can cytomel by itself be used to treat hypothyroidism

Buy Lab Tests Online

ratbag

You don't need a lot of T3 to lower your RT3, the problem is such that you haven't found the underlying reason why it is high. I see no ferritin or cortisol on those labs.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fizzypopcorn

Agreed. As it stands now I am only starting hcg to see if that will help my testosterone. Based on the labs he is hoping that will be enough to kick my testes up and start producing naturally.

Even when I’m up to 15mcg of cytomel it sounds like a fairly low dose compared to others. Baby steps I guess.

M

MarkM

As we have moved into the RT3 arena (and I have an RT3 issue that I also need to address) here is a great article that covers it every way to Sunday:
https://www.restartmed.com/reverse-t3/
I am on NDT and my very current lab had my RT3 at 33, FT3 at 3.7 and FT4 at 1.2.
:(
:(

My labs are very close to your Orrin:
TSH - 0.569
Free T3 - 3.7
Free T4 - 1.34
RT3 - 26.5

I am not on any medication but think based on my research that I might be served well by taking 5 mcg daily of T3 to flush out the RT3 but based on my labs, which look good otherwise, I may have a hard time getting a doctor to prescribe me a low dose of T3.

I see where you can get T3 online from India but I am only seeing it at doses of 25 mcg and higher. Anyone know of a source for T3 at 5 mcg?

M

MarkM

Your ratio isn’t too much higher than mine MarkM. Same regiment may do you well. Of course, I don’t know if it works just yet for me :)

Yeah, my ratio is at 13.96 and I am hoping to find a 5 mcg of T3 online without a script in case I have a hard time getting a doctor to give me one.

OMI100

My labs are very close to your Orrin:
TSH - 0.569
Free T3 - 3.7
Free T4 - 1.34
RT3 - 26.5

I am not on any medication but think based on my research that I might be served well by taking 5 mcg daily of T3 to flush out the RT3 but based on my labs, which look good otherwise, I may have a hard time getting a doctor to prescribe me a low dose of T3.

I see where you can get T3 online from India but I am only seeing it at doses of 25 mcg and higher. Anyone know of a source for T3 at 5 mcg?
Based on the article and the fact that I am on NDT, I dropped my NDT dose down to 90mg (about 1.4 grains) today and I will keep it there for a week and run labs again and see what the trend line looks likes.....

M

MarkM

Thanks I've been reading a lot on the RestartMed website.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MarkM

Thanks for re-posting Vince. I needed to read those and it has changed my mind about possibly T3 only dosing.

Vince

Super Moderator
My labs were done 12 hours after I took my meds. Thyroid protocol Synthroid 62.5mcg and Liothyronine 37.5 mcg. I also take Tiomel 25mcg in the afternoon, these labs were done before that dose.

ratbag

So you take a daily total of T3 of 62.5 mcg and your your only at 3.2. I'm surprised. You definitely need more synthroid because you are not even at 50% of range. They consider optimal starting at 66%.

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes and again I'm very disappointed in my labs. I also have been take a 25 mcg T3 (Tiomel) that I buy from India. I just started taking, it on my own and I really can feel the difference in the afternoon.

ratbag

My experience with generic T3 isn't great. I use cytomel but I understand that in the USA it's really costly. I know some people who need 100 mcg daily just to get optimal T3 levels. Some do need more... but before you do that I would suggest that you determine if you have any absorption issues. That alone can cause this. Just a few questions if I may: Do you have GERD? Acid reflux? or oral thrush? Do you have digestion issues? Do you ever see undigested food in your stools? Do you have any food intolerences? Do you have constipation or diarrhoea?

Vince

Super Moderator
I don't believe have any digestion issues. I try to take good care of my gut bacteria. I follow a healthy low carb diet with lots of fiber, I don't use any artificial sweeteners. I take two probiotics that I trade off on each day. My labs always show that my minerals and vitamins are in a good range.

ratbag

The with the assumption you do not have an absorption issue I guess you'll have to take more T3 and T4. I never had to take any T4 until I started TRT.

Vince

Super Moderator
The with the assumption you do not have an absorption issue I guess you'll have to take more T3 and T4. I never had to take any T4 until I started TRT.
I had hypothyroidism before trt, I never had my thyroid levels in a good range. My fear is what my doctor is going to say when she sees my TSH. I'm going to have to get on my soapbox again and hopefully she let me have my way.

jdthoosier

Vince -

Did you have noticeable symptoms with respect to your hypothyroidism? Ostensibly, I have a thyroid issue, but at best, I have a few minor symptoms. Accordingly, I'm reluctant to take any meds just to treat the numbers.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me