Blood pressure issues

Buy Lab Tests Online

sh1973

I’ve been on trt over 11 years and within the last couple years drastically lowered my dose to 60mg per week. I feel much better in all areas at this dose. Having said that my BP has steadily risen and now sits at 138/95 sometimes higher. I’m very active, not overweight, and only take one prescription med gabapentin for nerve pain. Other than that I’ve changed nothing. I’ve never smoked and do have a few drinks a week. I cannot figure out for the life of me why this is happening. Could lowering my t dose possibly be causing this? Before on 100mg per week I averaged 124/70 for several years. Sorta at a loss.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

mooseman109

In my situation, TRT for 7 years, it never affected my BP at all. I have been up and down on dosages sorting through. Like you I am low dosing, down to 70mg/ week daily injections. I feel fine and HCT is a bit less of an issue. I did have a heart attack spring of 2018 and they put me on BP meds, but was never high before.

Golfboy307

On that low of a dose, I wouldn't assume the TRT is the cause. I would spend some time looking at other possible issues. However in my case, I never really found a root cause other than age related hypertension. I am consistently at 140/85 without meds. That was the case before TRT as well. I am now 53. I had perfect BP until my mid 40's. Active runner/marathoner with a good diet.

sh1973

On that low of a dose, I wouldn't assume the TRT is the cause. I would spend some time looking at other possible issues. However in my case, I never really found a root cause other than age related hypertension. I am consistently at 140/85 without meds. That was the case before TRT as well. I am now 53. I had perfect BP until my mid 40's. Active runner/marathoner with a good diet.
I just turned 47. Perhaps it is just age related. I do cardio at least 6 days a week and my heart rate as well as vo2 are great. I have ate a really clean diet my whole adult life as well. I really don’t want to be on bp meds if at all possible.

Golfboy307

I felt the same way you did, but nothing naturally would bring my BP back down. I never really got that high, but I know what even modest hypertension can do over the long term. Trust me, after TRT and other supplements, a tiny little pill of Lisinopril is nothing. That being said, if you end up on meds, it may take some experimentation to find the right drug. There is great info on this website. Let me know if you want me to share any links.

Golfboy307

Lisinopril is in the the class of hypertension drugs known as ACE inhibitors. No side effects for me, although 5% of folks develop a dry cough (pretty rare). I was initially on a diuretic (water pill). I didn't like that one due to excessive urination and some modestly reduced sexual functioning. My doctor was fine switching things up.

maxadvance

I’ve been on trt over 11 years and within the last couple years drastically lowered my dose to 60mg per week. I feel much better in all areas at this dose. Having said that my BP has steadily risen and now sits at 138/95 sometimes higher. I’m very active, not overweight, and only take one prescription med gabapentin for nerve pain. Other than that I’ve changed nothing. I’ve never smoked and do have a few drinks a week. I cannot figure out for the life of me why this is happening. Could lowering my t dose possibly be causing this? Before on 100mg per week I averaged 124/70 for several years. Sorta at a loss.

Take it from the smartest guy I know when it regards your health, watch this video, he deals directly with quick natural resolution of high blood pressure, and makes sure you understand why it works. I was personally short on consumption of potassium and when I added it in to my daily regimen I was significantly lower in just 2 weeks. Stan Efferding, dude is worth watching and following

madman

Super Moderator
Take it from the smartest guy I know when it regards your health, watch this video, he deals directly with quick natural resolution of high blood pressure, and makes sure you understand why it works. I was personally short on consumption of potassium and when I added it in to my daily regimen I was significantly lower in just 2 weeks. Stan Efferding, dude is worth watching and following

Really?

The walking chemical pharmacy!

No mention of Alan Aragon, Brad Schoenfeld, Chris Masterjohn, Lyle McDonald?

madman

Super Moderator
lol Lyle McDonald that's funny. I like Brad, he's smart but he's not a nutrition guy. Watch the video.
You do understand that exercise plays a role in one's overall health no?

Any of those I mentioned regardless of expertise in nutrition/training have much to contribute.

Would not waste my time watching the video.

. I was personally short on consumption of potassium and when I added it in to my daily regimen I was significantly lower in just 2 weeks.

Your grandmother never told you this!

maxadvance

dude you ingest a little haterade today? absolutely exercise plays a role, where the fuck did I suggest otherwise? or Stan for that matter? He suggests sleep, potassium, magnesium, calcium absorption that can be enhanced by D3 that, salt is good, and Curcumin and Omegas are blood thinners. Since your head is too far up your ass to watch the video.

I love a site with hypocrites thinking injecting T is ethical but injecting T plus anything else is against everything they stand for. This guy is a coach, and the last guy to tell you take a pill to fix something. World class bodybuilders or weightlifters or plenty of athletes are chemically enhanced , and it's this guys job to direct them to keep their body's vitals and organs in line so they stay healthy and alive while performing at an optimal level. Halfthors lifts went through the roof when Stan started coaching him, and it was done just as much thru diet as anything else.

madman

Super Moderator

dude you ingest a little haterade today? absolutely exercise plays a role, where the fuck did I suggest otherwise? or Stan for that matter? He suggests sleep, potassium, magnesium, calcium absorption that can be enhanced by D3 that, salt is good, and Curcumin and Omegas are blood thinners. Since your head is too far up your ass to watch the video.

I love a site with hypocrites thinking injecting T is ethical but injecting T plus anything else is against everything they stand for.
This guy is a coach, and the last guy to tell you take a pill to fix something. World class bodybuilders or weightlifters or plenty of athletes are chemically enhanced , and it's this guys job to direct them to keep their body's vitals and organs in line so they stay healthy and alive while performing at an optimal level. Halfthors lifts went through the roof when Stan started coaching him, and it was done just as much thru diet as anything else.

All great advice but the same has been echoed numerous times over.....nothing new here.

Yes, he has a vast amount of knowledge/experience in the game.

He was chemically induced to the gills during his competitive years.....literally!

Catch 22 there trying to maintain your health yet pump yourself full of chemicals.

Keep in mind there is a big difference between use/abuse when it comes to testosterone/AAS and the amount of chemical warfare used when it comes to amateur let alone professional bodybuilding (doses/compounds/ancillaries to numerous to list) is beyond ridiculous and plays absolutely no part in long-term health.

Chemically enhanced professional athletes are only getting their feet wet when compared to professional powerlifters let alone amateur/professional bodybuilders.

This is a trt forum we use exogenous T to treat hypogonadism.

Therapeutic doses of nandrolone, oxandrolone, and in some cases stanozolol are used by many along with testosterone.

maxadvance

Well aware of everything you stated, and I've been on and contributed to this forum longer than you have. This thread is about treating blood pressure for a member who's having a problem with it and needs help. You now saying the advice given has all been echoed numerous times and is old news is just wrong. OP clearly hasn't seen it and frankly nor have I over the past 6 years on this forum. Not sure what you accomplish when you try and diminish it

So lets be real. When we advocate exogenous testosterone, and we're cool adding Deca and Oxandralone and in some cases stanazolol for therapeutic use, then calling someone out for being chemically induced to the gills is total bullshit. Noone here is advocating abuse, but implying that taking advice from someone that knowledgeable with that much experience and genuine willingness to help people is the epitome of hypocrisy. He's honest about what he's done, he's a highly desired coach and mentor to todays top athletes in various disciplines, and likes helping people deal with health issues that he clearly had to deal with on even more extreme levels. And he's 50+ in great shape.

So lets see if we can help the OP with his BP and leave the sideshow behind.

madman

Super Moderator
Well aware of everything you stated, and I've been on and contributed to this forum longer than you have. This thread is about treating blood pressure for a member who's having a problem with it and needs help. You now saying the advice given has all been echoed numerous times and is old news is just wrong. OP clearly hasn't seen it and frankly nor have I over the past 6 years on this forum. Not sure what you accomplish when you try and diminish it

So lets be real. When we advocate exogenous testosterone, and we're cool adding Deca and Oxandralone and in some cases stanazolol for therapeutic use, then calling someone out for being chemically induced to the gills is total bullshit. Noone here is advocating abuse, but implying that taking advice from someone that knowledgeable with that much experience and genuine willingness to help people is the epitome of hypocrisy. He's honest about what he's done, he's a highly desired coach and mentor to todays top athletes in various disciplines, and likes helping people deal with health issues that he clearly had to deal with on even more extreme levels. And he's 50+ in great shape.

So lets see if we can help the OP with his BP and leave the sideshow behind.

Sift through all the bullshit it's plain as day!

In his prime, he was chemically induced to the gills what he is doing as of now is anyone's guess.

As you very well know trt/hrt (therapeutic doses) and use/abuse of testosterone/AAS are two extremes.

If you want to get pulled down the rabbit hole we can get real deep and pick this apart!

Been in this game just as long as you and yes have played both sides of the field let alone have close friends that have competed in the amateur ranks.

Think a little deeper here before you go running off your mouth.

He's honest about what he's done, he's a highly desired coach and mentor to todays top athletes in various disciplines, and likes helping people deal with health issues that he clearly had to deal with on even more extreme levels. And he's 50+ in great shape.

I agree with this.

You are out to lunch on this one and if you consider him the smartest guy you know when it regards one's health then I truly feel sorry for you.

You dug yourself a hole right from the get-go and if anything you should have stated one of the smartest guys I know!

Someone was bound to jump on this statement sooner or later.

That vertical diet though lol!

sh1973

I’ve recently in the last few days added magnesium 250mg twice a day. Hopefully that will start to have an effect. I can also get a potassium test ran at my doctor. The thing that sort of baffles me is the whole time I was on higher levels of testosterone my blood pressure was lower. Supposedly it has a relaxing effect on the blood vessels in arteries so I’m wondering if lowering my dose in theory has had the opposite effect? Perhaps there is no good reason but I’d really like to exhaust all efforts before starting a blood pressure medication. It’s just odd to me because I really take care of myself I need a very healthy diet and all that. I suppose sometimes old age just trumps all of that LOL.

sh1973

So I tried upping my magnesium dose for a couple weeks and really watching everything that could possibly affect blood pressure. After two weeks of 800mg magnesium, my blood pressure was averaging 140/98 and sometimes higher. I raised my testosterone dose from 60mg to 80mg last Monday and the last few days my BP has been averaging 132/88 by checking twice daily. I can’t wrap my mind around this but it has absolutely lowered my bp without changing any other variables. It is getting a little lower each day. I feel pretty good all in all by raising my dose other than a tinge of insomnia. It seems for whatever reason, in my case lowering my t dose raised my BP.

maxadvance

magnesium is great but potassium is the key, if you're not into avacodo and spinach salad try this, emergen C electro mix, basically electrolytes without sodium, I usually have at least one or 2 a day, I know you're fixated on your T dose but difference isn't significant and could easily be self induced white jacket syndrome because your mind is convinced before you even measure

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me