can cytomel by itself be used to treat hypothyroidism

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince the big question as how do you feel with FT4 & FT3 being so low? It will be interesting to see your RT3.
In all honesty, I do feel good. I'm doing good at my job and working a lot of OT, my workouts are also going good. But I do know how important good thyroid levels are for one's health, especially for someone like me who's always fighting for better coronary artery disease health. Good FT3 improves LDL cholesterol.

Vince

Super Moderator
I should have posted this earlier. I started my new thyroid protocol this morning Synthroid 50 mcg and liothyronine (Cytomel) 25 mcg. :)

LTChris

1.5 gr. westhyroid: 12/4/2017

Free T4 - .88
Free T3 - 2.5
RT3 - 29.3

20mcg Liothyronine Sodium Sr. 2/12/2018

TSH - 1.38
FT4 - .7
Antibody - <1
Thyroid Peroxidase - 13
FT3 - 1.8
RT3 - 23.6

50 mcg Liothyronine Sodium Sr. 4/23/2018

FT3 - .39
FT3 - 2.3
Rt3 - 17.9

Consult in a couple weeks, we'll see what is next

DragonBits

I should have posted this earlier. I started my new thyroid protocol this morning Synthroid 50 mcg and liothyronine (Cytomel) 25 mcg. :)

I was thinking of a similar protocol, one question?

Can I try this for a few months, see how it affects me, if I don't care for it then decide to quit, will my thyroid hormones return to their previous levels? My current levels are on the low side but still in range.

Vince

Super Moderator
I was thinking of a similar protocol, one question?

Can I try this for a few months, see how it affects me, if I don't care for it then decide to quit, will my thyroid hormones return to their previous levels? My current levels are on the low side but still in range.
Yes your thyroid levels will return to their old levels. I'm on this protocol for 8 weeks, then having labs and I will adjust form there. Start slow don't get hyper symptoms.

DragonBits

Yes your thyroid levels will return to their old levels. I'm on this protocol for 8 weeks, then having labs and I will adjust form there. Start slow don't get hyper symptoms.

Thanks vince, I would go slow, thyroid hormones seem trickier and more dangerous to tinker with Vs testosterone/estradiol.

Right now I started eating 6 gm of roasted seaweed and taking a mulitV that includes selenium iodine, VitA etc. I will retest thyroid levels in a few months to see if there are any changes, then decide from there.

Vince

Super Moderator
I use low dose iodine 325 mcg, I have been told not to supplement with more than 500 mcg. I did try high-dose iodine once and it did wreak havoc on my thyroid levels.

1Draw

1.5 gr. westhyroid: 12/4/2017

Free T4 - .88
Free T3 - 2.5
RT3 - 29.3

20mcg Liothyronine Sodium Sr. 2/12/2018

TSH - 1.38
FT4 - .7
Antibody - <1
Thyroid Peroxidase - 13
FT3 - 1.8
RT3 - 23.6

50 mcg Liothyronine Sodium Sr. 4/23/2018

FT3 - .39
FT3 - 2.3
Rt3 - 17.9

Consult in a couple weeks, we'll see what is next

Lt Chris will be interesting to see what Defy changes your meds to after the consult. Looks like your RT3 is responding well to the Liothyronine but your T4 is in the gutter. I'm in same boat with high RT3 of 28.1 back on 2/16 and am taking Cytomel 20mcg day, not quite as much as you. I am waiting on blood test results and consult but I expect my FT3 and Rt3 to be well in range with low T4 as a result of the T3 meds.

OMI100

Vince

Super Moderator
It's been 8 weeks since I started my new Thyroid protocol and this morning I finally had my labs. I also had my testosterone labs done. My thyroid labs go through Cleveland HeartLabs and Testosterone through LapCorp, I'm really looking forward to seeing my results. :)

DragonBits

I use low dose iodine 325 mcg, I have been told not to supplement with more than 500 mcg. I did try high-dose iodine once and it did wreak havoc on my thyroid levels.

Vince, what did wreck havoc on thyroid levels mean? Caused a hyper or hypo condition.

I have a supplement that has 5 mg iodine, I decided not to take this as 5 mg is very high for Iodine, what i have read it could cause hypo or hyper thyroid conditions.

What happened with you?

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince, what did wreck havoc on thyroid levels mean? Caused a hyper or hypo condition.

I have a supplement that has 5 mg iodine, I decided not to take this as 5 mg is very high for Iodine, what i have read it could cause hypo or hyper thyroid conditions.

What happened with you?
I have hypothyroidism, I don't know why. My guess would be not using table salt with iodine. I would always avoided salt and living in the Midwest with low soil iodine.

DragonBits

I have hypothyroidism, I don't know why. My guess would be not using table salt with iodine. I would always avoided salt and living in the Midwest with low soil iodine.

They wouldn't your supplementing with iodine and selenium have corrected that without thyroid meds?

Then I assume you didn't have a complete thyroid panel before high dose iodine, and you suspect that is what caused your
hypothyroidism?

Vince

Super Moderator
They wouldn't your supplementing with iodine and selenium have corrected that without thyroid meds?

Then I assume you didn't have a complete thyroid panel before high dose iodine, and you suspect that is what caused your
hypothyroidism?

Yes I did have a complete thyroid panel before supplementing with iodine, it didn't improve my thyroid. It may have stopped the damage but didn't repair it. Everyone I talk to who has hypothyroidism couldn't reverse the damage.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me