beta blockers and testosterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

littlepiggy

hi guys i seem to vaguely remeber being aware of atleast one study where clomid was linked to higher T levels even after treatment had ceased.

I have been perscribed beta blockers (propranolol) to try and help with anxiety
however i am aware that beta blocker particularly the non selective type like i have are linked to lower testosterone levels.

was wondering if anyone knows if the effects on testosterone are permanant or temporary only while taking them.

apologies if this seems like a dumb question, thought i would check before hand.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nomad

Interesting, on my lowest Total T blood tests, before I started TRT I took inderal daily for anxiety. I was also on other medications so it’s hard to say.

HOWEVER, over the last few months whenever I take Inderal (it’s my only med now) about 12 hours later I feel hypoglycemic and I get shaky. I’m not the only person who has gets this side effect but I might be the first that had it set off during TRT. I plan to discuss it with my doctor.

littlepiggy

Interesting, on my lowest Total T blood tests, before I started TRT I took inderal daily for anxiety. I was also on other medications so it’s hard to say.

HOWEVER, over the last few months whenever I take Inderal (it’s my only med now) about 12 hours later I feel hypoglycemic and I get shaky. I’m not the only person who has gets this side effect but I might be the first that had it set off during TRT. I plan to discuss it with my doctor.

side effects can appear for no reason, feeling light headed and shakey is a normal sde effect given that its official use is to lower blood pressure perhaps discuss lowering the dose or staggering them. i wouldnt worry too much. does it actually help with anxiety btw?

Vince

Super Moderator
hi guys i seem to vaguely remeber being aware of atleast one study where clomid was linked to higher T levels even after treatment had ceased.

I have been perscribed beta blockers (propranolol) to try and help with anxiety
however i am aware that beta blocker particularly the non selective type like i have are linked to lower testosterone levels.

was wondering if anyone knows if the effects on testosterone are permanant or temporary only while taking them.

apologies if this seems like a dumb question, thought i would check before hand.
The side effects are not permanent.

Vince

Super Moderator
thanks vince good to know either way, how are you sure by the way
I took a beta blocker for a time, I felt terrible dizzy, blurred vision and I even seen doubles at times. My doctor told me it was not caused by the beta blocker and I was even on a very low dose. So eventually I stopped it and all my symptoms went away, I'll never use a beta blocker again.

Beta blockers more than this very speculative T relationship are on a very well known side effect of crushing your libido and sex drive which are more than enough reason to not take them. Of course dosing and the different beta's make a difference, too. I was using Metoprolol-XR 25mg for a short period of time and I thought I wasn't having a negative sexual side but I still opted to drop it as I am/was having enough problems there to not be doing that.

littlepiggy

ah right i understand the side effects can be temporary, but i was specifically talking about testosterone. and wasnt sure about its effect on T. afterall clomid is known to be used to "restart" testosterone production for athletes especially for those who used steroids. was wondering if it could work conversely with blockers. Havent managed to find any study investigating it apart from one which says that beta blockers lower testosterone by a statistically significant margin, even then i couldnt actually read the whole thing only the summary

Vince

Super Moderator
Taking low dose clomid will increase your testosterone if have secondary hypogonadism, which would be the case if you have low testosterone because of your beta blocker.

Nomad

side effects can appear for no reason, feeling light headed and shakey is a normal sde effect given that its official use is to lower blood pressure perhaps discuss lowering the dose or staggering them. i wouldnt worry too much. does it actually help with anxiety btw?
It helps with the physical signs of anxiety and does a good job at preventing the escalation to panic attacks. It does absolutely nothing to diminish the mental part of anxiety.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me