Bodybuilding?: Should You Get a Full Body DEXA Scan?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
This video about how a full body dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scan works as the best way to measure body composition. However, few clinics provide it since they only use DEXA to measure bone density in the lower back and pelvis. It required special calibration for a full body scan. Talk to your doctor is he can find a local clinic that can do a full body DEXA scan. Your insurance may not pay for it. Out of pocket cost may be close to $200. You only need to do it every 2-3 years for bone density if you are over 50. If you are a bodybuilder that expects dramatic body changes in a few months, then every 6 months to a year would be OK. The amount of X ray radiation you are exposed to is equivalent to your exposure in a transatlantic flight.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Very cool! Get detailed explaination from the post. I go to the gym and take supplement everyday with the hope to gain more muscles and have a perfect body. Lucky for me to know your post here.

-----------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

BigTex

Absolutely I would suggest any competitive athlete to get one of these done. Also, as we age this becomes a valuable tool as well just with the bone density.

I am going to get one of these done because I have been taking long acting cortisone injections for my shoulder pain.

I remember one of my old training partners had one done and they were amazed to see any human with the bone density he had. This guy was squatting over 1100 pounds.

Check out this site DEXA Scan | Body Composition and Bone Density Testing

I did just find out :
Medicare coverage and DEXA scans - Medicare Part B usually covers the costs associated with a DEXA scan.

Last edited:

DorianGray

I had one done a couple weeks ago. I recommend it, one should have as much data about health status as possible. Especially as you get older and it helps you set useful goals. It gives you graphs of visceral fat, android/gynoid ratio, body fat total, arms,trunk and legs; lean mass total, arms, trunk and legs. And the full body skeletal structure image is very cool. I was relieved to see I'm doing well for 71. Very nice, helpful and knowledgeable people at the facility too.

Dexascan.jpg

Attachments

• Dexascan.jpg
    Dexascan.jpg
    658.7 KB · Views: 17
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones