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me