Best time to inject Test - Evening?

Buy Lab Tests Online
When is the best time of day to inject Test C or HCG? Natural testosterone is highest in the morning so it seems injecting Test in the evening is the best option? Don't have any idea when the best time to inject HCG is.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Injecting testosterone in the evening invariably reduces the quality of my sleep. I believe testosterone from injections is peaking faster than most people believe, 2-6 hours post-injection, which potentially explains the disruption.

mooseman109

Injecting testosterone in the evening invariably reduces the quality of my sleep. I believe testosterone from injections is peaking faster than most people believe, 2-6 hours post-injection, which potentially explains the disruption.

I certainly could see this, very valid point. I started with the 200mg shot every 2 weeks years ago. Every sunday night. I never sleep well on Sundays, ramping up for work week I guess, so I can not really tell if the T added to that or not.

Golfboy307

I agree with Cat, if I inject too close to bedtime it will sometimes wire me and mess with my sleep. That was definitely the case when I was injecting only once every 5 days. Now I am on every 2.5 days and that lower dose does not cause as many sleep issues.

slicktop

I try to stick to 10AM, and I'm also on daily shots. Most men have their natural peak levels in the morning, so I figured my exogenous peak levels should be fine there as well. Also, the only way I'll ever get a trough reading now that I'm on daily shots is to have my blood drawn before I do my daily shot, so this method works good for me since it's easier for me to get labs done before lunch.

madman

Super Moderator

Regardless of what esterified T is used or when true peak is achieved.....testosterone levels will begin to rise within the first 2 hrs post injection.

I inject twice weekly (every 3.5 days).....Tuesday morning and Friday evening and if I inject too late in the evening on Friday than it definitely has an impact on my sleep quality as I feel fairly amped up later that night.

Many would need not worry about trying to mimic this natty endogenous peak in the early am.....simply because many are running extremely high T levels on trt and regardless of their absurd peak.....their evening trough levels are still very high as I bet most running really high TT/FT levels are still hitting 1200-1500 TT in the evening.

What healthy young male is hitting a 1200-1500 TT trough in the evening.

Testosterone has a tonic effect on the CNS let alone it can easily amp one up when levels are very high.

Many seem to forget that when using exogenous T that even though once the ester is cleaved and all that is left is testosterone (bioidentical).....the hpta is shutdown and we are now (in many cases) forcing testosterone levels upon ourselves that our bodies could never naturally produce endogenously.....let alone in many cases men are running TT/FT troughs much higher than what one would with a healthy functioning hpta.

fifty

My sleep on T was disrupted all the time. I would wake up at 3am every day with mind (and other things) racing.

Vtail

Many seem to forget that when using exogenous T that even though once the ester is cleaved and all that is left is testosterone (bioidentical).....the hpta is shutdown and we are now (in many cases) forcing testosterone levels upon ourselves that our bodies could never naturally produce endogenously.....let alone in many cases men are running TT/FT troughs much higher than what one would with a healthy functioning hpta.

Every time I read something like this it makes me want to reduce my dosage. I'm already down from 120mg/week to 100mg/week and my trough is still at the top of the range (total and free) as measured with E3.5D injections. So my peak must be blasting through the top of the range. It just doesn't make sense to me that this is healthy (although I do feel great). It seems that at peak we would all be at supraphysiological levels, which I gather from reading this forum is frowned upon. Or is the consensus that it is okay to be at supra levels for only some of the time . . .

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Every time I read something like this it makes me want to reduce my dosage. I'm already down from 120mg/week to 100mg/week and my trough is still at the top of the range (total and free) as measured with E3.5D injections. So my peak must be blasting through the top of the range. It just doesn't make sense to me that this is healthy (although I do feel great). It seems that at peak we would all be at supraphysiological levels, which I gather from reading this forum is frowned upon. Or is the consensus that it is okay to be at supra levels for only some of the time . . .
If "top of the range" for total is 900 ng/dL then 1,500 is a rough estimate of the peak on your schedule.

I am suspecting that peak testosterone has importance independent of average levels. Here's a correlation that may or may not mean anything: I switched to daily propionate last year and my rate of hair shedding increased significantly. This was with the same or lower average testosterone dose. Previously on enanthate my total testosterone was pretty constant at 750-800 ng/dL. After measuring a bunch of propionate troughs at 300-500 ng/dL I finally took a measurement two hours post-injection, and it was over 1,000 ng/dL.

So now I'm exploring lower doses, currently at about 6 mg per day, which is expected to give a peak testosterone value over 800 ng/dL, still well above average for young men.

With propionate you can lower the dose to levels known to be typical of production in natural men. You can't do this with longer esters if the daily peak is important; instead you're stuck in a pretty narrow range all day.

Vtail

So now I'm exploring lower doses, currently at about 6 mg per day, which is expected to give a peak testosterone value over 800 ng/dL, still well above average for young men.

With propionate you can lower the dose to levels known to be typical of production in natural men. You can't do this with longer esters if the daily peak is important; instead you're stuck in a pretty narrow range all day.

Very interesting - thanks. Do you feel any different with the lower doses of Propionate? In my case, once I started on T-Cyp I felt better physically (thankfully I never had any ED issues before or after TRT). Now when I adjust doses up or down the only thing that changes are my lab values. Subjectively I feel no better or worse. I will discuss your strategy with my doc and see what he thinks. I like the idea of having the peak at the top of the lab range as opposed to the trough - just makes more sense to me.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Very interesting - thanks. Do you feel any different with the lower doses of Propionate? In my case, once I started on T-Cyp I felt better physically (thankfully I never had any ED issues before or after TRT). ... I like the idea of having the peak at the top of the lab range as opposed to the trough - just makes more sense to me.
Of the recent dose reduction I'd say at the least is hasn't hurt, and may have helped. I can't be sure because I'm trying a new protocol that has half the hCG and no AI.

It also makes sense to me to aim for physiological hormone levels. The U-shaped mortality curves are added incentive.

Golfboy307

I feel much better on 75 mg per week, or even slightly less. This tends to keep me below 1000 TT, more in the 800-900 range. Everything seems to work better for me on this lower dosage. (I am a bit of a high responder, so that may be too low for some guys)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me