Blood Donation & Weight Lifting Timing

Buy Lab Tests Online

StevoDevo

Hi Guys,

My hemoglobin is highish (17.4) and have been recommended by Dr Saya to do a Power Red donation to get that number down.

I workout (CrossFit) 4 days per week (resting on Wednesday, Sat and Sun) so am trying to workout the best day to do the donation.

If I do it Wednesday morning, would be body be ready for my workout on Thursday morning? Or would it be better to donate on Friday after my morning workout? Or would it not be good to donate after a workout?

Love any experience you guys have on this!

Stevo

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Up to about 10 years ago I always gave double red blood cell donation, never had to miss a workout. That was before trt, the blood center loved me, the only problem was sometimes my iron got too low.

Saul

I have done the double red and the regular whole blood. I recommend whole blood donations over double red. Over time it is the same effect but the double red really tired me out for several days. I did not have that problem with whole blood and could work out the next day. If you do a double red, you can not donate again for 4 months while with a whole blood, you can donate again in 2 months. YMMV

StevoDevo

I was reading with the power red that they will take the blood out and then put it back it along with saline so you're supposed to actually feel more hydrated and recovered. Plus Dr Saya was hoping it was going to help lower my hemogloblin number down. I might try it out and see how I feel on a day after a workout (especially when I have a rest day scheduled the following day)!

Thanks!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching