Can anyone recommend a TRT clinic?

Buy Lab Tests Online

FightingFungus

I have just started my trt journey on January 18th and the provider I was using is closing. I am very upset being that I feel great and now I have to start the process all over. Can anyone recommend a clinic and how much do you pay monthly?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

I have just started my trt journey on January 18th and the provider I was using is closing. I am very upset being that I feel great and now I have to start the process all over. Can anyone recommend a clinic and how much do you pay monthly?

That’s easy. DefyMedical. Best you can get in my opinion. $250 for the initial consult, and then how much you pay monthly is different for everyone. Basically you just pay for meds. The only thing they require is a consult with a nurse or doctor, along with bloodwork every 6 months, maybe slightly more frequent at the beginning. Think a nurse consult costs $50-$90 (depending on the nurse you choose) and not sure how much the doctor consult is, as I just get my consults done with nurse Jill. Maybe the doctor consults are like $125-$150 or something like that. My insurance covers my blood work 100%, so not sure how much their blood panel costs, but I’m sure it’s not too much. At this point I’m sure they’ve gotten the labs down as cheap as they can.

Systemlord

I can only speak to Defy Medical where I'm a patient, cost is lower than any walkin in clinic by a long shot. I like the fact that when having trouble I can choose a full 45 min consultant with DR. Saya and cut costs when cruising along with no problems and chose a cheaper 15 min consultant.

I only pay for medicine usually every couple of months, consultants every 6 months. It's pay as you go, not monthly. If you average it out monthly it's $100-$150 monthly.

FightingFungus

I can only speak to Defy Medical where I'm a patient, cost is lower than any walkin in clinic by a long shot. I like the fact that when having trouble I can choose a full 45 min consultant with DR. Saya and cut costs when cruising along with no problems and chose a cheaper 15 min consultant.

I only pay for medicine usually every couple of months, consultants every 6 months. It's pay as you go, not monthly. If you average it out monthly it's $100-$150 monthly.

How much would the average cost be monthly doing 200mg of test a week with 250IU of hcg a week?

DragonBits

I wish Defy could send an order my regular lab or email the order to me. Labcorp is over 60 miles away.

I often use Defy, and never even knew they could send the order direct to a lab.

They send me an order, I take it to where ever I want to. My PCP gives me an order that says ACL, I have taken it to Labcorp, they take it.

BUT what did happen, I had TWO blood test orders from two doctors and I took both orders to labcorp on the same blood draw. No problem, but that got confused as to which doctor they should update with which results. It didn't help that Defy had the wrong address for me on the lab order. I got it straighten out and learned it's a good thing to get the specimen ID after you get the blood draw. Though likely I will never need it again, but it's the easiest way to find your blood test if things get confused.

Last edited:
That’s easy. DefyMedical. Best you can get in my opinion. $250 for the initial consult, and then how much you pay monthly is different for everyone. Basically you just pay for meds. The only thing they require is a consult with a nurse or doctor, along with bloodwork every 6 months, maybe slightly more frequent at the beginning. Think a nurse consult costs $50-$90 (depending on the nurse you choose) and not sure how much the doctor consult is, as I just get my consults done with nurse Jill. Maybe the doctor consults are like $125-$150 or something like that. My insurance covers my blood work 100%, so not sure how much their blood panel costs, but I’m sure it’s not too much. At this point I’m sure they’ve gotten the labs down as cheap as they can.
Did You get their paperwork with billing and coding and just submit it to your insurance? I'm debating if its worth it. I have coast to coast bluecross that always pays 100% of bloodwork everywhere else.

Gman86

Did You get their paperwork with billing and coding and just submit it to your insurance? I'm debating if its worth it. I have coast to coast bluecross that always pays 100% of bloodwork everywhere else.

The codes are right there on the lab requisition that defy emails me. My insurance also pays for my labs 100%. I haven’t paid one cent for labwork in the past 4-5 years. And usually get labs done 4-6 times per year. I’ve been with defy for about 2 years now. The most labs I’ve ever gotten done at one time was 32 lol. Didn’t pay a cent. Quest just takes my insurance info, and bills my insurance.

DragonBits

IF your health care will pay for it, then it's totally worth it.

For me nearly half the cost is for blood work. Defy is very reasonable, but it costs what it cost. If you can get insurance to pay, then go for it.

I get medicare insurance, I am sure they won't pay and if anyone has ever gotten medicare to pay, then I would like to know about it.

BTW, when I did have a very good bluecross healthcare plan, no deductible, the insurance itself cost $500 a month, so it would have cost more to have insurance with free blood work than it cost to have NO insurance and just pay for it.

DragonBits

The codes are right there on the lab requisition that defy emails me. My insurance also pays for my labs 100%. I haven’t paid one cent for labwork in the past 4-5 years. And usually get labs done 4-6 times per year. I’ve been with defy for about 2 years now. The most labs I’ve ever gotten done at one time was 32 lol. Didn’t pay a cent. Quest just takes my insurance info, and bills my insurance.

BTW, all lab orders have codes on it, the problem is insurance will only pay if the diagnosis codes meet what the insurance company considers a medical necessity and this varies from policy to policy.

For example, my PCP put on a diagnosis code on a recent blood order for vit D test, then I was informed by the lab that medicare wouldn't for pay for it with that code, and it would have cost me $232 for a vit d test. BUT if I buy it privately I can pay $50 - $30 for the very same test at the very same lab.

I refused the blood test and my PCP rewrote the lab order using a code that medicare will pay and I will do that blood test in 4 months at my next visit to the pcp.

It's very difficult to figure out ahead of time what a particular policy will and will not pay for based on codes. There are probably 5 different codes for a vit D test.

Gman86

BTW, all lab orders have codes on it, the problem is insurance will only pay if the diagnosis codes meet what the insurance company considers a medical necessity and this varies from policy to policy.

For example, my PCP put on a diagnosis code on a recent blood order for vit D test, then I was informed by the lab that medicare wouldn't for pay for it with that code, and it would have cost me $232 for a vit d test. BUT if I buy it privately I can pay $50 - $30 for the very same test at the very same lab.

I refused the blood test and my PCP rewrote the lab order using a code that medicare will pay and I will do that blood test in 4 months at my next visit to the pcp.

It's very difficult to figure out ahead of time what a particular policy will and will not pay for based on codes. There are probably 5 different codes for a vit D test.

Ya I think I just got extremely lucky in this regard. I live in mass, work as a nurse, and denied my company’s insurance because it was gonna cost me over $300/ month. I applied for insurance through the state, and got accepted. Think it’s through the Health Connector. Whatever that is. Think it’s like Obamacare or something. Idk. I currently have tufts through the health connector. It costs me $93/ month. I used to get 30+ labs done. They literally covered every single one. One time quest billed me by accident, and I got a bill for over 4K. I updated my insurance with them and my insurance covered it completely. I’m pretty sure I can literally get any test that I want done, regardless whether it applies to a diagnoses I have or not, and it will get covered. I mean my only diagnoses is technically hypogonadism. There’s no way all 30+ labs applied to that one diagnoses. Obviously I know I’m extremely lucky in this regard, and most insurances aren’t like this.

IF your health care will pay for it, then it's totally worth it.

For me nearly half the cost is for blood work. Defy is very reasonable, but it costs what it cost. If you can get insurance to pay, then go for it.

I get medicare insurance, I am sure they won't pay and if anyone has ever gotten medicare to pay, then I would like to know about it.

BTW, when I did have a very good bluecross healthcare plan, no deductible, the insurance itself cost $500 a month, so it would have cost more to have insurance with free blood work than it cost to have NO insurance and just pay for it.
i am already a patient at Defy im just wondering if its worth it to pay the $20 or whatever it is for their insurance forms. I'm a union pipe fitter my insurance is paid for by my employer i believe they contribute in excess of 20k a year for our coverage so it is good. I just sent them a message and just said they can reimburse me for the $300 lab work every few months or i will go to my urgent care Dr and have him do the labs and bill them $3000 I expect to find out their anwser in the next couple days

Last edited:

ryn996

My initial labs were $279.

cappy

My cost comparison experience of going from Dr. Crisler to Defy is available at the link below. Defy was a significant increase in cost for me, but their customer service is much better if that matters to you. I'm still questioning if I want to stay with Defy long-term.

Dr. David Nebbeling, DO took over Dr. Crisler's patients who elected to stay following his death. I don't know if he is accepting new patients into that practice.

Cost of Care: Crisler to Defy

My cost comparison experience of going from Dr. Crisler to Defy is available at the link below. Defy was a significant increase in cost for me, but their customer service is much better if that matters to you. I'm still questioning if I want to stay with Defy long-term.

Dr. David Nebbeling, DO took over Dr. Crisler's patients who elected to stay following his death. I don't know if he is accepting new patients into that practice.

Cost of Care: Crisler to Defy
I would imagine defy employees more people and has a much larger business with bigger bills then crisler did. They have to make enough that it's profitable for them to stay open and continue giving us a better option for treatment.

cappy

I would imagine defy employees more people and has a much larger business with bigger bills then crisler did. They have to make enough that it's profitable for them to stay open and continue giving us a better option for treatment.

That is without a doubt true. Dr. Crisler was a 1-man powerhouse who ran his practice on an apparent shoestring. He was apparently the sole medical licensee in his office, and had an admin and a webmaster. I knew of no other employees. His office was Spartan (pardon the pun), and his office building had not received the level of care he was providing his patients. He passed his low overhead on to his patients, many of whom I'm sure didn't appreciate that at the time. I know I didn't.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me