Body Recomposition with TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Fireproof

Hey Gents,

I've been on a crappy TRT protocol (on my 2nd clinic now) and am changing to Defy Medical ASAP. Have my consult with Dr. Saya next week on Tuesday. Looking forward to the real experts getting me to my best.

Question for you guys! I used to be really into fitness and nutrition and competed in 2 bodybuilding contests as a "natural", etc. (Was never a big guy, never took steroids (although I admit being jealous of the guys that did), but it was a fun hobby and I loved being really fit and looked like I worked out.

Fast forward to now - I'm 46 - need to lose probably a good 15-20 pounds of pure fat, but am also extremely interested in maintaining (or even increasing) lean mass. I want to enjoy the gym again - see some positive changes in strength and size and fat loss, etc. (Low T symptoms for me include major lethargy, no motivation, depression, and no stamina...I try to work out and after only 20 minutes I'm just dead/unmotivited and I quit and go home. That is NOT the "younger" me - I don't even recognize myself).

My past TRT treatment has only really focused on Testosterone, which is one of the reasons I'm switching.

SO - what are some things I should be sure to discuss with Dr. Saya that can help with energy and muscle building and fat loss?
- I've read a bit about B12 and Lipo-C shots - I'm intrigued there!
- I've seen some mention of sermorelin - don't know much about it though
- I've been on 60mg Armour Thyroid because my initial TRT doc thought I could use a boost
- Anything else I should talk to him about?

Just don't want to get past my first consult and realize I should've asked if something was a fit for me. Any advice is welcome.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

GA8314

Hey Gents,

I've been on a crappy TRT protocol (on my 2nd clinic now) and am changing to Defy Medical ASAP. Have my consult with Dr. Saya next week on Tuesday. Looking forward to the real experts getting me to my best.

Question for you guys! I used to be really into fitness and nutrition and competed in 2 bodybuilding contests as a "natural", etc. (Was never a big guy, never took steroids (although I admit being jealous of the guys that did), but it was a fun hobby and I loved being really fit and looked like I worked out.

Fast forward to now - I'm 46 - need to lose probably a good 15-20 pounds of pure fat, but am also extremely interested in maintaining (or even increasing) lean mass. I want to enjoy the gym again - see some positive changes in strength and size and fat loss, etc. (Low T symptoms for me include major lethargy, no motivation, depression, and no stamina...I try to work out and after only 20 minutes I'm just dead/unmotivited and I quit and go home. That is NOT the "younger" me - I don't even recognize myself).

My past TRT treatment has only really focused on Testosterone, which is one of the reasons I'm switching.

SO - what are some things I should be sure to discuss with Dr. Saya that can help with energy and muscle building and fat loss?
- I've been on 60mg Armour Thyroid because my initial TRT doc thought I could use a boost

Just don't want to get past my first consult and realize I should've asked if something was a fit for me. Any advice is welcome.

Get a home glucometer and start checking a few fasting blood glucose levels. Pay for a decent quality one as it will likely be more accurate. You need to see if you are developing some insulin resistance. How tolerant are you to carbs? If your fasting blood sugar levels are in the 90's or higher, and you are struggling a bit with weight, while NOT being able to tolerate too much carbs, then you are likely insulin resistant.

Try determining this and then ask him if you'd be a good candidate for metformin. Also, ask for fasting insulin to be a part of your first blood test to see about that as well. Metformin is a very good medication IMO.

Fireproof,

The good Dr. Saya will straighten all of this out for you. A good protocol will address everything you've described.

My recommendation is to hold off on the extras for now - there are no short cuts. Work with Saya, follow his advice, and give the (presumably) new protocol some time to take effect. You're on the right track!

Hey Gents,

What helps me there with my HRT is seeing gains again, my lifts going up, getting stronger, my body developing...and like you I've got a 25 year history in the weight room but getting my hormones straight(er) has opened up something in the last two years that I didn't have before. Add in you can recover quicker, and it's just been a blessing in the weight room.

Loki

My advice would be eat clean and often... For me the key has been balance of protein and carbs, nuts and lots of fruits and veggies... I eat larger meals early and they get smaller as the day goes on... For me to maintain I need to hit about 3,400 calories day.. Very tough eating clean... I cut all fast food and as much sugar out as possible... 98% of what I drink is water and I stay very hydrated...

The gym is all about consistently... Everybody has a different path to success... I like working each body group once per week in a very specific order... Each muscle group represents a day- Chest, Biceps, Shoulders, Triceps, Legs and then Back... 18-22 sets per muscle... I mix it up by going heavy and using high reps...

Cardio is tough for me!! I track my steps and play basketball... I try to hit 8,000 steps a day and 16,000 steps on basketball days... I am 5 10, 230 lbs and about 15% body fat...

Fireproof

My advice would be eat clean and often... For me the key has been balance of protein and carbs, nuts and lots of fruits and veggies... I eat larger meals early and they get smaller as the day goes on... For me to maintain I need to hit about 3,400 calories day.. Very tough eating clean... I cut all fast food and as much sugar out as possible... 98% of what I drink is water and I stay very hydrated...

The gym is all about consistently... Everybody has a different path to success... I like working each body group once per week in a very specific order... Each muscle group represents a day- Chest, Biceps, Shoulders, Triceps, Legs and then Back... 18-22 sets per muscle... I mix it up by going heavy and using high reps...

Cardio is tough for me!! I track my steps and play basketball... I try to hit 8,000 steps a day and 16,000 steps on basketball days... I am 5 10, 230 lbs and about 15% body fat...

Thanks for the input. I'm very well versed in various dieting strategies, etc. I know how to lose weight (fat), etc. I've done it, even as recently as last year - got to a good weight / body fat level. And of course, I've had to get down to sub-6% levels for bodybuilding competitions in my late 20s / early 30s. What I've found is that everything is just that much harder since I've turned 40..harder to lose weight, harder to gain weight. And the lack of energy has been killing me too - because I don't have the energy or motivation to really put in the work and effort to make it happen.

I have noticed for me, that my body likes higher frequency. Hitting each muscle group once/week wasn't enough to really make much gains in strength or size. When I switched it to hitting each about twice/week, I made better progress. My favorite split tends to be Upper / Lower / Upper / Lower if I get to the gym 4x per week, OR Upper / Lower / Full-Body if I get there 3x per week. I do like mixing it up and doing heavier weights on some days and higher reps on other days.

Loki

Thanks for the input. I'm very well versed in various dieting strategies, etc. I know how to lose weight (fat), etc. I've done it, even as recently as last year - got to a good weight / body fat level. And of course, I've had to get down to sub-6% levels for bodybuilding competitions in my late 20s / early 30s. What I've found is that everything is just that much harder since I've turned 40..harder to lose weight, harder to gain weight. And the lack of energy has been killing me too - because I don't have the energy or motivation to really put in the work and effort to make it happen.

I have noticed for me, that my body likes higher frequency. Hitting each muscle group once/week wasn't enough to really make much gains in strength or size. When I switched it to hitting each about twice/week, I made better progress. My favorite split tends to be Upper / Lower / Upper / Lower if I get to the gym 4x per week, OR Upper / Lower / Full-Body if I get there 3x per week. I do like mixing it up and doing heavier weights on some days and higher reps on other days.
I have issues putting on too much muscle... My arms are over 19 inches... I am curious if my high IGF-1 levels contribute to this or not?

ERO

I have issues putting on too much muscle... My arms are over 19 inches... I am curious if my high IGF-1 levels contribute to this or not?

I wish I had your 'problem' :) TRT has done nothing to help me add any lean mass, but its likely genetic on my end.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me