Big Pharma vs Compounded T Comparison

Buy Lab Tests Online

Acer97

I don’t ever trust compounded products. They are far less scrutinized than big pharma when it comes to quality control. There was actually a study where they took the potency of 12 compounded creams and 2 big name creams and the big names were 102% and 104% accurate to what they said while only 2/12 of the compounded were even within 20% accurate. One cream was only 10% of what it claimed
Using compounded is almost as bad as using UGL besides the infection risk

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DS3

I don’t ever trust compounded products. They are far less scrutinized than big pharma when it comes to quality control. There was actually a study where they took the potency of 12 compounded creams and 2 big name creams and the big names were 102% and 104% accurate to what they said while only 2/12 of the compounded were even within 20% accurate. One cream was only 10% of what it claimed
Post the study.

madman

Super Moderator
Post the study.

If this is the study he is speaking of it was done using sampled products (compounded transdermal T) from 10 compounding pharmacies which were located in GTA (Greater Toronto area) based in the province of Ontario, CANADA.

If he read through the study he would clearly have seen that it was stated:

*As such, our results may not be reflective of the quality of compounded testosterone products throughout the country or internationally.

The authors of this report acknowledge the following limitations. Although our results raise concerns regarding the accuracy of compounded testosterone products, our findings do not necessarily generalize to other compounded medicines. Moreover, a limited sample products from 10 compounded pharmacies within the GTA were included in this analysis. As such, our results may not be reflective of the quality of compounded testosterone products throughout the country or internationally. Finally, the analytics of our investigation focused strictly on the concentration accuracy of compounded and industry-manufactured testosterone products. Consequently, actual patient clinical and biochemical responses to treatment and potential adverse effects with these medicines were not evaluated as part of this research. In addition, the potential influence of chemical permeators added to some products to facilitate transdermal absorption is unknown as it relates to this investigation.

In conclusion, the concentration of testosterone in testosterone creams and gels supplied by compounding pharmacies can be variable and potentially compromise the efficacy and safety of testosterone replacement therapy. Patients, physicians, and pharmacists need to be aware of such uncertainty. Testosterone concentrations in products supplied by Health Canada approved industry manufacturers were accurate and consistent over time. Our results highlight the need for further review of the current best-practice standards as they relate to training, credentialing, and licensure and ongoing quality control and feedback for compounding pharmacist.

JimGainz

Yup. I just posted about this today on another thread. Their compounded DHEA barely did anything (Life extension brand had my values > 100 points higher for the same regiment). I have lab values that show IGF 1 didn’t budge from an injection of their compounded Ipamorelin Come to think of it, I didn’t get results from Deca until i upped the dose on my own. I’m thinking they are under-dosed.

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
The oils were different and this is my suspicion, because I can't think of any other reason besides an improperly dosed product. Based on my results, if they were both dosed properly, I'd expect that the compounded test which is in grapeseed clears my system much more quickly than the cottonseed in Pfizer. This is my third time comparing the 2 at the same doses, and the difference is always about 30 percent.
You may be sometimes close with that 30%. Not trying to sway you either way, but one of the USP specifications applicable to these products is potency and the specification allows for 90-110% - a potential 20% difference between 2 products. It isn’t going to be 1:1 with regard to difference in potency and difference in lab results because there are many other random factors.

To be clear, both compounders and the big pharma companies must adhere to the USP specifications. It is not uncommon to get a medication from a compounding pharmacy, Publix, or CVS that is not exactly 100% of the strength stated. Some medications have even greater variances permitted of +/- 20% if you can imagine that, and some less at +/- 5%.

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
Yup. I just posted about this today on another thread. Their compounded DHEA barely did anything (Life extension brand had my values > 100 points higher for the same regiment). I have lab values that show IGF 1 didn’t budge from an injection of their compounded Ipamorelin Come to think of it, I didn’t get results from Deca until i upped the dose on my own. I’m thinking they are under-dosed.

I had been using LE’s DHEA that I always bought on Amazon - same 25mg that I had taken for years keeping me around 500. It shot up to 950. Switched to Douglas Pharmaceuticals and it is back down to 450-500.

See my post above. Life Extension is a reputable brand, but what I said applies even more so with supplements.

antelopers

You may be sometimes close with that 30%. Not trying to sway you either way, but one of the USP specifications applicable to these products is potency and the specification allows for 90-110% - a potential 20% difference between 2 products. It isn’t going to be 1:1 with regard to difference in potency and difference in lab results because there are many other random factors.

To be clear, both compounders and the big pharma companies must adhere to the USP specifications. It is not uncommon to get a medication from a compounding pharmacy, Publix, or CVS that is not exactly 100% of the strength stated. Some medications have even greater variances permitted of +/- 20% if you can imagine that, and some less at +/- 5%.
That's good info, thanks. I suspect it has more to do with my body and the way it processes it than any big variation in the product.

madman

Super Moderator
Dave Palumbo advertises gear test kits on his YouTube page. Not sure about cost

In order to properly test for steroid potency/purity, one would need to have that done at a laboratory.

JRoop

For those of us that use TRT clinics, I'm not real sure what other option we have. I think most of those use compounding pharmacies, and requesting a variation may not be viable.

swoops36

For those of us that use TRT clinics, I'm not real sure what other option we have. I think most of those use compounding pharmacies, and requesting a variation may not be viable.
My clinic has the option to send an Rx to whatever pharmacy I use, however I have to pay for the test, whereas they include the compounded stuff in my monthly fee. It’s only $21/mo, so for me that’s worth it

JRoop

My clinic has the option to send an Rx to whatever pharmacy I use, however I have to pay for the test, whereas they include the compounded stuff in my monthly fee. It’s only $21/mo, so for me that’s worth it

Oh wow, that's really cool. I use RMC, and I'll check with them this week to see if they have a similar policy. Thanks for the info!

swoops36

Oh wow, that's really cool. I use RMC, and I'll check with them this week to see if they have a similar policy. Thanks for the info!
Some of the rules for telemed were adjusted for Covid, as I understand it, so out of state providers can send an Rx now

madman

Super Moderator

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me