Best injection technique for low dose daily SubQ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Willyt

I switched this year from E3.5 injections to low dose daily injections thanks to @Cataceous. I'm currently injecting 8mg each morning of Propionate-only after trying a blend of Cypionate and Prop. Like many on here, I started with harpoon needles from my general physician and than graduated (mercifully) to 29 gauge x 1/2 for shallow IM.

The shallow IM has worked fine for me (delts and ventro-glute), but I'm growing concerned that IM is not sustainable over a lifetime of daily injections. I did try SubQ several times on Cyp and Prop with 30 gauge x 5/16 @ 90 degree angle, but experienced burning and irritation for 2-3 days afterwards. Carrier oil didn't seem to matter as I've used both cottonseed and grapeseed.

I want to give daily SubQ another try and need advice on best practices to make it work. I am injecting Empower Propionate (grapeseed oil) in doses of 0.08ML so a relatively small volume.

I've pulled together a few tips from articles and videos for SubQ in abdomen area (1" outside of naval). What do you think? Maybe I'm overanalyzing it, but I'm trying to be more methodical this time around. Are there better techniques or videos out there?

1. Pinch skin horizontally
  2. Pull the pinch outward to separate fat layer from muscle
  3. Inject from inside-out (use right hand when injecting on left side side and vice versa), resting injection hand on stomach for stability. See 8 min mark of video below.
  4. Inject in area next to pinch
  5. Inject at 45 degrees (if fairly lean)
  6. Slowly release pinch as you inject
  7. Rub injection site to disperse oil (?)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I switched this year from E3.5 injections to low dose daily injections thanks to @Cataceous. I'm currently injecting 8mg each morning of Propionate-only after trying a blend of Cypionate and Prop. Like many on here, I started with harpoon needles from my general physician and than graduated (mercifully) to 29 gauge x 1/2 for shallow IM.

The shallow IM has worked fine for me (delts and ventro-glute), but I'm growing concerned that IM is not sustainable over a lifetime of daily injections. I did try SubQ several times on Cyp and Prop with 30 gauge x 5/16 @ 90 degree angle, but experienced burning and irritation for 2-3 days afterwards. Carrier oil didn't seem to matter as I've used both cottonseed and grapeseed.

I want to give daily SubQ another try and need advice on best practices to make it work. I am injecting Empower Propionate (grapeseed oil) in doses of 0.08ML so a relatively small volume.

I've pulled together a few tips from articles and videos for SubQ in abdomen area (1" outside of naval). What do you think? Maybe I'm overanalyzing it, but I'm trying to be more methodical this time around. Are there better techniques or videos out there?

1. Pinch skin horizontally
  2. Pull the pinch outward to separate fat layer from muscle
  3. Inject from inside-out (use right hand when injecting on left side side and vice versa), resting injection hand on stomach for stability. See 8 min mark of video below.
  4. Inject in area next to pinch
  5. Inject at 45 degrees (if fairly lean)
  6. Slowly release pinch as you inject
  7. Rub injection site to disperse oil (?)

There is no best injection technique.

It comes down to what works for you.

When injecting strictly sub-q (daily) let alone less frequently such as once weekly, twice weekly (every 3.5 days), M/W/F, EOD it would be more sensible to use a 1mL/.5mL/.3mL LDS (low dead space) fixed insulin syringe 27-31G various needle lengths 1/2" (12.7MM), 5/16"(8MM), 1/4" (roughly 6MM).

I inject strictly sub-q into abdominal adipose and use .5ml 31G x 1/4" (6MM) needle length.

Pinch, pull, jab 90°, let go skin, inject slow but steady.

Just inject slow and steady (less trauma) to surrounding tissue.

Avoid pressing hard on the plunger after injecting and it will make a big difference in preventing any flow back (oily solution/blood).

I find piercing the skin quick than injecting slow and steady with minimal pressure from start to finish works best.

The main benefits of using LDS (low dead space) fixed insulin syringes are a minimal waste of medication (esterified T), virtually painless, minimize scar tissue/trauma, easier to read for accurate dosing especially when injecting lower volumes of oil more frequently.

madman

Super Moderator
I did try SubQ several times on Cyp and Prop with 30 gauge x 5/16 @ 90 degree angle, but experienced burning and irritation for 2-3 days afterwards. Carrier oil didn't seem to matter as I've used both cottonseed and grapeseed.

Keep in mind that regardless of the injection technique used that you may very well be one who does not do well-injecting sub-q as some tend to experience lumps, pain/swelling post-injection.

Willyt

I find piercing the skin quick than injecting slow and steady with minimal pressure from start to finish works best.
Thanks @madman. I was surprised to see a number of videos where the guy will first press the needle point against the abdomen skin and then push to puncture versus the quick dart-style jab.

Why do some use 45 degree versus 90 degree angle?

madman

Super Moderator
Thanks @madman. I was surprised to see a number of videos where the guy will first press the needle point against the abdomen skin and then push to puncture versus the quick dart-style jab.

Why do some use 45 degree versus 90 degree angle?

Would come down to how much adipose tissue is in the area/needle length used.

Willyt

Reporting back on this thread for anyone following.

I have been having success at using the Subq technique outlined above with minimal post-injection pain. Not certain as to why I am doing better than when I tried it before, but my guess is that the pinch-pull + the 45 degree angle have helped. I've also been moving my injection site out closer to love handles.

Injecting with 29 gauge x 1/2. Will try smaller 31 gauge x 5/16 this week.

On related note, I've definitely noticed that SubQ seems to slow down the speed at which low dose daily Propionate (8mg) hits me versus shallow IM. That's a good thing in the case of Prop which can come on strong as many of you know.

Willyt

I inject strictly sub-q into abdominal adipose and use .5ml 31G x 1/4" (6MM) needle length.
Madman - Having tried the 31G x 5/16" needle the last several days, I was surprised at how much shorter the needle length seems compared to 29G x 1/2" - a good thing of course when injecting, but are you concerned that you are leaking out with such a short needle (especially the 1/4" that you use)? Or is this part of the reason why you should pinch that subq layer?

subq.png

Attachments

• 1627495021830.png
    1627495021830.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 23

Graham

Is there any part of the body where sub q absorbs better ? Such as abdominal fat vs pinching fat on a leaner part of the body ?

madman

Super Moderator
Madman - Having tried the 31G x 5/16" needle the last several days, I was surprised at how much shorter the needle length seems compared to 29G x 1/2" - a good thing of course when injecting, but are you concerned that you are leaking out with such a short needle (especially the 1/4" that you use)? Or is this part of the reason why you should pinch that subq layer?

View attachment 15820

Definitely, a big difference when going from 12.7MM--->8MM let alone 6MM needle length.

I am fairly lean and have never had an issue with any leakage of oily solution post-injection even when using the shortest needle 6MM.

Keep in mind that I also inject .375 mL (75 mg T every 3.5 days) of the oily solution.

The injection technique plays a huge part.

I still pinch before jabbing the needle straight in 90 °.

The 8MM and 6MM needle lengths are primo when injecting strictly sub-q let alone daily!

madman

Super Moderator
Is there any part of the body where sub q absorbs better ? Such as abdominal fat vs pinching fat on a leaner part of the body ?

Regarding absorption/effectiveness when injecting strictly sub-q it should make no difference.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me